It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new political team! The USA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How about we all move away from this "Left-v-Right" paradigm and only vote for the American team?

No more GOP, no more Democrat, no more Tea Party, no more parties that don't want to do jack for the American people.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

It could be the Anti-Party Party...the Founding Fathers would be proud!!! I despise the parties and their arrogant agenda. I, like so many here at ATS, was an original Tea Party member only to be pushed out by the ultra conservative mindset that infiltrated when they had given up on the GOP and felt obliged to take the Tea Party over.

edit on 24-4-2011 by goddesslovr88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
How about we all move away from this "Left-v-Right" paradigm and only vote for the American team?

No more GOP, no more Democrat, no more Tea Party, no more parties that don't want to do jack for the American people.

I'm for it. Then later on we can advance to the "human team" where we don't worry so much about imaginary lines, and we spread the love to everyone, regardless of their birth coordinates.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I'll vote for anybody that doesn't have a lock step platform and doesn't have "party" connected to it!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Apologies for this non-related post but can anyone post a link for the site map here? I'm new & still cant find info to navigate around site- adding account info, friend etc.Not being very tech savy, any help would be appreiciated.
Thanks.x

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It wouldn't work. Eventually your new party would splinter into a couple of warring factions over something that is seen as significant to one group (gay marriage?-even New York Republicans vs. Utah Republicans cannot agree). Look at how many divisions of Protestants there are.

The nature of the political arena is structured to reward good looks, good presentation skills, and opportunistic people. You win by arguing and tearing down others...by proposing things that are not realistic or feasible.

In the last 75 years how many real "leaders" have you had? Maybe, Reagan, Kennedy and possibly Clinton.,..but even that is debatable.

You need, instead to have term limits on those that hold office, eliminate special interest groups, and tackle the sleeze that is inherent in your political system.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
It wouldn't work. Eventually your new party would splinter into a couple of warring factions over something that is seen as significant to one group (gay marriage?-even New York Republicans vs. Utah Republicans cannot agree). Look at how many divisions of Protestants there are.

The nature of the political arena is structured to reward good looks, good presentation skills, and opportunistic people. You win by arguing and tearing down others...by proposing things that are not realistic or feasible.

In the last 75 years how many real "leaders" have you had? Maybe, Reagan, Kennedy and possibly Clinton.,..but even that is debatable.

You need, instead to have term limits on those that hold office, eliminate special interest groups, and tackle the sleeze that is inherent in your political system.

That's why splintering and lobbyists groups would be banned under this new party. no more will a corporation be able to call in a favour when it is convienent for them do so.

new topics

top topics

join