It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Monday May 2, 2011, China's plan.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thanks, LDragonFire.

I've been watching this for quite some time. It seems the recent news about China looking to dump up to 2/3 of its US dollars would be a strong indication that Lombardi's prediction may have some credibility. The US economy is based on debt and trying to get the American public and foreign governments to gobble up that debt. Well, the American public isn't really interested in investing in something with an interest rate that hovers near 0%, while its value is in decline. Foreign governments are seeing their assets' lack of performance and should dump the dollar. This is why China and other countries are stockpiling silver. This is why the average Joe who invested in silver when it was $20 last year has seen over a 100% return. 100% return in one year is amazing! Most people would think 20% was very successful. It's likely that with inflation on the move, due to the depreciation of the dollar, we will see silver to rise even more. Gold will also rise, but silver will move much faster, as it heads toward the historic 16:1 Silver/Gold ratio.

The dollar will collapse. Hyperinflation will explode. It's all a matter of timing. What China does will set the tone for every other country holding American dollars. Keep an eye on what China does.

Also, the Fed is having its first ever press conference this Wednesday at 2:15 PM EDT. You may want to watch this, as it could have huge consequences. I personally think Bernanke will announce QE3, but it may be called something else.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
An infomercial thinly disguised under news that isn't news as anyone who even dabbles in investing has known about the China/Russia trade in mutual currency for a year but go ahead and sign up to be a hedge fund trader and make billions . This is nothing more than a cheap use of the ATS website for commercial reasons while hoping to fly under the radar of the moderators . Sign up for my worthless report , free and i'll charge you for the equally worthless newsletter later . Not sold in store . For a limited time you get not one , but two ShamWows . Offer strictly limited to the first 92 million callers . Ernie made $3,433.00 placing hedge orders in his underware and so can you if you know the secret of other countries trading in their own currency and learn how to place hedge orders .

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Im not interested in his sales pitch, Im interested in his predictions.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

I disagree LDragonFire has been a member here for years. He/She is not a spammer.

I firmly believe that LDragonFire is truly only interested in the prediction. As am I.

but I still think the guy(the one making the prediction, Lombardi) is selling snake oil.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
He had me interested until he threw the sales pitch at me. Hate when people try to profit from fear.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Interesting story.. horrible link. I tend to never trust anything that wants me to pay "to survive"

Edit to say: The deals are, imo, just between Russia and China and their bilateral trade, so thus, the decline in the Dollar is completely miniscule and won't even be seen. If it were to spread to other nations, it's concerning.. but China will still have to buy in dollars oil from the ME, and it will still deal in Dollars with the US.

And assuming China decides it doesn't want our dollars and trade collapses.. what's the worst to happen to the US? Our trade deficit declines? We use anti-inflationary methods like reducing the currency base etc?

China holds 2.45 trillion in US assets. The Federal Reserve created nearly 14 trillion in credit, backstops, bailouts and direct injections of liquidity in the span of 2 years. If the Federal Reserve were to scale back it's QE methods by 2 years, it would redact the entire Chinese holdings.

China, imo, isn't that much of a threat. It was rumored that right before Russia fell they attempted to use a massive store of cash reserves and equity assets to tank the US stock exchange, but their entire holdings only accounted for several hours of typical equity exchanges in cash value. China Likewise. They got a lot of cash, but they can't yet exist on their own.. and they hold a lot of US dollars, but in the large scheme of things.. it's really not that much.
edit on 4/25/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It seems us conspiracy peeps are now a target for certain sales pitches.
whats funny is when I was watching it I paused it checked his news sources and found the articles then I wrote the thread with the articles with his presentation, posted it, then continued watching and thats when his sales pitch began, I looked for a youtube video of just the predictions, but no such luck....

I personally don't trust his financial advice.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You may want to look at his track record.
www.profitconfidential.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Sounds similar to the Porter Stansberry doomsday/buy gold sales pitch from a month or so ago.

That being said, if BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) DO get together with Saudi Arabia and other ME oil companies and develop their own base for trading oil (instead of the US dollar), the dollar would likely go in to freefall very quickly. It's already teetering on the edge of the cliff as is, as evidenced by the "rise" in gold, silver, and gas prices (really, the dollar is just worth less, so it takes more dollars to buy the same amount of product).

Looking forward to seeing what, if anything, happens May 2...or May 15...or whenever.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It's already been made public that China and Russia are no longer trading oil in US currency.

The markets barely burped.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fury1984

If I could invest in something it would be this:
future investment or this: future investment

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

No.. no .. and no. Anything that offers "stock picks" etc and then asks you to buy for said pick, or, as most often occurs, an e-mail update listing for new "hot picks" etc are ALL SCAMS. I have spent a lot of time looking into some of the more popular ones, and I can say without a doubt, if it doesn't come from a well known reputable source (ie, inside the game) then it's fake.

