It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Redsun: Aldrin and Armstrong On Mars in 1970?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Project Redsun: Aldrin and Armstrong On Mars in 1970?
Submitted by Luca Scantamburlo on Mon, 04/25/2011 - 12:15
PRESS RELEASE-TESTIMONY - APRIL 25, 2011
by Luca Scantamburlo
member of the Free Lance International Press (Rome, Italy)
www.angelismarriti.it/ANGELISMARRITI-ENG/PRESS_RELEASES

I introduce to you a press release-testimony I have written to discuss the presumed existence of a hush-hush military Space program called "Project Redsun", carried out in the '70s of the last century to build a stationary base on Mars, the Red Planet. My source of information - named by me "bravoxsierra24" - has contacted me by email. it is possible to reproduce the pages of the press release, and the picture here presented as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81eae1d594e7.jpg[/atsimg]

Its been slipped before that Buzz would like to return to Mars, I wonder if there is any truth to this?

The Information seems to suggest it was Aldrin and not Armstrong who was the commander of this manned Mars mission in a modified Saturn V called WPXVI...

www.ufodigest.com...

edit on 26-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: gtyook out extra wording

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Okay, who thinks that the Mars landings were faked??

Anyone? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
"bravoxsierra24" -

Bravo Sierra??

Is that code for a load of BS???

I had just seen this story listed in twitter and followed the link to it and found the site was relocating so it was 'down' temporarily.
Then I came to ATS and did a search as I thought I'd heard this story before.

I'm having a look, but I'm sure this 'slip of the tounge' was posted about here somehwere..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Faked? No. Happened? Yes, we've landed a few rovers and probes on Mars. humans? nope. With current technology it would take a little over 200 days to get to mars, and around 200 days to get back and the window is only there every 2 years. i have no idea how long the window lasts but I'm sure it can be determined if required.

So......

sometime in the 70s, Buzz and crew would have to take almost a year long trip to mars, almost a year back, and their window only comes around every 2 years not giving them a lot of leeway to explore or really do anything. The window i'm talking about has to do with orbits and using the least amount of fuel (so you can actually make it back.)

So unless someone can show me a 3 year span where buzz just disappeared off the face of the earth, I call BS.

but hey, if some random unsourced story from a dude named "bravoxsierra24" isn't a trust worthy source, what is?

edit on 26-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
^ Exactly!

Buzz said lots of controversial stuff over the last few decades.

In that same interview about going "back" to Mars, is the same one where he mentioned the Monolith on Phobos.
edit on 26-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
^ Exactly!

In that same interview about going "back" to Mars, is the same one where he mentioned the Monolith on Phobos.

Thats why honestly it would be better if he didn't say anything like Neil Armstrong b/c there is less of a chance of something said being mistaken BS.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
1970 seems to be the wrong year for travelling to Mars...

Distance from Earth varies from 36 million miles (nearest planet after Venus) to over 250 million miles.

www.uwgb.edu...
So based on that we need to check out what Mars/Earth were up to in this year..
Mars at its furthest was here in 1970
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59068a3cb1e1.png[/atsimg]
399000000 km = 247927105.702 mi.

And at its closest was in 1969
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4921c338df48.png[/atsimg]
72000000 km = 44738725.841 mi.
To watch the movements of both and to get an idea for yourself on how travelling to Mars in 1970 may very well have NOT been possible, check this link
www.windows2universe.org...

It would seem that they would have had to have left BEFORE they went to the moon and returned almost two years after they returned from the moon... after spending almost a year on Mars ?????

The only other possible way is with engineering way beyond our current public knowledge of the time and of this time still...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
buzz was probably drunk

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

Thats not a good reason to say he was lying, everyone knows you cant keep secrets when your drunk...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

no thats lsd
if youre drunkard you dont know whats truth and whats not
and buzz was a drunkard not just a drunk
he may have been drunk but a drunkard being drunk is a different story all together

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
^ Exactly!

