It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Brits don't care about the royal wedding.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by Itop1
Its more like 80% do care and will watch it on TV or even be in london, only a minority of people visit conspiracy websites that dont care.

If you visit here, scroll to bottom where the public vote comments:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

You will clearly see that the majority of the public who visit the daily mail website are against negative comments, people on this forum (the minority) create threads like this to try and make others believe that nobody cares, 80% dont care... hahaha, where do you live under a stone??

Tomorrow, when you see the streets of london lined with thousands and thousands and thousands of people... you come on here and tell me nobody cares, because your talking out your ass, people do care and thats why thousands of people are already camped in london before its even started, nobody cares about your republic view, only a very small minority, you probably have the same amount of followers as the BNP, so please, stop spreading false information just to make yourself feel better, im not expecting anyone to agree with me, because most normal people dont visit conspiracy forums, instead they are too busy getting on with their lives in the real world, i know this will be hard for you to read without raging, but its true

Thousands of people still aren't a majority - sorry to pee on yer Daily Fail reading idiocy.
Perhaps people here SHOULD read more of the comments on that site though. Then they might realise it's reader base are holier than thou lower middle class knuckle draggers who'll believe anything they read & daren't leave the house. Now go back to having a ham shank over the Queen & let the grown ups tell you like it is.

And you think your angst and cynicism is typical of Brits ? You say it all in your own description " Mood Discontent ". But don't expect the rest of us to wallow in it with you.

I am greatly looking forward to tomorrow, as are many of my neighbours who have hung out union flags and St Georges flags. You don't have to watch it. You can pull the curtains and reflect on how " discontent " you are.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I my self and soooo many others i know are not in the least bit interested other than i have a bank holiday i can use as a floater over the next year.
As to some ppls beliefs that the Royals are popular still ... well I'm afraid that may not be entirely true and the Family is really tolerated ... we would hate to of had a President Blair or a Bush and for the most part i think its a case of better the devil you know until something acceptable is presented to the British public... which is unlikely to happen in the near future as we also hold our politicians with great disdain.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I like the mugs that have 'thanks for the extra holiday!' on
Someone has tapped into the real British person on that one !

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
To be honest, and any person with a brain would agree with this is that some people are looking forward to tomorrow and some arent, we could be here all night beating around the bush, putting our own side accross but it isnt gonna change anything, its a bit like religion, some worship it and others think its the worst thing ever to exist but creating a thread saying "80% of Brits don't care about the royal wedding" is complete nonsense and utterly untrue.

Anyway, here are the security measures for tomorrow, AGAIN... some will be interested and some wont, so please at least try to make any reply constructive, if at all.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just for the record, the UK taxpayer is paying for the security, but not the wedding. We also pay for the security when a bunch of rich kids run riot in London complaining that the world doesn't work according to their naive ideals. And, indeed, when the IRA or whoever threaten a bombing attack.

The Royal Family brings in far more money than it costs us, and remains the envy of the world. Why are so many thousands of journalists from America in London this week?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Strange how the pommies complain over the cost of Prince William's wedding but they don't question the cost of knocking his mother off in France.......
edit on 28-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
Actually I think you will find many people do care about the royal wedding and probably intend to watch it. You probably won't find many interested who visit conspiracy sites. But don't forget many people are still not connected to the internet or if they are just tend to use it for emails. Many elderly people are still firm royalists.

While the statement may be true that many people are not as excited about it as they were about Charles and Diane it must be remembered that William is not the heir to the throne just second in line. It is not a state occassion. For all that people in the UK may not like particualr members of the Royal Family their is no great republican sentiment, most people still prefer the status quo.

So no matter how many people on forums bash the royals they are still immensly popular in the UK.

Also when you look at how Americans view their president and ex president and practically worship at their feet can you really say that there is a great deal of difference between how the peoples of each country view their heads of state.

Lmao at the royals being immensely popular. You outright liar. What middle - upper class suburban community are you basing your findings on? In the real world the Royals are despised, absolutely.

The only people who like them are superficial and politically illiterate females, it's not nice to see but an unfortunate and very real reflection of the female sex in the West. I guarantee you that the only old people who even come close to supporting the Monarchy are old female hags who sit around and watch Loose Women. I've not met a bloody person yet who cares about this wedding, outside of OK! Magazine reading buffoons.

Most peoples Grandparents will be turning over in their grave at the female hero worship for the Monarch scum. The same Royals who made life a misery for the British people, stole wealth and land, destroyed workers rights movement and incited wars.

