It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Here is my problem with your point of view. I am a Republican, I am also a John Bircher, and do not need to feel ‘accepted’, I am just a realist. Fact is we have two parties, always have and always will, accept it or give up. If you are seeking reformer it is always best to reform the insides of the structure than run abandon it altogether.

Do I agree with even half of the GOP policies? Nope. I think they have given up on limited government individualism and defense of Western civilization for the political status quo. They say what needs to be said to get them into office then act just like any other beltway politician. I don’t agree with John Bohner, Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor, or any of the party leadership.

So why do I stay with the party? Because its philosophical foundation is what I hold dear, I believe in what was and what can be. It’s always easier to declare “mission failed” and walk away, but I am here for the long haul. Leaving the party will do one thing; lock your ideas out of politics. That is the result of leaving whichever party you lean towards. Independents are ignored, simple as that. So if you want your ideas heard you must be within one of the two parties so you, en masse with others, can change the policies of said party.

We have open primaries where anyone can run, no one is appointed in a primary. Anyone can insert their ideas into a party using the primary process. No one is going to hear you if your candidacy is Independent… unless you are filthy rich.

So call me whatever you want but I consider myself a realist and seek reform. Only way to reform the system is from within unless you want to change the Constitution to eliminate the electoral college, which I don’t.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Only candidate worth a darn. He deserves an army to support his revolution and if he asks for one, I'll enlist. Donations and a volunteer incoming!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

He comes across as genuine but how do you truly know? Nobody can read his mind and say 100% he actually believes what he says!

How do we truly know? Look back over the 30 years at his record. You wont find anywhere that he said one thing and voted the other. Ron Paul has proven himself in all those years as a man who sticks to his principles and doesnt back down because of his beliefs being unpopular with how the Elite want to do things.

Ron Paul is truly the last honest man in DC..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You make a very clear point-of-view...thumb up to that.....I concur for the most part, except when you mention "reform from within".......That's a very difficult task even more difficult than eliminating the whole thing and make a new one because it is all depend on each individual's creed.....sure right now everyone wants to reform, change, uphold democracy, and so on and so for. But the problem is what would you do when you get there.....making deals, gaining wealth, becoming more prestige, blend in with the system OR care about what you said when you were younger and try to uphold your principles -become an outcast in your own party- .... What would you do once you get there ? is a pretty damn hard question in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

There is thing take YEARS for the making.......I dont really trust any politician nowadays, BUT he will get my vote.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It is true
Here is a him on the View just yesterday talking about issues, he is also on the Colbert Report tonight!
He may announce in the Colbert Report!

I have ordered his new book "Liberty Defined"
www.businessinsider.com...

The above is an interesting review

GO RON!!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fccba49486af.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This man has become much more popular over the last for years, thankfully. I truly hope he continues to go through with this, America needs to be shown what he stands for - and I think they will come the May 5th debate.

I've done my best spreading info about Sen. Paul, now I am crossing my fingers that the MSM gives him a fair share of the spotlight during the election.

Demand change.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konah
This man has become much more popular over the last for years, thankfully.

He has become incredibly more popular
Look at this, #1 most popular Politicians:
www.time.com...

However, too many people think that universal healthcare is important, this is a massive obstacle

Originally posted by Konah
Demand change.

Change must happen with the people first and I think that's what he's focusing on

Another interview today

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The pictures that will haunt him. Oh wait the 5 minute hollywood movie scene that will haunt him.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can't stand those hens. Whoopi is so predictable as well.

I'm glad the media isn't taking dumps on him at full force yet. Is there any chance he'll have any major media outlet backing him? That's really what wins elections. If he can't get backed any of the networks from either side of the spectrum, he's screwed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If true, he just made my election.

Get Jesse on board and let the Revolution move full speed ahead.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

To be fair, I think national healthcare could be done properly if the corporate shills were excluded from the debate. View the documentary "Frontline: Obamas Dream" sometime. It displays the threats and scheming of the corporations in American politics quite well.

One of the things I respect RP for most is willingness to speak about the theft of American wealth and the manipulation of political goals, carried out by corporations run amok.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

I'd be looking for Breitbart to have his back.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I can't wait, I hope he's gonna announce he is running.

We need him, he's the only politician who makes any sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
He'll end the wars and all the military involvement around the world, bring the troops home, end the drug war (and by default an end to the prison industrial complex), and will hopefully get rid of the Corporation that owns our money supply and return it to the people to control. Well if it's between Obama, Trump, Romney, Huckabee, et al. Paul would have my vote. Although I don't agree with him on everything (for example I think corporations would run amok if we just deferred everything to the "market")...however, the things I listed above, are issues I care enough about that he would have my support over the other guys.

The sad thing is, if he ever got elected, I'd be seriously worried that they'd target him for assassination a la Kennedy.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Go Ron Paul!! I'm excited he is going to run again...I think instead of thinking he has zero chance at winning we should all be doing our part to make sure he does win..convince our friends, people on facebook, people we work with...that he is the right choice. He can pull big money and he proved that in the 2008 election. I think he was late in building up steam in 2008, this time I feel like he is getting off to a much better start and has momentum behind him. There has been a lot of effort from groups like Campaign for Liberty.

I thought he did an excellent job on the View. Even people like Whoopie are realizing that we can't run a welfare state, if we continue on our current path it will bankrupt us..well it already has really... He needs to keep stressing the points he made like back when he was a doctor working in a private (catholic) hospital..they didn't turn people away...they took care of them and charged them as little as they could, unlike today where you are automatically put on welfare and charged the most. The fact that he is not ostracized on shows like that anymore tells me how dire our situation is, and that people even in showbiz are worried about our current state.

If RP is ever going to win, 2012 is his year. He has the failed 'change' that Obama never delivered on and all the failed policy that he can say..'i told you so' on. So instead of reserving ourselves to, it can't happen. Lets make it happen.
edit on 4/26/2011 by toepick because: formating and such

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Woo-hoo! I'd love to see a Ron Paul and Ventura team. How awesome would that be? They'd get my vote.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
People need to be watching the media very closely this time around.... God only knows how much of our tax dollars are going to go to smearing his name again.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
He's another politician in the same game, but I like him the most.
He has my vote.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well it seems this morning he announced that he is not running. Seems the 2012 election will be a contest of devils once again. Pardon my cynicism but we are pretty much F#$KED now. IMO of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join