It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3000 y/o mummy of a Persian king? You HAVE to see this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well, I have just come across this stunning video of an allegedly 3000 year old Persian mummy:

www.youtube.com...

A strange old mummy man has found around Sanandaj, Iran. It is supposed that belong to more than 3 thousand years ago. Tehran, Nov 18, 2008: A prehistoric burial ground has been discovered near the Iranian city of Sanandaj, which dates back to 3,000

Source: AOL

What are your thoughts on this?

I mean, it looks too good to be true... and I couldn't find any "other" decent sources. If anyone of you knows more, please tell me..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Looks like a wooden dude with some plastic bling covered in kinda-sorta Old Persian. And someone stuck some old mop on his face for a beard.

Poor plastic dude. Doesn't even have toes.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I was all enthuiastic will I read your post Foxy - what no toes after 3000 years whatever next. I wonder how it hasn't crumbled to dust.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've not seen gold work from the persians like this before the persians were master goldsmiths and that fish on his chest looks rubbish.There seems to be an Amphora design on his belt that would be consistant with the period though.So who knows.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Have there been any updates on this, it looks like cuniform writing on those plates, with his beard he does look like he belongs to the Zoroistrians

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Well I just had a look for any updates & can't really find any, but it does mention it on this web site,its about 1/5th of the way down

November 18, 2008 - Sanandaj, Iran - Construction company workers have discovered a cemetery surrounded by five tombs during roadway excavation nearby Hassan Abaad village approximately 500 meter from a historical ancient site of Zagros Mountain in Iran. The tombs contain five exquisitely preserved mummies and treasure, what archaeologists are calling the best-ever relics of a civilization that began nearly 8000 years ago in the greater Iran. Archaeologists are mystified and impressed by preservation method that was used on these mummies by ancient Iranians. These mummies date back to more than 3,000 years and believed to have lived around the year 1000 BCE or 500 BCE prior to Koorosh (Cyrus) The Great of the Hakhamaneshian (Achaemenid) dynasty.

According to local villagers, the tombs are made of lead on the outside and gold plate on inside surface. One of the tombs contains a completely intact and well-preserved mummy of a Persian king wearing a bejeweled crown with many valuable accessories including rings, necklaces and bracelets that were placed in a box next to him. Many ancient artifacts, a golden rod resembling an ancient Iranian flag decorated with valuable jewelry, a gold fish plate and eagle-like plate with Persian cuneiform writing were also found inside this tomb. Persian cuneiform writing is a pictographic writing system used by ancient Iranians.

The Iranian government news agencies have yet to report anything about this important historical discovery. It is highly likely that mummies will soon be destroyed and their artifacts and jewelries stolen by Islamic government officials for personal financial gain. The world's historical and cultural organizations are encouraged to move quickly to preserve this priceless discovery.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
sorry the link...hehehe..

iransara.info...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"A strange old mummy man has found around Sanandaj, Iran"

this definatly goes in my top 10 dumbest sentences ive ever read.
haha

"a strange OLD .... MUMMYMAN! has found around Sanandaj, Iran"

hahah
so believable

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

No offense to the OP but that looks like and reminds me of a low budget Carnival attraction.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Someone took a trip to the Hobby shop and didn't do a good job of the product.

It looks ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
haha!...that aint no mummy....and it aint 3000 yrs old....if i had to guess id say fake, no way that lining of the coffin would of stopped decomposition...of an "untreated" corpse...which looks like a statue from my local indian market.

well i know 3000, yrs ago the persian empire was growing, 2,500 yrs ago they conquered egypt...it just begs the question......how do they know the difference between persian, sumerian, arab, babylonian etc.

edit on 26-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't know.... It does look like a wooden dummy... Just a bit to well preserved for 3000 years...

Though I do suppose it is possible. Ever heard of the sleeping beauty mummy? She died in 1920. Really amazing.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

So I suppose it is possible... But I will tell you that the "mummy" shown in the OP... Just...looks like a wooden figure to me....

edit on 27-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
LOL those jewels look so FAKE. They look like the fake plastic jewels I used to glue onto a cigar box for a school project.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

I was thinking that as well... They look like plastic jewels that you could buy from any given dollar store.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Looks fake.

The Inca mummies were extremely well preserved, though.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Sorry, but I'm with the none believers. It just looks too much like a freak show exhibit.

Thank you for posting though. It is interesting and who knows, we may all be proved wrong. S&F.

top topics

join