It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exaxtly is left worth fighting for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have been feeling lower and lower recently and have come to the wall of all walls.... when fighting the war against disinfo....what exactly do we have left that is worth fighting for?

Life amongst fellow humans is not only a sham, but a pain in the butt if ur lucky.....earth is polluted to the point of no return in our lifetime.... the dumb are getting dumber....the poor are getting poorer....the rich are getting richer..... Propaganda is more visible than truth could ever aspire to be.... it’s like we are reaching an age where even the illuminated are caught into the web of their own lies....

Honestly....can anyone assure me that ignorance isn’t the best way forward?

Where does one post this - mods move it where u will??? Why am I still here reading topic after topic? Is Ats confusing you more than it is supposed to be enlightening us???

We are fighting a losing battle, and pretending otherwise, we are outnumbered. PERIOD! Truth has died and left us....

Lies, deceit and evil reigns....a blind man cannot win at chess!

I think the dark side has won.... we are left pulling the last strings.....while the puppet is controlling the puppet masters......

edit on 4/25/2011 by corvin77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You fight for family, dignity, friends, pride, sanity, equality, love, liberty, joy, freedom...and your absolute right to all of them.

Need I say more?

You fight because the only other choice is to lie down...and that ain't an option!

edit on 25-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Namaste! Why are you so sad? Have you no happiness in your life?! You have stirred my emotions and I'm left a bit confused. I can see you are in toil... Did you know that toil is backed by love and hope? It is when man is in toil that he is actually at his happiest!

Saalome,
An

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It is still worth fighting for. You know there are people out there resisting. If nothing else fight with them and for them. Let me offer you this the light shine's brightest when it is the most dark.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Men cannot stop the sun rising.

Go outside and take comfort in the fact that us mere mortals can't change the elements.

Enjoy nature. Breath the air, feel the sun and relax in the wind.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

I fight just for fun! Met most of my closest friends that way!

The intangibles. That is the only thing worth fighting for. Honor, Pride, Ideals, Morals. I would fight for the people I love, I would fight just to know I still can.

Fighting isn't a bad thing. All of life is a struggle. It is kind of like pain. I LOVE my pain, because as long as I am hurting, I know I am still in the fight. Embrace the pain, don't get so low that indifference sets in. Indifference is the real evil.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Honesty, life is what you make of it. Be true to yourself and what you know to be right and just. Follow the golden rule, lead by example and others will follow. Be kind and courteous to everyone that you meet even though you may not get the same in return. Change is not instant, it is gradual, and it starts from within yourself.

Fight for innocence, for those children, our progeny who are our future. Fight so that they won't be corrupted, and broken by this harsh world. With every breath you take, try to change that world for the better.Fight for humanity for even though it has its flaws, it is beautiful. Life is what is worth fighting for. We are here on this Earth to live. Live for one another. We are all a part in the whole that is our earthly ecosystem. There is war, there is hate, there is conspiracy and greed, but if we all, each one of us, live like I had advised in the first paragraph, well folks, that's the start of the revolution. It doesn't start with guns or bloodshed, but a change in each of us, our attitudes towards one another. It's all about how we treat each other. If we band together and get along, we will be stronger than any force. United we stand, divided we fall. It all starts with Y-O-U.

Live for the advancement of the human race. That's what (insert here) has built us for. We have reproductive organs, and we have our morality and free will. Use those tools to give birth to offspring that are good and will grow to be good people, for the advancement of our society. Lead by example in this regard too. It isn't the government's/FCC's/MPAA's responsibility to dictate what is good and bad for your kids to watch, it rests on your shoulders.

TL;DR: fight for life! We can all make the world a better place by how we interact with each other.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Crunkman919 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by Crunkman919 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

i say the same thing every day, this world isnt worth life anymore, theres nothing to look forward to except atrocities,were all waiting around to die, the culture is dog spit,people are cold and fake to one another, the cons far outweigh the pros, just sit back with some cold ones,vikes and buds and ride the rest home

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Cheer up young person; you’ll be all right, if truth is in your heart you will always succeed in the end.

