It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Our Sun Just Experience A Physical Pole Shift or....? Rotating Opposite Direction Now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I want to start off by saying that I'm still on the fence with this one. If I had to make a knee-jerk educated guess, it appears as though SOHO has repositioned it's lens 180 degrees. The other scenario is stated in the thread title.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

To view what I'm talking about follow these simple steps:

-goto This Link
-Select the EIT171 camera
-enter date range from 2011-04-20 to 2011-04-26
-watch carefully

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31043069bc5a.jpeg[/atsimg]

I'm a fairly regular visitor to the SOHO site and have never seen this before, hence my curiosity. Please feel free to enlighten me!

edit on 25-4-2011 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was checking a couple lenses and it seems to reverse but I dont know why....
Good find S&F

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i dont know much but i do frequently visit soho...i made a thread about what i saw a few days go.. THREAD..If you look down my post youll see what I saw..i think something happened just then in the picture and since theres been alot more questions coming up concerning the sun

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reversed mirror image i think

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It seems to rotate the other way on the 23rd.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/378c09b8c1ef.jpg[/atsimg]
one of my favs. Dont know how it happened maybe lense flipped or the entire SOHO.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
i dont know much but i do frequently visit soho...i made a thread about what i saw a few days go.. THREAD..If you look down my post youll see what I saw..i think something happened just then in the picture and since theres been alot more questions coming up concerning the sun

I saw that thread, crazy solar happenings these days. I'm sure Phage will pop in soon enough to hopefully shed some light on this subject.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I said the same in the other thread about Phage popping in and giving his words of wisdom. Not sure if he did though? I would really like to get a soild answer because this is very interesting.

link   
I dont know if the Sun did change its rotation then it would take an extraordinary force to cause it, also it would have to stop so I think this is probably a problem with the SOHO rather than the Sun.

link   
Take a look on the flare at the lower right corner. It is next to up corner left.
But i hope i am wrong!!

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's a scheduled role...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

2011-04-22 13:30:00 180.00

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I did a play back from January of this year up until now and played back the images. The sun spins in a single direction until the last fraction of a second where it suddenly spins the other way. If this is a mirror image effect used to gain better perspective on the sun for whatever reason (I can't think of one), wouldn't it happen once in awhile during other months?
I'll admit I don't frequent SOHO as often as others here, but everytime I've had a gander, the sun has always been spinning the same direction.
Someone school me so that I can sleep tonight.

On the role theory. I put in the times before and after the roles from last year, (2 roles between April & October), March to December 2010 and the sun still rotated the same direction. No change. Glitch?

The Sun has pole shifts all the time, the one in 2001 I believe it was, but that doesn't affect the suns rotation. Looking at the time between April of last year and now, you can definitely see a startling increase in Solar activity (especially over the last couple of months), rotation reversal or not.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i think just soho turn 180d. thats all

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aytacaksel

unfortunately

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

are you rather sun turn 180d poleshift?

i just buy new motobike and wanna live 1 more summer

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No offense to the OP, but did you really think the sun started turning the other way???? The forces involved in something like that would have to be astronomical, so large in fact that for it to happen I would assume the earth would be destroyed by whatever force caused the switch. Good to see you Ed something though, after all that's what ats is for

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I WENT TO THAT SOHO SITE AND VIEWED SUN FROM JAN 1 2011 TO NOW AND IT SEEMS THAT THE FLIPPY THING HAPPENS QUITE A FEW TIMES DURING THAT PERIOD.. PROBABLY A GLITCH....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wonder exactly how long it would take to slow the mass of the sun down - what would it be like at zero RPM and how much energy would it take to restart the rotation in the opposite direction. Is a minute too short -- is an eon long enough.

I think the idea of a planetary body changing the direction of rotation should not really be at the top of the list of conclusions that one may jump to.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
SOHO must do a 180° flip about every 3 months to keep its antenna pointed at Earth. This is on the SOHO Calendar. No mystery here. You can see the last one happened January 25th.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
But the sun pole shifts at the maximum in every solar cycle....

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one.

This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle. In fact, it's a good indication that Solar Max is really here."

So there it is folks, definately NOT a pole shift, a we have to be at the maximum of the current solar cycle, and we have only just started to get going with cycle 24.

Its all to do with the suns conveyor belt.

Source was NASA (Sorry, they do have their uses sometimes)

Oh and when it does happen, it won't rip the earth apart (or at least it hasn't happend up til now).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join