It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever seen with their eyes closed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I'd love to be able to do that again.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This used to happen pretty often a year ago or so.
I don't know what triggered it, but I think it disappeared when I realized that it wasn't just light penetrating my eyelids.

Once I was having a shower and kept my eyes closed, as some shampoo had gotten into one of the eyes. I could see shower gel, shampoo bottles, faucet and stuff with about 5 mm accuracy. It really puzzled me when I realized that I was seeing the shower nozzle behind me .. as if it were a 360 degrees vision or something. Well, I thought it was just my brain generating a 3d image off memory and tried to wash myself with closed eyes when I truly didn't see nothing - my accuracy went down to about 30 cm and I failed miserably.

Usually when I can see with my eyes closed and open them, I can clearly see a difference in viewing angle. The "eye" that I see with when my physical eyes are closed, seems to be somewhere higher than the physical eyes. I'm not sure, but it seemed like it was even higher than the spot where the 3rd eye is usually depicted.

Hm, it actually hasn't disappeared. There was one occasion a month or two ago, I think. Perhaps it's just waiting for us to learn to use it..

I experience this as well. just as a nap begins or ends, I can see the room I'm in for a few seconds with my eyes closed. It doesn't last as long as your experiences do, it kind of scares me, but I wish I could get over that and use the opportunity to have an OBE if possible from that state.

One of my friends once said that he starts to see with his eyes closed just a moment before an OBE. So, it should be possible.

Seeing with eyes closed seemed completely normal until I realized it wasn't. Personally I find OBEs more scary.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherBear

If I drop something I close my eyes and can go right to where the item is lying on the floor.

It is weird but I can do it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well, If I'm in very familiar surroundings I can picture the environment and walk around with my eyes closed.
Other than that, I never like seen through my eyelids as if they were translucent.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I have seen sometimes with my eyelids closed. Typically it is in the morning as I am waking up. The room looks similar to the room with my normal eyes, except that there will be extra fixtures, such as an extra painting hanging on the wall.

If I move my eyes/head the picture will move in the opposite direction so its totally like having my eyes opened, except they are not. Unfortunately, it only lasts a short time.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well I've kinda had a similar experience. I was in elementary school, anywhere from 1-4th grade. We we're playing dodge ball, or basketball or something, in the middle of the blacktop. I was sorta tired, and stopped running so much, and just stood to rest, (just part of my memory before it happened) "I remember this one kid, kind of a bully, and the one little guy you will always see following the dominant one. And he was going around Purple nurple'ing on people. So i went up to him and did it to him and got him back, Then this kid Alonso, I hated him, He was running and looking back, like he was trying not to get hit by the ball. And for some reason, it's like time froze for me, the image of him, with some distortion like you would see in a photograph of a moving object. and the background kinda fuzzy, but it was like i was starring with time frozen. it was like 10 seconds. Then it just started again, and didnt think much of it till i was older.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have experienced this during my childhood. I cannot accurately recall any particular incidence of this occurring, as I have a lot of trouble remembering anything, but I certainly remember experiencing "seeing with my eyes closed". For example, sitting on the couch watching a movie that I considered very scary at the time, enough so to close my eyes to block out the images, but still being able to see them with my eyes closed.

I can easily imagine it all being an illusion of some sort, but it felt very, very real at the time. Real enough to stay with for quite some time, and I have thought back on the experience occasionally. I have a feeling it was far more apparent in situations where I did not want to see, as though focusing on keeping the images out caused my mind to hold on to them. Or perhaps those are just the times that are more easy to remember?

It's strange how things that are so bizarre can seem almost normal when you're so young. Knowing that you have seen something that would completely freak you out as an adult that you didn't even blink at when you were a child really makes, you can't help but wonder... what else could you have seen that you simply never considered worth remembering at the time, at that age when you fail to notice half the things that go on around you?
edit on 25/4/2011 by Agkelos because: Added more information

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yes , but only at night at bed time

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have experienced this many times. It happens to me either when Im going to sleep or waking up. I have my eyes closed but see the room around me perfectly, with me even if the room is dark I see it light through my closed eyes.

It lasts for a short while then dissapears. I always put it down to my mind playing tricks while I was moving into a dream-state.

I wonder if we focus on somwhere else when this happens we could view a distant location with the same clarity?? That would be useful...............

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agkelos
It's strange how things that are so bizarre can seem almost normal when you're so young. Knowing that you have seen something that would completely freak you out as an adult that you didn't even blink at when you were a child really makes, you can't help but wonder... what else could you have seen that you simply never considered worth remembering at the time, at that age when you fail to notice half the things that go on around you?

