It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did aliens establish a primitive postcode system in ancient Britain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ancient monuments align with every postcode in the UK, suggesting powerful extraterrestrial influences at work[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/711c4ebe136d.jpg[/atsimg]

Did aliens establish a primitive postcode system in ancient Britain?

Every single location in the UK is at the convergence of three or more ley lines between ancient monuments. As I type this, the line formed by the ancient Brill Earthworks and the Southam Holy Well crosses the line running through Morden Park Mound and the Leydene Ditches, pinpointing my precise current location. Not only that, but the ley line that crosses Small Down Knoll and the most renowned of all ancient sites, Stonehenge, also goes right through my house.

It's as though prehistoric Britons built monumental sites as a form of "ancient postcode".

I was clearing out my in-box and Friend sent me this link.

I thought it was an interesting perspective.
I thought I'd post it here at ATS.

edit on 25-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I read the article and I dont understand any of it. He's taken 1500 ancient sites (apparently aliens love creating old stuff, like stones piled on more stones or build ditches and mounds. I see the kids do it in the sandbox all the time, so why not aliens?) and created a million gazillion triangles. Or something like that.

So... What exactly do you get when you take 1500 points on a 2D plane and draw every concievable line between them? Oh that's right. Alot of lines blurred together.

Where is the postcode?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Well I'm no expert on the subject but I found this.

NEOLITHIC ALIGNMENTS

A Geodesic grid formed over the map of England and Wales by a series of Alignments of High Peaks and Prehistoric Standing Stones
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/189ab5f3d475.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hiya Slay, I saw this article the other day and tried out the website. As a UK resident, I know about a dozen postcodes by heart and tried them out. Every single one was in the heart of a major leyline centre.

I googled away at another few postcodes and entered them with the same result.

The site is programmed to include any historical or geographical landmark and draw lines through them. It means that, in effect, every single location in England is at the intersection of a major ley line...according to the program.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

So....

What you're saying is that [Setting the Alien connection Aside] there is something to the fact that they are aligned or closely related to the grid?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If you read the Guardian article it gives a link to the Ley Line Finder Site. If you type in a postcode you get a map plus this

Important: to understand these findings and any potential dangers, you should read this.

When you click that message you get..........

So here's the truth: ley lines don't exist. Sorry to disappoint you. The truth is, no matter where in England you are, this site will happily find you three ley lines — including one that goes through Stonehenge! How? Simple: there are over 9,000 scheduled monuments in England. We're running with a smaller database - about 3,000 of the most impressive ones - but that's more than enough to guarantee that hundreds of "ley lines" will pass right through your house. The site picks a few directions, draws a line, and finds the closest sites of interest. By discarding the misses and showing you only the hits, something that's incredibly common can be made to look spectacular.

So I think it's fair to say the whole thing is a joke to target the gullible.......

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Hiya Slay, I saw this article the other day and tried out the website. As a UK resident, I know about a dozen postcodes by heart and tried them out. Every single one was in the heart of a major leyline centre.

I googled away at another few postcodes and entered them with the same result.

The site is programmed to include any historical or geographical landmark and draw lines through them. It means that, in effect, every single location in England is at the intersection of a major ley line...according to the program.

Hi there, Kandinsky, as a rule I respect all of your posts, but this one is a little weird. Postcoides start from the known centre of a city (often the key post office or government building) and then spread out to the rest of the county. Logically then, if a so called ley line is within that region it will be associated with a postcode by default - ermmmmm, where is the question in that? I'm a little puzzled, every area in the UK is associated with a postcode, where is the mystery in this?
edit on 25-4-2011 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

I appreciate the link and feedback. Checking into it now.

new topics

top topics

join