Your entire viewpoint makes me sick to my stomach. You want to be a slave!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
While I can't get excited about the wedding, I think it's getting a lot of play in the media simply because it's a 'happy' story they can report on that doesn't include a lot of doom and gloom.

Let's face it, most of the news recently has been even more negative than usual: lousy economy, Japan quake and nuclear fear, tornadoes, etc. A royal wedding may be fluff but at least it's a break in the daily negative grind.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Its more like 80% do care and will watch it on TV or even be in london, only a minority of people visit conspiracy websites that dont care.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

You will clearly see that the majority of the public who visit the daily mail website are against negative comments, people on this forum (the minority) create threads like this to try and make others believe that nobody cares, 80% dont care... hahaha, where do you live under a stone??

Tomorrow, when you see the streets of london lined with thousands and thousands and thousands of people... you come on here and tell me nobody cares, because your talking out your ass, people do care and thats why thousands of people are already camped in london before its even started, nobody cares about your republic view, only a very small minority, you probably have the same amount of followers as the BNP, so please, stop spreading false information just to make yourself feel better, im not expecting anyone to agree with me, because most normal people dont visit conspiracy forums, instead they are too busy getting on with their lives in the real world, i know this will be hard for you to read without raging, but its true

The Daily Mail is a website for nationalist and pro-Establishment Torys. It's read by a small minority and Mail readers are openly mocked. I mean it's nicknamed the Daily Heil for christ sake!

But there you have it. The Royals are supported by Torys, as we know. And Torys in their middle class houses are under the impression they and the life they enjoy is normal. Unfortunately the majority of Britain knows differently.

There are no polls showing majority support for this Wedding, because it doesn't exist. Try leaving your quaint OxBridge world and speaking to some 'peasant' folk

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
So the average Joe in the UK are struggling to fuel there cars, feed their families, find a job, a poor justice system, immigration out of control, our roads are falling apart, fighting a pathetic war, our service men and women face losing their jobs, armed services with lack of kit (i bet harry and williams helicopters are always working) we have soldiers dying and the country wants to stop fir a sodding wedding. but to know that our taxpayers money is going towards a wedding, one I don't care about and two I have no interest or any knowledge about the couple getting married I find it disgusting. Everyone i have spoke to have said they are not interested. But hey I'll be out for the day so I don't have to sit in and flick through the 20 odd channels that will broadcasting it.

What about the olympics, music festvals and all other public events that taxpayer moneys goes towards, you do realise that the middletons are paying for the wedding with their OWN money, right?? the taxpayer is just paying for public services like security, which happens at any public events, going by your theory we should do away with every public event and just be a really depressing country....

I thought Kate was a commoner? How can her family afford such a lavish wedding? Most commoners can't afford a block of cheese in todays economy.

You monarchs will be the first ones lined up against the wall.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

And why should 80% of us care about their wedding?

We're the 80% that has the good sense to realise, 100% of royals are equally disinterested in our weddings too.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thousands of people still aren't a majority - sorry to pee on yer Daily Fail reading idiocy.
Perhaps people here SHOULD read more of the comments on that site though. Then they might realise it's reader base are holier than thou lower middle class knuckle draggers who'll believe anything they read & daren't leave the house. Now go back to having a ham shank over the Queen & let the grown ups tell you like it is.

Truth hurts doesnt it? even when given polls and websites, even when a video gets released tomorrow of thousands of people, possibly millions in london, you will still deny it and keep living under your tiny rock which you like to call the conspiracy world

What truth? What polls & websites? Oh that's right, the Daily mail & Sun I presume. Don't make me laugh. I don't care how many people are in London tomorrow, I don't care how many people are in that cesspit of gluttony full stop. As for me staying under my conspiracy rock, well dear, fyi I'll be up the pub at the all weekend beer festival rubbing shoulders with real people, not hysterical flag waving numpties. No tv there, thank God!
edit on 28-4-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Essan
Just for the record, the UK taxpayer is paying for the security, but not the wedding. We also pay for the security when a bunch of rich kids run riot in London complaining that the world doesn't work according to their naive ideals. And, indeed, when the IRA or whoever threaten a bombing attack.

The Royal Family brings in far more money than it costs us, and remains the envy of the world. Why are so many thousands of journalists from America in London this week?

What do the Royal Family bring in that wouldn't exist without them? The argument is bunk.

Egypt long since got rid of their kings and queens, but people still go to see the Pyramids.