Thats why honestly it would be better if he didn't say anything like Neil Armstrong b/c there is less of a chance of something said being mistaken BS.
I'm not sure of the secret Apollo missions(how many was there?),but what I do find interesting though is when ever Neil Armstrong speaks publicly he always seems to be holding back something,like he has a secret and wants to tell it..The day he speaks up with knowledge of secret space missions is the day I will believe 100%.......right now I don't know?

edit on 29-6-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I cannot buy this idea at all. Mainly because the technology needed to not only traverse that distance, but also come back, just wasn't available at the time. I doubt it could even be done at present. NASA didn't have fast enough vehicles to put it bluntly. They also didn't have any spacecraft of sufficient size to store all of the things the astronauts would have needed to sustain them on a trip of such distance, mainly food, water, and oxygen.

I also don't understand why NASA would want something like this to remain secret. They didn't with the Moon. What would be gained? Of course they wouldn't have to tell anyone about their "secret base," so I don't think that is a sufficient answer. I doubt that the US would have worked with Russia at that time on a project that would have to have contained very advanced technology, which could have been highly classified.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I cannot buy this idea at all. Mainly because the technology needed to not only traverse that distance, but also come back, just wasn't available at the time. I doubt it could even be done at present. NASA didn't have fast enough vehicles to put it bluntly. They also didn't have any spacecraft of sufficient size to store all of the things the astronauts would have needed to sustain them on a trip of such distance, mainly food, water, and oxygen.

I also don't understand why NASA would want something like this to remain secret. They didn't with the Moon. What would be gained? Of course they wouldn't have to tell anyone about their "secret base," so I don't think that is a sufficient answer. I doubt that the US would have worked with Russia at that time on a project that would have to have contained very advanced technology, which could have been highly classified.

So are you claiming that you are aware of all technology currently in possession of the United States Government and military? Do you believe that the military does not have any secret/classified technology beyond that which is publicly known?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The best thing US could do during highly competitive space race against Soviet Union is to keep people landing on Mars a secret.
Yes. Sure.
Frankly, i would trust idea of faking Moon landing 100 times (and i do not think it was faked) over successful Mars landing that was hushed.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Faked? No. Happened? Yes, we've landed a few rovers and probes on Mars. humans? nope.

phishyblankwaters, meet humor.

humor, meet phishyblankwaters.

I believe you two might know a distant cousin of humor, sarcasm?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Recently the robots trips to Mars have brought data that shows that radiation is far bigger than what it was expected. This according to NASA will require new technologies to protect the Astronauts that currently do not exists. Also a lot of people say that radiation was a concern in the Apollo program and cites this danger a to one of the reasons to the termination of the series.

NASA article on radiation.

NASA report on radiation going to Mars

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Interesting conspiracy theory but I highly doubt NASA had a budget for 2 crewed missions to mars in the 1970's. Especially after 6 crewed lunar missions (and a bunch of test flights) There would have been a huge impact in government spending and it would have eventually have been noticed by someone and brought up to the public much sooner. Another problems is why would they keep it secret? Their goal back then was to prove to other nations that they were the best at space travel thus dominating all other nations. If they did pull off a mars mission they would want everyone to know about it. Another problem with this redsun thing is they are having a hard time even with today's technology getting to mars (both america & Russia) I know the economy and politics prevent huge expeditions of interplanetary travel.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: questcequecest

no thats lsd
if youre drunkard you dont know whats truth and whats not
and buzz was a drunkard not just a drunk
he may have been drunk but a drunkard being drunk is a different story all together

I felt drunk just reading that.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So does this tie in with the NASA (female?) employee that saw astronauts on the surface of Mars?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Of course Neil and Buzz had body doubles, that is why they were not missed for 3 years..... actually it was the body doubles that went to Mars and the real ones stayed behind after the real Buzz developed a cold.

new topics

top topics

join