It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rain has me Depressed... Not what you think

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It's actually the lack of rain. See I live South of Houston, TX and it's been very dry here for awhile now. In fact, so far in April we have only gotten 0.01 inches of rain. Since January 1st, and if someone want's to confirm this for me, we have only had 2.48 inches. That's less than we normally have in April alone!

I have noticed that I haven't felt normal for a few months now. I also have had a tremendous craving for water recently. Forget 8 cups a day, more like 24-32 cups a day. I feel like I am starting to lose it a little. Tonight there might be storms coming in for the first time in a long time and there is no way I am going to be able to sleep. I have been getting jittery like I drank 10 cups of coffee everytime one of these storms come in. It gets to about halfway in between Dallas and Houston and just dies out...

So basically what this post comes down to is a question. Has anyone ever heard any reports of someone being depressed or at least feeling different because of weather systems, or a lack of? I need some help...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
We're the opposite here. Heavy downpours daily and flooding. I wish we could send the rest of our rain your way.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I wish! Thanks anyways.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Some people at times feel their aches and pains rise up when it rains. Emotion tied to weather is pretty normal though.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yes, please take our rain! It has been flooding like crazy here in the midwest. Been getting like 6 inches a day.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

What about depression and rain? Normally they are associated together but in this case its the opposite.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Im sorry to hear you have not been getting the rain you need, I will send you some it may take some time but rest assured its on the way...

As for me the rain can stay away, for I feel that its the biggest way for this radiation problem to be spread...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm Bi-Polar and I can tell you, the weather effects my moods like crazy! (no pun intended, lol
)

...but you don't have to be Bi-Polar in order to have your moods effect by the weather. I've noticed it in people around me who aren't Bi-Polar

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
We've got a record amount of rain for April, and it ain't through yet

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I agree, the more rain, the more Rad's it spreads...

Kinda sad...but what are we to do??

I love the rain, but i never go out in it anymore....not worth it....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I appreciate everyone sending there rain my way. I feel like once we get a decent storm here this feeling will pass.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I would risk the radiation at this point just to get a storm. The smell is enough to make my adrenaline flow.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by trippvail
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

What about depression and rain? Normally they are associated together but in this case its the opposite.

Some people like rain more than others.
Just like how some love thunder and lightning while others are fearful of it and will do anything to drown out the sound or occupy their minds.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by trippvail
I also have had a tremendous craving for water recently. Forget 8 cups a day, more like 24-32 cups a day.
I need some help...

You need to see a doctor.
Seriously.

Diabetes.

Do a google search now. Its one of the first symptoms.
I'm serious here.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
We're the opposite here. Heavy downpours daily and flooding. I wish we could send the rest of our rain your way.

My girlfriend just called city hall. It seems that the local resevoir is full. The are releaseing an enormous amount of water. They are warning us, mainly a little lower, but not really
, to be ready for rising waters. My sons school is the designated evacuation zone. It is one and a half blocks up the hill.

I was going to bed, but now I am a little worried.

Soaken wet here in Southern Illinois.

ETA: To answer the original op's question, I have never heard of depression from a lack of rain, I think it is the other way around,but I am no shrink....I had a freak out moment earlier, I thought we were sinking or something..Be careful what you wish for..

edit on 26-4-2011 by liejunkie01 because: ETA

edit on 26-4-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Interesting post, I've never understood why many people get depressed when it rains, I personally enjoy the rain more than sunshine sometimes. It's possible your surroundings, the environment in which you're living does not suit your personality. Rain has been noted to alleviate stress in more arid regions of the globe.

I think of rain as a gift, water being an essential part of our existence. I love thunderstorms, snow and other natural pheonomena and enjoy most types of weather which many people consider unpleasant. The noise of rainfall is soothing, the feeling of rain hitting you is pleasant and refreshing and also it makes one appreciate having shelter. Whilst all of these reasons for enjoying rainfall may seem trivial it still fascinates me that most people here tend to feel more upset when rain approaches, I will never understand why..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by trippvail

I love the rain too, but i wait till the storm has stopped to go outside to smell the rain...

Even though that is likely horrible in itself as well...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Well, unless you are growing 100% of your own food indoors using verified non-rad containing water, and drink only that verified non-rad water, then odds are you are ingesting tons more radiation than the amount that rain water hitting a few square inches of your skin could ever deliver to you. Not trying to scare ya or anything, just saying that going out in the rain is the least of your problems if you are afraid of the amount of radiation contained in it.

As for the OP, I live in Portland, OR and while we don't get the quantity of rain that many places do, the actual days that it rains is ridiculously high. It seems like 90% of the time it is raining here, but it's probably not actually that bad. Anyway my point is, just like other posters, you are welcome to our rain as I'm sure people here would be glad to get rid of a few rainy days, especially if it could help out a rain starved person such as yourself.
I'm not a fan of rain personally, it doesn't bug me that much, but rainy day after rainy day gets tiring after awhile. Anything that breaks from that norm I enjoy, be is a bright sunny day ( I think we have maybe 5 or 6 of them here) or hail, snow. But those don't happen much either. It barely snows or hails. Just rain. Rain rain rain. Maybe you should move here?

On a more serious note, what someone else said is quite true, you should really get checked out by a doctor because diabetes is nothing to play around with.

edit on 26-4-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
To the two posters asking me to get checked out, thanks for your consideration. Unfortunatly I got a full physical a little less than a month ago to see if there WAS actually something going on because I assumed the same. I also had a follow up 2 weeks ago. Both visits show me being in perfect health by the numbers. This has to be a mental thing.

On another note, we had rain!!! Not much, but enough to wet the ground for about an hour or two. It is looking like we might get rain tonight too. I will be waiting again for it to come in. I am hoping for lightning and thunder too. We shall see. Thanks again to everyone.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by trippvail

Well no rain tonight. Bummer. Looks like the next 10 days are clear for now...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join