It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else think this site is strange...somehow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Yeah...the title sais it all really. For some reason many posts, threads strike me as odd...don't know why though...apart from them obviously looking for someone here...yeah...that's what it is.
Anyone else?
edit on 26-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hey Dude,

Yeah I kinda agree but I wouldnt say its the site thats weird Id say its the people on the site that are weird.
I mean you get some absolute nuff nuffs but its good for a laugh

Im not sure if I understand your post, are you looking for someone here? do you mean like a GF or a guru or what?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

That's a bit vague dude.

Could you give us an example of a thread that made you feel strange? When you say strange, do you mean scared, anxious, happy,sad? Please ellaborate a little more.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by dude69

That's a bit vague dude.

Could you give us an example of a thread that made you feel strange? When you say strange, do you mean scared, anxious, happy,sad? Please ellaborate a little more.

No specific one. You never notice many threads being similar to each other and that seem motivated by some agenda? Meaning they're written in such a way that will draw a specific type of person in, or reveal specific information...just weird.
edit on 26-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The only thing that concerns me at times is the moderators.

They like to delete posts and if you ask for an explanation they suddenly disappear.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Thats why I always argue the opposite of how I actually feel about something, that way no one can actually pin me down on anything

for instance This thread is genius nice observation

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

dude60 i'm a noob here and i noticed that early on. this site could very easily be a magnet site for drawing flies, so convenient in one spot. many others have posted their feelings on other members being obvious plants or bots.

the larger the project the less easy it is to hide, so doing it right out in the open becomes the option. this site would be a great example of that if it were a agency data mining site.

i've noticed posts that even sway towards people actually grouping together to action, or discussion of how would you take to specific actions, quickly disappear. this may be excused away by site policy or whatever reasons owner(s) chooses, but it is still a valid observation.

an 'agency' would not have to own or monitor many sites like ATS to have a great round-up list. then again, we can probably say that for the whole internet.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Some people that I've been watching post for the past two years seem to be changing a bit. More hostile, sarcastic, or just set out to attack people no matter what. I have wondered what is happening, and I think it's stress. There's so much taking place. I see a few threads that seem to have an agenda too. Some are so full of disinfo, it's impossible to communicate anymore. It could be hired agent provocateurs. Who knows.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

I don't suppose it is stranger than any other. I know sometimes people act quite friendly writing u2u, asking questions, trolling for info and then vanish like the ghosts you read about. So maybe one or two some insincere moderators and I notice a few people depressed to the point of needing medical treatment but that is to be expected probably in a website this large. Perfection is a lofty goal my friend. One to which we all aspire.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by dude69

Thats why I always argue the opposite of how I actually feel about something, that way no one can actually pin me down on anything

for instance This thread is genius nice observation

Or maybe you just forgot what you said and luckily it is usually not your opinion anyway so no great loss right? Why bother writing anything at all then? Are you writing to entertain yourself or others? Or anyone?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No, this one's normal, the rest are strange.

We live in Bizarro World, you know.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

new topics

top topics

join