It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado Watch 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I live NE of Beebe, we had one tornado about 5 miles south of us in Mcrae. We lost power for about 15 hours. My dad lives on the west side of Vilonia. Between Vilonia and Beryl. He said that the edge hit his subdivision, but didnt do much damage, across the road is a different story. He was lucky.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We will be in the shooting gallery again today as another series of what is said to be even more powerful storms takes a run at us today. I guess the upside ( if there is one ) is that the chance of tornadoes is going to be more spotty and localized as opposed to everywhere all at once, like it was yesterday, but that theory remains to be seen.

Stay safe everyone. And as was said before, I would suggest sticking with KARK for weather news as those guys are top shelf when it comes to keeping up on the storm, they are always spot on with funnel spottings,touchdowns and keeping everyone posted for as long as it takes. If you lose the tv signal they also stream on www.arkansasmatters.com as well as all the statewide clearchannel stations.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

Looks like todays events will be more south then the North. But still hitting Central. i am on the line between moderate and high.

I agree, KARK does the best job, they also,imo, have the best radar system. The only thing i have a problem with is Mike Francis always talking about the golf courses. I understand he uses them as reference points for people living there, but when he starts telling people what tournements are held at which golf course...he could have used that time to tell people to take shelter.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Looks like a lot of us are under storm and tornado watches
again today. I am in N Indiana and our Torcon for today is 5.
Presently the winds are gusting and cloudy with the sun
peaking out to fuel the storms now and then. Stay safe
everyone. Thanks for this thread as we all need to
stay tuned to what is going on and we can do this
together.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well it looks like they are expecting the storms to continue this week. I've seen several "special statements" concerning tomorrow (Weds, April 27 2011).

I was first alerted to the NWS statement for the Tennessee Valley regarding tomorrow on Monday. It sounded ominous.

WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY
A STRONG COLD FRONT WITH A STRONG WIND FIELD WILL MOVE ACROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY ON WEDNESDAY...BRINGING THE POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT OUTBREAK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THERE WILL BE THE POTENTIAL FOR WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS...VERY LARGE HAIL...HEAVY RAINFALL...AND TORNADOES. IN ADDITION...THERE WILL BE THE POTENTIAL FOR STRONG AND LONG-TRACK TORNADOES.
source

Long-track tornadoes? Yeah, I don't like the sound of that.

Here is a link to an AccuWeather report for today (April 26, 2011) and includes information for tomorrow also.

Cities at high risk this afternoon into tonight include Dallas and Tyler, Texas, Broken Bow, Okla., Little Rock, Ark., Shreveport, La., Batesville, Miss., and Memphis, Tenn.

The threat Wednesday includes Meridian, Miss., Birmingham and Huntsville, Ala., and Nashville and Knoxville, Tenn. There is concern that some of the tornadoes today into Wednesday will be strong (EF3 tornado ranking or higher) and long-tracking.

These types of tornadoes have the potential to produce damage similar to what was endured at St. Louis' Lambert Field on Friday evening or across North Carolina two Saturdays ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you for that update. I live in the Huntsville/Madison AL area and this was great information to have. Pfft...I'll be at work no matter how bad it gets >.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
And so it begins....Earlier than it started yesterday!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Right outside Memphis, here and accounted for. Fayette County

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I can already hear thunder rumbling in White County.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

Storm Spotter just reported large tornado on the ground. Near Star City Arkansas! 4:59 pm Central Time

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here we go again.
Alerts for Arkansas, KARK TV Facebook page:
Greg Dee
Tornado warning for Conway, Perry and Saline counties until 5:45pm Brett Cummins Meteorologist
3 minutes ago ·

KARK 4 News
Possible tornado moving toward Palestine in St. Francis County. Also moving toward Forrest City. Take cover now.
3 minutes ago ·

KARK 4 News
Tornado emergency for Star City, Varner & Grady. Take cover now!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hail- pea sized in Fayette County, TN loud thunder

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is a tornado forcast to be in my area in 5 minutes...north Shelby Co in Millington.....thankfully I got home just in time, prayers for all of us...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Tornado warnings all over Memphis:
www.wmctv.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It seems as if all hell is breaking lose in Memphis. The funnel cloud passed us by but didn't touch down here but the weather was insane for about 20 minutes. There are so many other areas around Memphis under the gun right now. And unfortunately, we are also being threated with flooding due to the high Mississippi river level being over flood stage and local rivers overflowing their banks. It's just a mess out there.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
sorry op
mod please remove
edit on 26-4-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Keep a TV or weather radio on if you are in the path of any of these storms. They can change quickly and become very dangerous rapidly. Stay safe and God Bless any that are in the paths of them.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I'm also keeping my laptop charged up in case the electricity goes out, and can tether my laptop to my phone for internet. The news channels all have an internet feed so residents can keep up with the latest developments. It's going to be a long night for all of us.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live in NE KY we got hit hard last week but lucked out with every tornado warning being just 70-80 mph straight line winds. Now this week we have gotten nothing while down in the W and SW states get destroyed. I am sorry for any loss of life and wish you all the luck I can give. I also hope nobody else is lost in this strong storm outbreak.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Had a series of super cells move through Eastern and Central Texas, in this weather blog you can see a picture of a nasty bugger near the town of Mabank, near Gun Barrel city TX. www.wfaa.com... A series of eight and counting Tornadic Super Cells whipped through Eastern Texas, and more in Central TX including one near Waco. There are multiple reports of damage as well as a few injuries but thankfully no deaths. The storms are moving East at present and South. There are still some Tornado warnings in my general area. Gonna be a long night all of you in the path of these storms don't be stupid take shelter please, this is an extremely dangerous situation.
edit on 4/26/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join