It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado Watch 2011

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Tornado warning here in Natrona County, Wyoming. Funnel clouds spotted. The cloud rotation is spectacular! They're calling for possible "training" of storms for the next several hours so we may not be done for the night yet.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you are under a warning in your area, take cover.
Thanks for the info will take a look at Stormpulse.com

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Prayers are with our SusanFrey from the "Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas" thread and all involved in this severe weather

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Tornado warning sirens been going off here for an hour in Louisville ,Kentucky from a surprise storm.

Looks like it hit Churchill Downs,home of the Kentucky Derby.
I saw a few funnel clouds come down and go back up before it hit there.
I live about 3 miles from there.
Caught the weather guys off guard.
Very unusual .

TORNADO WARNING FOR NORTHEASTERN JEFFERSON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY AND SOUTHERN OLDHAM COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY UNTIL 845 PM EDT. AT 824 PM EDT, NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS TRACKING A CONFIRMED TORNADO NEAR ST. MATTHEWS...MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH. THE TORNADO WILL ALSO IMPACT... ST. MATTHEWS... LYNDON... ANCHORAGE... MIDDLETOWN... ORCHARD GRASS HILLS... FLOYDSBURG AND PEWEE VALLEY... A TORNADO HAS BEEN CONFIRMED! TAKE COVER IN A STURDY BUILDING NOW. MOBILE HOMES AND VEHICLES ARE NOT SAFE.

www.wave3.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This thing came out of nowhere.
My wife and I where starting to watch Falling Skies on my DVR and a tornado warning
flashed across the screen and the sirens went off.
I was like,WTF???
I went outside and saw the first funnel come down,then go up and then a second funnel came down.
It was just a little storm cloud coming through with a possibility of rain.
They had weather guys coming in from where ever they where going"This was a total surprise".
Sirens are still going off but I'm safe,I think.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks for letting us know about the storm - my family
is in Ky but far enough away from Louisville, hope
it doesn't go south east. Here in N Indiana we keep
getting warnings off and on the past couple of days,
nothing significant in my area right now but I keep
a check on the radar. Stay safe.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Thanks for letting us know about the storm - my family
is in Ky but far enough away from Louisville, hope
it doesn't go south east. Here in N Indiana we keep
getting warnings off and on the past couple of days,
nothing significant in my area right now but I keep
a check on the radar. Stay safe.

Thank you,crazydaisy,
all seems too be ok for now.
But my freaking basement just started flooding!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Tornado hit 13km north of where I live 3 hours ago.
www.stuff.co.nz...

Been really strong winds all day 130km+ (not that unusual to get 100-120km/hr winds here on the coast) heavy downpours of rain that gets blown horizontally and thunder and lightening too

Some golf ball sized hail on the other side of the Tararua Mt's.

Waterspouts not that unusual in our area, have seen 3 in 16 years, lost some roof tiles in one of them and in one other seen someone elses roof tiles flying through the air 100ft hgh from our window, but this is quite a few km inland from the sea.

Is dark here now, expect there will be more pictures tommorrow of the devestation in the MSM.

Wind Warning continues over night

Wellington, Marlborough and Canterbury
FORECAST
Severe northwesterly gales have become established through these areas this morning. Expect northwest gales of 70 km/h in exposed places, with gusts 130 km/h. Gales are expected to ease later Sunday morning.

www.metservice.com...
edit on 9-7-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have been quite a lurker on this, and other threads before I decided to make an account. I've seen many posts about Western and US (Well except that New Zealand one) about Funnel Clouds, Supercells and tornadoes. I decided to throw in something of my own, but this time from Russia. Russia may not be known for its frequent tornadoes, but they happen. And they can get violent (Look up that (E?)F5 category tornado in Yaroslavl in 1984 source en.wikipedia.org... )

My contribution to this is that there was a possible supercellular EF0 tornado formed from a rather green cloud cell near the village of Domodedovo (Moscow Region, Russia). www.youtube.com... The video provided is shot in HD, but sadly the contrast is a bit off. Though how often do you see a Russian green supercell cloud and a tornado shot in High Definition? What do you all think of that I wonder? And with that post I do hope other persons all around the world will contribute with their discussion of the event and other events from their countries. Is Moscow with it's island of heat attracting severe weather? Is Russia generally in for an increase of supercells and tornadoes on it's vast territory?

