It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just found this picture in the legacies of my dead grandpa.

"oktober 1947" is written on the back of the photo, and the church is obviously the Cologne-Cathedral (Germany),
but for the rest i´m not shure.
What do you think?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
sorry the link doesnt work so i cant comment.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
id say the pic is real yet it could be a propaganda pic with some sort of artillery shell coursing through the sky of germany using the cathedral so people would know what countryits in, it could of been big ben for england or the lady liberty for the states....cool picture tho

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

That streak of light do look odd but being as that my only thought is that it looks like an elongated squid, I do not think I can offer any helpful comments!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Vorlon Dreadnaught....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Welcome.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
After the end of WWII the US Military put a number of air streamers onto the tops of the highest buildings and they were lit at night and this looks like one but check with the air foirce to see if that local was one of them if not it may have been for some sort of Octoberfest activity going on.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Certainly looks like a webcam grab and shopped...

www.tineye.com...

edit on 25-4-2011 by snowman9364 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
is what real?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curling1
After the end of WWII the US Military put a number of air streamers onto the tops of the highest buildings and they were lit at night and this looks like one but check with the air foirce to see if that local was one of them if not it may have been for some sort of Octoberfest activity going on.

This above is referring to the "Berlin Airlift" that the allies used to supply West Berlin with everything from potatoes to coal when the Soviets blocked access after the war and they brought the Iron Curtain into play.

However, the image taken with a camera of that day could easily be a double exposure, one of the church and another taken of one a night-time C-47 coming into Berlin with a load. It must have been a timed exposure since it was at night so that could perhaps be the explanation. I suggest that it is an interesting image but nothing phenomenal.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Friedel
I just found this picture in the legacies of my dead grandpa.

"oktober 1947" is written on the back of the photo, and the church is obviously the Cologne-Cathedral (Germany),
but for the rest i´m not shure.
What do you think?

I believe not, how much has the city changed since "oktober 1947"? here it is compared to one from 2010/09/19:

edit on 25-4-2011 by Kaifan because: 2011 to 2010
i came from the future sorry

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The tall building in the background is the Koln Triangle, completed in 2006.

Perhaps you need some more Photoshop lessons.

top topics

join