It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terroist Attack to Overshadow Royal Wedding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerenityGained
I think, in this age, the Commonwealth countries have a generally far greater patriotism (sorry about that word!) to the Crown then U.K'ers.

I guess being separated by all this water and yet engaged by the idea of a Commonwealth preserves our optimism.

Weird, right?

Sen
edit on 25-4-2011 by SerenityGained because: stuff

I believe if Britain pulled out of the EU and formed a Commonwealth Free Trade Zone they'd be MUCH better off.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I completely agree with you. Ditch this Euro nonsense and re-affirm the Commonwealth as an economic and social power in this century.

Sen

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If you read the article it says an attack in Ireland not London, just something to overshadow the royal wedding.

Maybe the goverment will shoot the queen and blame it on another country and then entering
WW3 = depopulisation ooooooooooooooooooo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Stars for those that know what the hell is actually going on in Ireland with these splinter groups.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Oh you mean Northern Ireland, I wouldn't worry too much about it. This "IRA" isn't even the real IRA (although they like to think they are). They don't have the means to pull off anything to drastic, a small car bomb here, a shooting there but nothing on the scale of what we had 20years ago.

That used to be the case. This situation, which I've been following closely, is quite different. Which you can tell in part because the authorities are handling it differently, but also because they've acknowledged this group -- which is comprised not of young wannabes, but actual hardcore members of the IRA previously involved in very serious operations, who do not accept the cease-fire and do not consider themselves dissident republicans -- actually does have the capacity, in terms of experience and expertise, to strike the mainland.

This is by far the most dangerous republican group to be operational in quite some time, and that's not my opinion -- it's all over the radio and papers.

That said, they don't have the numbers to sustain the level of violence seen in previous years, and their relative lack of members may prove to be their downfall as anonymity is much harder.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join