It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One More Reason To Stay Away From FaceBook...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It seems that even the Royal Guard is not impervious to the down falls of being a FB member...

www.yahoo.com

There will be one missing palace guard at the royal wedding. Scots Guardsman Cameron Reilly has been dismissed from duty during the event after he used Facebook to publicly complain that the bride-to-be snubbed him.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
From your own source:

“Respect for others is central to the Army’s Values and Standards and Equality and Diversity principles are reinforced throughout military training. We take any allegation of this nature extremely seriously and it will be investigated by his chain of command," said a Ministry of Defense spokesperson. "In view of the nature of the allegation, it would not be appropriate for the individual to be on parade for the royal wedding.” According to a fellow guard, "These stupid comments could not have come at a worse time for him. Serving at the royal wedding is a huge honor. He has been incredibly naïve."

I don't see why this is a reason to stay away from Facebook. The guard shouldn't talk s### about someone he is meant to protect. I thought that at this stage it is common knowledge not to post anything that you don't want your boss or potential boss to read.

The 18 year old guard is to blame here, not Facebook.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Alora because: to add quote

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

There are things that people post on there that will make trouble for them but if they're stupid enough to post things that are damaging to their reputation and they're letting everyone see it then maybe they should get a new job....He's a royal guard....who gives a crap about the royal wedding anyway. We all know it's a sham. We all know that the royals are has beens that wish they still had to power to rule over us all. Why give a hoot?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree whole-heartedly. It is a sham. And I don't gove two sh*** about the Royal Wedding or anything like it.

My point is that only IDIOTS use FB to post their crap. It's only going to come back and haunt you.

FB is the bane of today's society. Face-It.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There are many reasons to stay away from facebook but your own stupidity is not one of them. You can only be held responsible from the things you post. The guards post was his doing and not thinking it would affect his job is his mistake.

These are some better reasons to stay away...

edit on 25-4-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

That is funny. I knew there was a reason I never joined, well that and I never had access to my own computer. I don't plan to stay. Too much negative feedback. Facebook and google can be dangerous social media and according to Larry Flint they are violating privacy rights and giving second party information without "specific" permission or consent. Not good at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about Farmville when I clicked on it. Oh well.

There is a "friends only" option on Facebook, is there not? If you're going to talk smack, make sure you're profile is set up this way and the "wrong people" won't be looking at what you have to say. And if one of your "friends" let this info out of the bag, seek new friends.

On the flip side, if his page was set up to friends only, and they were able to hack his page and pull this info, then maybe he (we) should close down his (our) accounts.

If they're gonna spy on us, no need to make it easy on'em.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree whole-heartedly. It is a sham. And I don't gove two sh*** about the Royal Wedding or anything like it.

My point is that only IDIOTS use FB to post their crap. It's only going to come back and haunt you.

FB is the bane of today's society. Face-It.

You may not care about the Royal Wedding but it still might have some effect on your life at some point in time, I suggest if you have the time to take a look at this site, it opened my eyes to a lot of erie things. Whether true or not it is a facinating read.

www.grailcode.net...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The only thing i mainly use my facebook for is to educate and inform everyone on all the research i do about our government! facebook is a good and easy tool to spread the truth!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

You're right. The Guard is to blame. And FB was the tool that he used. A tool available to ANYONE and EVERYONE.

How many lives have been ruined due to this 'tool' (take the term as you will) since it's been introduced? It is a very quick means to an end.

I don't use it and I refuse to; it only invites one to hasten his/her own demise.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I use it as a tool to spread awareness, mainly concerning news and events that the mainstream media will not cover. A bit like we do here, and having several profiles I reach around 20,000 people through my "friends" (contacts) list. I don't have any personal info on my profile so have no worries.

The only problems I have had is with shills trying to discredit me and being told: "be assured you are on someones watch list". Which if genuine I take as a sign that I must be doing something right.

It's all about how you use it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I despise facehook. Its set up to keep people on without the benefit of learning something, the maintaining of the ignorance. There are those that use it to expose or to inform but for the most part it's just a hook. As for the guard, IMO, it has nothing to do with facehook except to show publicly that his ego is bigger than his brain. He isn't a close personal friend of the bride, he was a guard. The day wasn't about him it was about the Royal Family. With that, why would the bride even give him the time of day. What did he expect? Everything come to a halt because he was there? It's a case of him taking the honor bestowed upon him and letting it go to his head.

Edit to say: I am personally glad he was removed from the roster on the wedding day as his mind would not have been on the protection of the Family and procession but on his own ego.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
reply to post by Alora

You're right. The Guard is to blame. And FB was the tool that he used. A tool available to ANYONE and EVERYONE.

How many lives have been ruined due to this 'tool' (take the term as you will) since it's been introduced? It is a very quick means to an end.

I don't use it and I refuse to; it only invites one to hasten his/her own demise.

Indeed it is a tool, just like a hammer. A hammer can help build a house or it can be used to break one's thumb when used improperly. Had this idiot guard hammered his thumb would you be announcing that hammers should not be used?
Blame the user, not the tool.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
want more reasons to avoid facebook? How about the new timeline they're putting up? the past should stay in the past not on the front of our facebooks, thanks!!!

top topics

join