It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for B.O.B.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hello,

I am in need of putting together another BOB and I am having problems locating the bag I want. I have found this bag in the past and now I am having problems in locating another one, at least for the money. Currently, the only one I can find is the Spec Ops T.H.E. Pack but the price is more than I want to spend. The bag I have has no part numbers but does have a Red Rock manufacturer label. Does anyone know where I could locate a bag such as I referenced in the link above? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

You ever try Cregslist
find the city closest to you then look under the "Sporting" section... there you'll find tons of ad from people selling there old stuff... and if you don't see what you want go to the wanted section and place your own add...

Being an old penny pincer myself I love Craigslist

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Not quite sure what you are asking for. Are you looking for a bag similar to the Specs Ops bag? but cheaper? or are you looking for another "red rock' bag? The only "red rock" that I am familiar with was made by Kelty. I don't believe that they make it any longer. Certainly you could find a substitute bag in the Kelty lineup. They make good bags at affordable prices.

These www.goruck.com... are pricey but I have a couple of buddies that swear by them.

Anyway, any bag will do for a BOB depending on how you want to carry it. It's what's inside the bag that matters.

These are nice countycomm.com... for only $33. Shop around and check out Maxpedition bags as well.

Have fun.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

link

you can try that. looks about the same. i know there are going to be differences, but for the difference in price.. sometimes it's just better to go with a cheaper model or version..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The backpack in the OP is a piece of fancy looking garbage Imo.
If you have ever strapped a pack to yourself and spent anymore than 10 minutes walking around you quickly find out why any pack considered MUST have a frame.
Sure a 10 Lb. pack all day long at the amusement park is a nuisance, but add 40 Lbs. and keep it on for a week.
There is a reason why any who hike use framed packs.
But hey i got mine.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks, I will check out the suggestions.
I would like to have the exact same bag if I can find it for the right price($40-$50), I am just kinda anal that way.

I will look them up and see what they have.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I have used this bag for years and love it as it fills all my needs and I have my frame packs when the time comes to use them.

To each their own. Thanks though.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join