The link you posted is a typical "pump and dump" .. "hey buddy, the world's gunna end, but you can profit while it burns! If you send me $50 .. and I'll tell YOU when to buy!" Then, you buy it, wait for the email listing, or use the "hot pick" they have on the site atm (your link's hot pick is a gold mining company) then they buy prior to posting, then their idiot subscribers buy while they sell.. then they profit, and suddenly no one will buy the stock.. leaving you empty handed.

Most of those sites, like the one you linked, are hosted outside of the US, usually in the UK believe it or not.. because the SEC shuts down and fines/arrest the site makers in the US all the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Maybe they should..that way, it help stop or severly slow the NWO and corporations from domination. it will force us here in america, to make USA made again, and keep it within our own then
americans looking out for americans what could be better!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The timing of this does make some sense.

Bernake is giving a press conference on Wednesday where it is widely speculated he will announce QE3.

So they announce this after the weekend and they will be able to point - rightly so - at the stupidity of our continued dollar destruction as an excuse as to why this must be done.

Even if the timing is wrong, have no doubt this is going to happen and soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Game. Set. Match.

I'm not much on stocks either. I would think physical silver is where I would invest, after I had all the essentials (water, water purification, food, seeds, gardening supplies, guns, ammo, fuel, renewable energy of some kind, etc.). Of course, I'm paralyzed by debt and can't do much until that's paid off, however the collapse will come and go by the time that happens.

I do think people can over-prepare on what they have, but not consider what happens if they can't stay where all their stuff is. I think there was an thread where that was discussed not long ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I have never bought a stock, much less taken advice from anyone about stocks. I don't have the $$ to buy his investment tips or invest. I'm thankful I can invest in a tank of gas and groceries. So, I get where you're coming from. I only thought the prediction was interesting.

FYI, here's the whois for his website:

Administrative Contact :
Lombardi Publishing
[email protected]
PO box 428
Kleinberg, ON L0J1C0
CA
Phone: +1 905 856 2022
Fax: +1 905 856 9171

Record expires on 09-Oct-2013
Record created on 09-Oct-2001
Database last updated on 21-Oct-2010

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The Vivos link I gave above included a twilight zone episode called the shelter. It gives a chilling account of what we could face if we are ever faced with the possibility of annihilation. Our desire to survive will override our civility, it seems we attempt to learn and study and discuss the possible end of the world scenarios to give us a advantage. We stock pile and prepare, but never knowing what we are preparing for.

Personally I, like many here am not in a position to prepare financially. So if the end comes, whatever it may look like, I will be forced to survive on my wits and knowledge. There are so many out there attempting to make a buck on what if scenarios they prey and profit on our fears.

We need to dumb it down, we need food, water and shelter to survive, and I feel any adult is capable of providing these things to our families.

The key to survival is to react accordingly to what may come. Another key is to pull together and help each other.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
These meetings were not reported in the US MSN even after the story was leaked by Chinadaily and the story appeared in the Dailymail...

Hi LDragonFire, no offense to you. I assume the above quote is simply paraphrasing a claim made by Mr. Lombardi. A very mainstream Bloomberg Financial actually scooped the China Daily article by almost 3 months.

China, Russia Push Yuan-Ruble Trading to Diminish Dollar Role - Bloomberg September 08, 2010

Sidestepping the U.S. Dollar, a Russian Exchange Will Swap Rubles and Renminbi - New York Times December 14, 2010

I find it hard to believe that Mr. Lombardi doesn't read Bloomberg, and while I realise your interest lies in his prediction, not the promotion, personally I find it hard to divorce the two. I wouldn't put any store in a prediction made by a pitchman using deceptive, sensationalized sales techniques to separate unsophisticated investors from their money.

Didn't listen to the promo, but they typically offer the "opportunity" to invest in a little known company just on the verge of hitting the BIG board in a BIG way, or some obscure, secret trading technique known only to a handful of successful insiders etc...and time is of the essence. They target the vulnerable - the small retail investor, mom & pop, J6P, the elderly. I don't care what their credentials look like, or what business school they attended, I have absolutely no mercy for "The End Is Near" market pimps.

No secret Uncle Buck is on the ropes, but the Forex has had ample time to react to what really amounts to old news.

Yesterdays news about China dumping a couple trillion in currency reserves strikes me another verbal shot across the bow of the Leaky Leena ahead of the FOMC. Signal an end to QE, and get serious about formulating a viable exit strategy Mr. B...or else. When the jawboning ends...the fun begins.

GL

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Very nice find, he claims specifically that these stories didn't run in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

See, Canadian lol.. You'll almost never find one hosted in the US. Actually, for Americans anyways, the best way to know if the information your buying (because financial information can cost money, legitimately) is if the site is hosted in the US, if it's part of the BBB and whether it has good reference.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join