This idea that the Royals are adding to the economy is ROFL-level funny. People would visit our great architecture with or without some ancient sponge living on the premises. The entire argument you're putting forward is without anything in the way of real evidence. You're promoting fallacy.

link   

Originally posted by LostMyPassword

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Daily Mail is a website for nationalist and pro-Establishment Torys. It's read by a small minority and Mail readers are openly mocked. I mean it's nicknamed the Daily Heil for christ sake!

But there you have it. The Royals are supported by Torys, as we know. And Torys in their middle class houses are under the impression they and the life they enjoy is normal. Unfortunately the majority of Britain knows differently.

There are no polls showing majority support for this Wedding, because it doesn't exist. Try leaving your quaint OxBridge world and speaking to some 'peasant' folk

Your one very angry person
dont worry, millions/billions of people will enjoy the wedding as the majority of people are looking forward to it

And like the person above said, its refreshing to have some good/positive news to report rather than all the doom and gloom of recently, but i think your one of those conspiracy freaks that love the doom and gloom and the thought of the world ending, thats why you are in such a rage

Enjoy the wedding

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Truth hurts doesnt it? even when given polls and websites, even when a video gets released tomorrow of thousands of people, possibly millions in london, you will still deny it and keep living under your tiny rock which you like to call the conspiracy world

What truth? What polls & websites? Oh that's right, the Daily mail & Sun I presume. Don't make me laugh. I don't care how many people are in London tomorrow, I don't care how many people are in that cesspit of gluttony full stop. As for me staying under my conspiracy rock, well dear, fyi I'll be up the pub at the all weekend beer festival rubbing shoulders with real people, not hysterical flag waving numpties. No tv there, thank God!
edit on 28-4-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

It's funny he mentioned the BNP. Last I checked the Royalists are in good company, EDL anyone?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostMyPassword

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Your one very angry person
dont worry, millions/billions of people will enjoy the wedding as the majority of people are looking forward to it

And like the person above said, its refreshing to have some good/positive news to report rather than all the doom and gloom of recently, but i think your one of those conspiracy freaks that love the doom and gloom and the thought of the world ending, thats why you are in such a rage

Enjoy the wedding

I don't see how billions of pounds on a Wedding between 2 elitist slime balls is a good news story. The type of people who view this as joyous or special are clearly lacking in anything that resembles morals or ethics. You have no understanding of triviality.

The money that will be pissed down the drain could save tens of thousands of lives, AT LEAST. And I'm expected to be happy about the fact it's spent on the ego-stroking of some oppressive Monarch #e-hawks?

You're damn right I'm angry. And anyone with value for life and right and wrong is angry too.

You know what will make me happy though? When London sees a wave of protest tomorrow. My faith in humanity and human morality will be restored, and I'll smile. The problem is when these genuinely positive things happen, the media spins it as doom and gloom ay.

Disgust at you and your ilk.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LostMyPassword

How much profits are made from alcohol consumption in Britain again?????

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Let that image burn in your mind for a little while. Your support for Monarchs, lavish weddings and a national holiday will money lost that could save thousands of human lives.

I guess it's easier to ignore kids crying with flies in their eyes when they're black and in a foreign land.

While we're at it the Monarchy scum should give back the jewels and gold they stole.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This thread goes to show how un-informed some people are about the Royal Family and the benefit of having them, of course, they are part of the fictional illuminate, they are also Nazis and wedding is just a set up event to distract us from something terrible....

I expect tomorrow i'll read a thread about Prince Williams being an alien or something
and its already been claimed that he is the antichrist, but then again isn't everyone?

Anyway, i will leave it at that, the plants in my back garden would give me a more educated conversation.

Let that image burn in your mind for a little while. Your support for Monarchs, lavish weddings and a national holiday will money lost that could save thousands of human lives.

I guess it's easier to ignore kids crying with flies in their eyes when they're black and in a foreign land.

While we're at it the Monarchy scum should give back the jewels and gold they stole.

Yes, and if you knew ANYTHING about the royal family you would know that they have charities set up and donate a lot of money to help people in need, what about you? what do you donate? absolutely nothing!
edit on 28-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by LostMyPassword

How much profits are made from alcohol consumption in Britain again?????

I'd imagine a hell of alot. That's another thing the elitist scum do to keep the common man down. Target peasant goods like alcohol and tobacco and extort the working class scum with ridiculously high taxes. Then jail any commoners who dare to import tobacco from more Democratic nations

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join