It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have a new name; "Freedom Fundamentalists"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have just coined this expression from a BBC news article, entitled "Is the web waging war on super-injunctions?" by BBC Reporter Alex Hudson.

The article can be found here in full Is the web waging war on super-injunctions?

"Two sides are battling to determine the world's future. On one side, the freedom fundamentalists and democracy campaigners; on the other governments, authoritarians and the military."

Wow! Reading between the lines here, if we are to agree with the reporter's view, we have a clash between "freedom fundamentalists" who are "democracy campaigners" and "governments" that are "authoritarians" and "millitary". Also, notice the "fundamentalist" word, which we have seen the presumed negative conotations applied before to Islamic "fundamentalists". Since when has the notion of freedom been so described?

A polarising of people yet again. Next we will be labelled as terrorists, those who believe in freedom will be counted as subversives, who oppose the "authoritarians" and "governments".

Man, how those word of Mr G W Bush still haunt me;

"You are either with us or against us".

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by houseoftheangels

We are proud

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
hahahaha, "freedom fundamentalist" good joke bro, still believing that BS we are freedom?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's the same trick all tyrants use. That is to label their enemies "terrorists".

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah and I am a militant pacifist

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You rebel scum.
Your Anonymous is NO match for the Authoritarian Empire.
Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Emperor Obama Internet Killswitch!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e43013b91535.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"Freedom Fundamentalist"

I like it! I think I will make that my next tattoo!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I abhor titles.

However, for the meantime, I will call myself a "Freedom Fundamentalist" because the two word combined aptly describe me.

And if TPTB don't cut the crap, I will become an extremist Militant Freedom Fundamentalist".

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That's the TRUE TEXAN SPIRIT I love and admire so much!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by houseoftheangels

Yeah...well most of us admire the tenacity that was once known to describe the British people. Like Britain, America has become a wasted shadow of its former self.

Just keep that tenacious spirit alive, until it comes time to put it back into use.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
It's the same trick all tyrants use. That is to label their enemies "terrorists".

You said the whole truth in so few words.
Star and Regards, Iwinder

top topics

join