It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misuse of the '' The universe is big, life must exist'' lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Almost every discussion believers always bring up that line. The problem is no one is debating that Aliens may exist somewhere in the huge universe. The debate of the skeptics is that theres no evidence that aliens have visited Earth

Theres a big difference between the two.

Common line that needs to stop being used among the believers to try & make a point.Existing somewhere does not mean visitation has taken place.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well to further the debate, are you sure the skeptics have total proof there is NO evidence on earth?

I mean sure, I don't have concrete proof myself and no FACT based resource on Earth is currently telling me there is evidence.

But take the Nazca Lines, the Pyramids, Stonehenge and many others I'm sure and it should at least get the old cogs turning - maybe the evidence IS here, we're just utterly convinced it's all man-made.

I find it funny the skeptics say there is no proof they have visited Earth when there are thousands of written close encounter reports, aviation reports and military sightings. Let alone a plethora of investigations that have led to strange markings being found, apparent real implants and so forth. Sure, they may not all be true, but there must be a mathmatical sum that equates if you receive 1000 reports about a UFO, at least one of them must be written honestly.
edit on 25-4-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesMcgaha

Completely agree with you.
I myself am a skeptic when it comes to aliens visiting Earth, but definitely believe that there are life out there.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

True; i do not believe we have been visited personally but i'm not saying it hasn't happened. I would just like to see more evidence from the people who claim it. I think its entirely feasible That aliens are spying on us maybe without us noticing. Or they are controlling our governments perhaps.

I believe Life is existent throughout the universe as well but that alone does not bode that life has visited Earth while humans have been here.

Not saying it hasn't happened though; I'm just uncertain whether it has or not..

edit on 25-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
But take the Nazca Lines, the Pyramids, Stonehenge and many others I'm sure and it should at least get the old cogs turning - maybe the evidence IS here, we're just utterly convinced it's all man-made.

How are man-man objects, demonstrably man-made objects, evidence of aliens?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Well, that's a good point.

I'm not saying it was aliens. I'm saying I find it hard to believe it was always humans.

Why a bunch of prehistoric chaps would draw a gigantic picture of an astronaut doesn't make sense to me in an "aliens did it way" nor a "humans did it" way.

Every day science proves that yesterday's view is out-dated. I feel historians don't use a similar approach. I just get the impression they sometimes start from the wrong point. But this is still an area I've really only put thought into.....now, as you mentioned it

Instead of starting from, "we don't know what did this or how, so let's assume we know absolutely nothing and look at the logical (and illogical) ways it could have happened" we always seem to start with "Humans did this, so let's figure out how they did it..."

edit on 25-4-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The things is, there are thousands of sightings and reports every year , and some excellent eyewitness accounts from very credible witnesses. The trouble is, skeptics just don't believe them. They keep crying 'show me proof!' and then debate endlessly that they are right. If you don;t believe then fine, stay off the aliens forum and stick to thinking the US government caused 9/11.

However, what would you consider to be proof? A photo or a video? No, you would say - thats CGI or photoshop. OK, what about physical evidence on the ground? Like burn holes or crop circles? No, you say - thats just faked and those circles are two old dudes with boards strapped to their feet. What about good eye witnesses like cops, judges, air force officers (trained to recognise all manner of aircraft) - no you cry, they were mistaken and I don't believe them.

Am I saying we should believe everything we see or hear? No way! I would say prob 99% of all UFO clips I have seen on this site are nothing more than easily explainable things - helicopters, radio controlled helos, Chinese lanterns - this list is endless, BUT there might be some that are genuine and who are we to say otherwise? Did you attend every UFO site and see for yourself? Did you personally interview every witness and listen to what they had to say? No, neither did I, thats why I am inclined to think that there is a possibility that some UFOs are actually alien craft visiting us, and why wouldn't they? we are a burgeoning civilisation on the brink of real space flight beyond our moon - I imagine they might find that interesting.

Open your mind - I know some people think it makes them sound all intellectual to take the skeptics stance, but all it makes you sound is narrow minded, and I might add for many on here hypocrite! When I read what some of you believe in it makes me laugh, but thats your opinions, and who knows you might just be right. until I now for sure, i keep an open mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think it is an incontrovertible truth with unquestionable evidence that aliens have visited Earth. At this point, with all the information at your disposal, it would seem ludicrous to invest in any other theory.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm with you Jim with all the reports, abduction experiences, ufo's caught on camera they cant all be lying. Most of them probably are but all of them?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcgaha
Almost every discussion believers always bring up that line. The problem is no one is debating that Aliens may exist somewhere in the huge universe. The debate of the skeptics is that theres no evidence that aliens have visited Earth

Theres a big difference between the two.

Common line that needs to stop being used among the believers to try & make a point.Existing somewhere does not mean visitation has taken place.

I don't see the problem or how it is misused.
I definitely don't think it should be stopped since it applies to many situations and a great many knowledgeable people have said it as well.
Carl Sagan for one.
Of course many people ARE claiming that Aliens may not in fact exist anywhere in the huge universe AND those same people are often adding there's no evidence of visitation so to claim they all think the same thing is inaccurate to say the least.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Im sorry but I dont think anyone has a problem distinguishing between the two. That statement is used by people who believe that we are being visited y ET's to just say look its logical that there is life outside our planet which means that its therefore logical that life could evolve elsewhere to the point where it is more advanced than us and capable of space travel.

I dont think anyone ever uses the fact that logically there is most likely life beyond earth as sole evidence for ET visitations. I think that you are making a mad assumption about people who use this or simply srate that we know life beyond earth is very likely, hence UFO's for example are a possibility.

Noone ever uses this statement as the sole means as to why earth is aparently being visited by ET's

edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by markymint

How are man-man objects, demonstrably man-made objects, evidence of aliens?

can you you please point me in the direction of video showing mankind making a 1:1 scale pyramid that was just like the pyramids in egypt? how did they build it from the bottom up or inside out?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcgaha
Almost every discussion believers always bring up that line.

You should have mentioned the other one too...

"You're just too afraid to accept the truth!"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismos

can you you please point me in the direction of video showing mankind making a 1:1 scale pyramid that was just like the pyramids in egypt? how did they build it from the bottom up or inside out?

Over the last several hundred years a LOT of research has been applied to this very subject. Try reading it.

First hit in google. www.catchpenny.org...

top topics

join