Giving up is not an option no matter how bad it gets. As human beings we must always be conscious and vigilant in the battle against ignorance. To give up on this battle is to relinquish hope and to give in to despair.

One doesn’t always have to fight against ignorance directly. Often when we do combat ignorance one gets weary. I advise when that occurs, like you seem to be exhibiting; then one might try fighting ignorance passively by seeking more truth, or more refined levels of it, and applying it to our own lives. Doing that increases our own attributes and ability to serve the cause of truth.

Be strong!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

Then why don;t you say to yourself lets push for a renaissance, lets get a cultural change going.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
thx all....ur posts have inspired me :-) i guess we all get so caught up in our immediate surroundings, that we forget the greater collective!

I think ill take some time out and enjoy mother nature....she has a way with me!

Im just feel so out of love right now :-((

Thx again :-))

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

"Honestly....can anyone assure me that ignorance isn’t the best way forward?"

No, I cannot assure you of that. Sometimes ignorance is surely bliss. The not knowing means not having any real reason to care, not having any real reason to feel uncomfortable, cuz who wants that? Who wants that niggling feeling of conscious on their shoulder, after all? Not me, not really; but I'm not a coward and I refuse to be blind. But I completely understand where you're coming from, I really do and most of us feel the same as you do at some point or another.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why fight when you can love?

Once we all get this mindset - we're done!

Can that happen? Hopefully.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You ask "What exaxtly is left worth fighting for"?
There is quite abit out there.
But i will say that if you have nothing left to live for and lack purpose, find something worth dying for.
This may change your view.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77
I have been feeling lower and lower recently and have come to the wall of all walls.... when fighting the war against disinfo....what exactly do we have left that is worth fighting for?

Life amongst fellow humans is not only a sham, but a pain in the butt if ur lucky... . the dumb are getting dumber....the poor are getting poorer....the rich are getting richer..... Propaganda is more visible than truth could ever aspire to be....

Honestly....can anyone assure me that ignorance isn’t the best way forward?

We are fighting a losing battle, and pretending otherwise, we are outnumbered. PERIOD! Truth has died and left us....

Lies, deceit and evil reigns....a blind man cannot win at chess!

I think the dark side has won....

300 million people all alone
with their TV and PC.
Now that's divide and conquer.

Alone there is nothing left
fighting for.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The not knowing means not having any real reason to care, not having any real reason to feel uncomfortable, cuz who wants that?
reply to post by queenofsheba

When you don;t care you don;t have compassion and when your compassionless.. Well you can see where this is going.. Well maybe not since you wanna live in ignorance. (I bet the queen of sheba had compassion)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Everyone's differrent, find out for yourself. For me i'm not really sure anymore? Life seems to just coast by and I don't get any satisfaction out of it. I haven't lost all hope, but it's hard to find some.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Sometimes you will have your downs but sometimes thats up.

When was the last time you literally stopped and smelled the roses?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

What exaxtly is left worth fighting for?

The fact that you didn't use a spell checker tells me that you are quite human. The existential dilemma is a tough one.. even the top philosophers are baffled.. on the other side is dogmatism of "don't worry, be happy".

I'd do this. Take a review of your life. I mean a piece of paper and sketch out every significant event that happened to you. Keep it private to yourself. Listen to some really good music that YOU like. Sit down and contemplate and the map of your life might show you where you are going.

You might even get more sad if you are heading in scary direction but that's ok. It means that you have sighted a possible future. What you do next is up to you.

Some individuals feel the need to be constantly do-ing some-thing. Other individuals are not so obsessed. The mere act of reviewing your life, in gritty details, all of those special events in life that changed you, influenced you and directed you... you will find...

There is a purpose to your life, there really is... but it is only you who can outline that purpose. Don't let anybody tell you what your purpose is because then you will fast feel sad and out of touch and you will suffer in the existential dilemma.

edit on 4/26/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: edits

new topics

top topics

join