It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hellholes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi,

I follow the site below pretty regularly, and have done so for around a year. This article:

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

I found pretty interesting, and thought I would share.

I particularly like the part about how all of CA is going to hell economically (my hometown had "official" unemployment around 25%, but was certainly higher), and the rest of the country will soon follow suit.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
yeesh egad. that is painting a very terrible picture for americans!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I thought Philadelphia would of been on there. If you go outside Center City it's bad and disgusting everywhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yeah that article does give a proper insight into what really is happening in America, there certainly are hard times ahead for many people.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Well sounds like a lot of gloom and doom for those 5 cities, as for mine, it is beautiful. I can look out my car windows and see gorgeous mountians for as far as you can see, cross 3 different rivers in my one city, walk over the river on a splost funded footbridge that is designed to look like you are in the 1800's, the parks look awesome, fishing is great, roads are fine, crime is getting a little wierd but that is the meth infiltration hitting us, jobs are getting easier to find, gas is up, food is up, I would expect so much due to weather and economic reasons.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I live in riverside county ca, one of the hardest hit housing markets as well as extremely high unemployment rate, when ever there and article about the housing collapse they are sure to mention riverside numbers.

Yet across from my new development (yes im under by about 200k on the house but we didn't get a mortgage we couldn't afford like many others) there is new houses going up daily, and I have seen a few business shut down, but it seems that in their place more open.

So i don't know if its really as bleak as that site claims I can honestly say from one of the hardest hit areas that its not as bad as this site is claiming.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Hi,

I follow the site below pretty regularly, and have done so for around a year. This article:

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

I found pretty interesting, and thought I would share.

I particularly like the part about how all of CA is going to hell economically (my hometown had "official" unemployment around 25%, but was certainly higher), and the rest of the country will soon follow suit.

didn't arnold "the governator" schwarzenegger defeat unemployment with two m-16's under his arms and a rocket launcher.

i think a law should be passed that to run for high office in america, you should a) speak the english language properly and intelligibly and b) be born in the friggin state you're going to govern.

new topics

top topics

join