It seems as if our conditioned minds are overwriting and erasing anomalies in our memory. I think that the purpose of this is to help us blend into society a bit better - by ensuring there are no controversial experiences. By starting to write down experiences that "break the norm", one starts to remember experiences they would've never thought they had.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hi there! I was away on Easter vacation so I just read this thread and thought I'd share my experience with you, if it's not too late. Ok, here goes...
I never thought it is something weird or unusual, I only thought it's a wonderful trick my mind played me, although it never was "imagination". Each time I would kiss someone, I had my eyes closed shut. But I was always able to literally see him kissing me and me kissing him... I can still do it, any time I choose. Most of the times it comes natural to me, but lately I found out that I can even block it, when I want too. But I prefer letting it flow me, much better feeling

Anyways, each time our heads would twist and turn, I could also see the space around me moving accordingly. It was not a dream or anything like that, it was real and I never doubted it. But it comes so naturally to me, from the age of 13 (I am now 26!!!) that I thought it was normal and everyone else could do it too.
~~~ * Do you "do" that, too??? *~~~

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I also experienced altered states of perception as a very young child, and didn’t think about it much either. Most notably, I could see myself in bed from a close distance, as if my eyes were located outside of my head and on the pillow facing me. During these experiences I was very much awake, with eyes closed and no possible interference from outside light.

I find myself extremely sensitive to light, unable to fall asleep if my eyes are not completely covered, having a sense still of seeing my room still through my eye lid, along with every change in light. Accordingly, I have always slept with my eyes covered with a dark blanket. When I see myself however, it is a different kind of sight entirely, as if I was looking at some kind of colorless photo negative of myself in a mirror.

I never thought of this as unusual in any way until recently, when the picture in my minds eye became something I could focus on and I realized I was seeing myself, not just the normal array of colors that spark like fireworks before bed.

This has gone on so long that I had never considered it anything other than imagination, but since I’ve become aware of it, the image is much clearer and changes accordingly to my movement, including the distance between my face and the apparent mirror.

Has anyone felt this, or heard of such? I’m curious to know what’s at work here. Forgive my specificity, I know this has happened to many people in some form, I'm looking for the reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
THis happens to me from time to time as I'm waiting to fall asleep. Suddenly I realize that I can see my room through my closed eyes. Everything looks kind of greenish and black, like seeing through night vision goggles. Sometimes I'll get up and navigate my room, which is a dynamic mess, and pick things up.

Dream recreations of my room are never perfect, but when this happens I can see everything as it really is.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The greens and blue blacks are right in line with how I see myself in the mirror image. Funny, I didn't really think about those colors until you mentioned it. This is my first time expressing this in so many words. I'm still working it out; I joined this forum specifically to inquire in this thread.

How do you interpret what you are seeing? As scientific trick, or as something that can be developed? Is this what people refer to as an out of body experience? It has been happening quite a bit lately, I seem to have a little control over when I can do it.
edit on 11/9/2011 by wakingtereza because: inconsistency and to add more complete explanation

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wakingtereza

No freaking clue what to make of it. All I know is it happens to enough people. I've started a few threads about it, and there are always quite a few people who have experienced it as well. One guy even made picture of how it looks that was pretty accurate. But nobody put forth any theories.

It happened to me about the same time I was meditating on a semi regular basis, so it may be something you can develop. It was also the same time I was seeing shadow people, and worse, things I couldn't see but could only sense in the top corner of my room. They gave off an evil malevolence that left me cowering.

And that's all I know, make of it what you will.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yes. U2U me sometime. I will send you something. I will not discuss in-forum. Thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Quick glance through the thread and I don't believe this was mentioned.

When I was a kid I read a book by Roald Dahl called "The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More." In it there was a story about a man who read a story about an Indian performer who could see without his eyes, with his head wrapped up and bandaged. He could ride a bike safely through traffic, could read a book behind a wall, etc, just so long as a bit of skin was exposed somewhere on his body (hands, etc) he was able to see. The man decided to learn the trick for himself to use to see through playing cards while gambling. Anyway, it was a fun little piece of fiction, but the Indian man was based on an individual named Kuda Bux.

Obviously, people have questioned the ability, as there are several ways to fake this effect, but it is interesting none the less. If you are seeing through closed eyelids, and you are sure it's not just a residual image, who knows, practice, test yourself, try and read through the backs of playing cards. No harm in playing around with it.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I get the greeny color vision sometimes i think it may connected to 3rd eye/pineal gland. By far the most weirdest thing ive seen in closed eyes was a red fiery star/planet. It was so random. I had just sat on the couch, closed my eyes for a minute and had this vision. It was like, my eyes closed, then it opened within my eyes, i saw this red star/planet(no idea what it means) then my eyes opened and i was seeing in real time. Freaked me out. I tried closing my eyes to see it again, but i couldnt.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
There are spirits that move around us all, there are billions of spirits.

Sometimes their invisibilty cloak is revealed when the eyes are closed, because they are visible on another level not the visible level.

Witches, demons, Angels, saints.

Its a war out there, keep ya eyes open , or if ye brave closed.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've had this happen. I was a teenager and I was in bed ready to fall asleep. My eyes were closed and I was lying on my back face up. We had two cats and I heard one of them walk into my room. Immediately upon entering my room I could see my cat stalking to the foot of my bed (eyes still closed). I could vividly see the cat crouching as it was ready to jump on my bed and then I saw it jump. In perfect unison to what I witnessed, the cat plopped onto my bed. It was a weird experience for sure. Now that I recall the colors were more blueish/black, rather than the green described from others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join