It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+89 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Source

I don't agree with everything Ron Paul stands for but at least am satiated that he stands for the most part in lockstep with the Constitution.

In my personal opinion, he is our last hope for a POTUS that actually stands for what remains of our tattered Constitution. He is our last chance at a peaceful means for restoration of our long lost Republic.

Why he clings to the Rethuglican party escapes me but I guess it is beyond my pay grade to question such.
edit on 25-4-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If I were an american citizen, i'd vote for him.
Between Obama, Ron Paul and Trump, Ron Paul ftw

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
He runs as a Republican because it is a wider platform to express his views. He said himself that parties are irrelevant (the only party should be the constitution party), and when he ran in 1988 as an independent he was ostracized. The only reason people know who he is, is because he ran as a Republican in 2008. Personally I thought he should have switched to independent after he gained fame as a Republican, but he didn't. He's one of those stubborn old mules that won't let you forget that he is what Republicans originally represented. Just because some neo cons stole the good name of REPUBLIC-an doesn't mean he's gonna back down. If anything you have to respect him for holding his ground and refusing to be bullied out of his territory and not changing his views. He's the same man everyday of the week for 30+ years.
edit on 25-4-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I would stand in line 12 hours at a time to vote more than once for him. Too bad we can only vote once, thing is, I just don't know if TPTB will allow him legitimacy as he is a severe threat to the global elite, then again, we could all be getting duped and he could fit the bill for the anti christ lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've given up hope for an honorable man to be president but if there is one he may be it. I agree with him on many issues and not on others. Obama failed comletely, Bush ruined America and other than Ron I see know one else we can trust. I hope my fellow mindless minions will pay attention this year and really understand the people they vote for rather than just voting for a party.

Ron Paul at least may do what he says he would do.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Any other sources for this? I'm not seeing it mentioned on his personal website.

ETA: I just re-read the article and it says Ron Paul will announce tomorrow (Tuesday). So, tomorrow, free beer and cake when it becomes official!!

edit on 25-4-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is probably the only man that brings any hope at all to me of solving some of this country's deep rooted problems with the fed and military spending long WAY out of control. Bring all troops home, and protect our borders. He's been saying it since day 1. Stay out of other country's business. Non-interventionalist policy. Less government. Sensible spending.

STOP THE GOVERNMENT FROM MICRO MANAGING OUR DAILY LIVES RON PAUL- thanks!

Bonez, it's on Drudge!
www.drudgereport.com...
edit on Mon Apr 25th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Poor Ronnie he's not afraid to lose i'll give him that anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

I would stand in line 12 hours at a time to vote more than once for him. Too bad we can only vote once, thing is, I just don't know if TPTB will allow him legitimacy as he is a severe threat to the global elite, then again, we could all be getting duped and he could fit the bill for the anti christ lol.

I too would stand in a long line to vote once for him. I'd prefer he not have one of the current "party" names associated with his name but would vote for him nonetheless.

I've followed both parties for quite some time and believe he has chosen the lesser evil of the two.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Any other sources for this? I'm not seeing it mentioned on his personal website.

Unfortunately, this is all I can present. Should it be deemed inaccurate, my apologies.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

For all those who wonder why Ron Paul doesn’t just leave the GOP it is a simple. He is probably from a very Republican family and wants to keep his roots. Why leave the party because newcomers from the left decided they want to hijack it because they have the money to do so? He is holding strong to his party for what it once was, just as he holds true to his values now.

Ron Paul is an Old Right Republican. If you do not know what that means please, read here: Link

All I have to say now is… RON PAUL 2012!!!!! END THE FED!!!!! BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!!! SAVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I will do whatever I can in my personal power to get him elected. I know this isn't "definitive," but just hearing the words "Ron Paul" and "Launching Presidential Campaign" literally made me... elated. Proud, even.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Bonez, it's on Drudge!

Thanks, TA, but Drudge is using the same source as the OP of this thread. Forgive me if I hold back my elatement until I see something a little more credible from, say, Ron Paul's own website.

ETA: I just re-read the article and it says Ron Paul will announce tomorrow (Tuesday). So, tomorrow, free beer and cake when it becomes official!

edit on 25-4-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
He's got my vote.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Great news !

Where are the Ron Paul 2012 bumper stickers !

This man is the only one I see truly trying to protect the constitution . The rest just talk about it and not really care about it .

I am concerned with he is not one of the status qua guys so he will be hit hard by the media and all the rest.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Hmmm Ron Paul. Speaking as an outsider anytime someone like him runs for public office is a great win for democracy and freedom of speech (something Middle Easterners are starting to like and want). I personally think he is a "Fruit Loop" but it is every bodies right under a democracy to say what they want. There is not a chance in hell he will be the next president ...... zero. He comes across as genuine but how do you truly know? Nobody can read his mind and say 100% he actually believes what he says!

The man is going to make big money from the "Conspiracy Industry" and its supporters and I say good luck and well done to him. After all he would not be the first politician to make a career out of a failed election campaign!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

For all those who wonder why Ron Paul doesn’t just leave the GOP it is a simple. He is probably from a very Republican family and wants to keep his roots. Why leave the party because newcomers from the left decided they want to hijack it because they have the money to do so? He is holding strong to his party for what it once was, just as he holds true to his values now.

Ron Paul is an Old Right Republican. If you do not know what that means please, read here: Link

All I have to say now is… RON PAUL 2012!!!!! END THE FED!!!!! BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!!! SAVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

As one grows older and hopefully wiser, one has to realize that a former affiliation can be a detriment. I have no love for the GOP nor for the Demoncrats. I see both parties with the same goal but with different means to achieve their goals.

I can join the Hell's Angels or I can join the Desperados. I get colors either way and then have to do as I'm instructed by the club(s). I prefer to ride without either telling me what to do and I would hope that others realizing the same would do likewise.

Sure, we all have a tendency to flock to a group and hope for acceptance but sometimes we just have to tell 'em all to go to hell and do what we feel is right regardless of the outcome.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ron Paul! There's a man I deeply respect. He's the same guy now as he was thirty years ago. Every time he speaks, he says it like it is, even if it means not everyone will agree with it. He's what all politicians should strive to be.

Ron Paul 2012! Make it so!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
After working my tail off in 2008 for the good doctor I am very excited to see the good news!

However, the fact of the matter is that if people want to see the message of liberty make it all the way to the white house we have a tough road in front of us.

The only advice I can give the people who want to be involved: BECOME A DELEGATE IN YOUR STATE

Even then.....The conventions are a horrid site and event to behold. We were railroaded and we were hundreds strong.

Buckle up and get involved. It is "our" only chance!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I would stand in line 12 hours at a time to vote more than once for him

The Democrats are recruiting people like you. They may even throw in a gift certificate to Mickey D's for your efforts.

While Paul is an interesting candidate, realistically he has less than zero of a chance of winning. He can't raise the dough kids. The grass -root dream is just that....A Dream.

You'll need 800 million to 1 Billion to make a serious run.

Becker

Oh Yeah.... Romney 51.5% - Obama 47.2%

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join