The video sparked a heavy discussion in the local meteoforum. There government people from the Ministery of Emergency Situations rebuked it to be at best a very weak gustnado and at worst our imagination. Perhaps they would cover up the fact, perhaps their non doppler weather radar broke down (there's only one government owned weather non doppler radar to cover the Moscow area. The rest are all in private hands with no access to the data.)

And with that I wish to bid everyone a great day.

From Russia with love (sorry couldn't resist)
edit on 18-7-2011 by RumET because: Added how Russian enthusiast Meteorologists reacted on the issue.

edit on 18/7/2011 by RumET because: Spellchecking, spellchecking, spellchecking...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And today Blagoveschensk on the border to Heihe, China had a tornado of what seems to be EF2 intensity. It was rather damaging and went through the middle of a rather large town if not to say city. There are two videos about it, and the funnel looks rather violent.
One person persished and another twenty seven were wounded. There seem to be a lot of debris, but luckily Russia doesn't use motorhomes. Mostly brick and concrete buildings. If we had shabbier buildings as they have in the warm parts of the USA I am sure the death toll would have been greater. But then again the shingled roofs and the lousy old constructionwork adds to the deadly debris cloud. You can all look for yourself.
www.youtube.com... That is video number one. You can see the funnel and debris clouds. And here is the action up close with video number two www.vesti.ru...

Cheers from stormy Russia
edit on 31/7/2011 by RumET because: Better wording

edit on 31/7/2011 by RumET because: Increased the amount of wounded

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
hey folks just gotta say ive never seen a show depict why i laugh at the preppers and 2012 when bad comes it will be BAD not manageable basic survival is RUN with gun fishing pole and crossbow or just bow lots of bullets and leave early dont try and stick it out after watching this show i pray for revolution or economic collapse lol

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
According to this report, there is a tornado warning now (spawned from Irene):

The National Weather Service in Newport has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
northern Tyrrell County in eastern North Carolina

* until 1215 am EDT

* at 1141 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a
tornado over Alligator... or 16 miles west of Manns Harbor... moving
west at 45 mph.

* Locations impacted include...
levels... Newfoundland...
Columbia...
Woodley...

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

Take cover now. Move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
sturdy building. Avoid windows. If in a Mobile home... vehicle or
outdoors... move to the closest substantial shelter. If no shelter is
available lie down in a low lying area. Protect yourself from flying
debris.

Nighttime tornadoes are extremely dangerous as they are difficult to
see. Take cover now. Do not seek visual confirmation.

Heavy rainfall may hide this tornado making it difficult to see. Do
not wait to see or hear the tornado. Take cover now.

Please report severe weather to the nearest law enforcement agency
and ask them to relay your report to the National Weather Service
forecast office in Newport.

Please report severe weather to the National Weather Service by
calling... 1... 8 0 0... 8 8 9... 6 8 8 9 or notify your local law
enforcement agency.

A Tornado Watch remains in effect until 500 am EDT Saturday morning
for eastern North Carolina.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

I am so sorry, I did not see your post on this thread praying for our safety until now. I usually stay on the Arkansas thread and the quake info threads. I thank you for your prayers and thoughts and pray that everyone in the hurricane's path stays safe and I am now praying for the east coast. Have gone through several hurricanes and I know the destruction they can bring.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

you have such a...unique profile image, good sir. I simply had to say that. I enjoy the distorted reality theme, but the pink tone makes it reminiscent of something in utero.

Maybe it's just me but yeah, well done! It's unsettling!

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join