It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Converting Negativity into Positivity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
When things happen to me that are annoying or aggravating, I tend to build up tension and aggression because of those events.

The good news is that these emotions and feelings can be converted into something useful.

I have recently been getting back in shape and working out. I tend to find that if I have a lot of tension built up within me, it actually helps me work out harder.

It almost like I am a furnace. The more "fuel" that gets put in, the brighter the fire burns.

So yeah, sometimes when aggravating or unfortunate things happen to us, it can help us to create fiery positivity with a burning passion, if that makes sense.

Will add more to this later.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ummmm..... what

1-line posts - Please Review
edit on 25-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

well said soulah i enjoyreading your posts.

i think that the skill to be able to convert/transmute energy is a priceless tool in our human existence. Afterall, we live in a world of duality - & at an increasing potential for the time being (imho). "To be able to transmute energy implies the raw power we have in this world" . thats how i call that shot anyways.

Keep transmuting...
& hope your walkin stick is doing well!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainboStar
Ummmm..... what

I find this comment sarcastic in nature, as i'm sure you know the general basis of his statement. why do you wish to make him feel as if he said nothing when clearly there is a positive message behind it? why push negativity further?
edit on 25-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have a lot of issues with negativity, and am interested in finding solutions to control my moods and use my energy positively.

I am already aware of the benefits of physical exercise, though you put it quite well with the furnace analogy.

This is a physical method of conversion, however. Anyone know any beneficial mental exercises to reverse a negative mindset?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
When things happen to me that are annoying or aggravating, I tend to build up tension and aggression because of those events.

The good news is that these emotions and feelings can be converted into something useful.

I have recently been getting back in shape and working out. I tend to find that if I have a lot of tension built up within me, it actually helps me work out harder.

It almost like I am a furnace. The more "fuel" that gets put in, the brighter the fire burns.

So yeah, sometimes when aggravating or unfortunate things happen to us, it can help us to create fiery positivity with a burning passion, if that makes sense.

Will add more to this later.

So very true in very many ways. I was angry that I couldn't get what I wanted in life and rage just started building inside. Fortunately it got me motivated to run more then ever and definitely helps when lifting weights and other exercises. It's like all the energy can get focused for single or multiple purposes and channeled directly into your hands to make things happen. To this day I am still angry but now I know what I can do with this energy and use it to better myself.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Yeah i can see where your coming from.
When someone angers you build a fire with good thoughts, stoke that positive fire.
Then throw said agitator into the flames and watch em burn!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by RainboStar
Ummmm..... what

I find this comment sarcastic in nature, as i'm sure you know the general basis of his statement. why do you wish to make him feel as if he said nothing when clearly there is a positive message behind it? why push negativity further?
edit on 25-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

I wasn't meaning to be sarcastic.

I apologize.

Just was not understanding what the point of this thread was. A lot of people work out to relieve stress.

top topics

join