It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just thinking about, oh, leaving the US.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Oh so you guys get it too? I would agree I found many many of the people I "encountered" in Paris to be snobs in need of a shower and a shave.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thegiftbearer

Oh no, I didn't think that you meant to be disrespectful.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainboStar
But I would consider anywhere.

I am fed up with health care and with our currency presumably going down, I am thinking it's time to go.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest instead of trying to escape the problems, you face them head on, by moving to the state of New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project (www.FreeStateProject.org...) I think it is indeed time to start making life-changing decisions based on the current state of America.

By concentrating a large number of pro-liberty activists in the state of New Hampshire there has been very great victories.

New Hampshire has strict drug laws, and they are only starting to loosen up. Just last week Bob Constantine was alleged to have 33 marijuana plants. Over 30 people, most of them from the Free State Project, went to Bob Constantine's trial in support of him over the two or three days it took place. The result of the trial? Bob was convicted only of possession, and will serve two months in jail. Not a bad start for the project by my reckoning! The Free State Project is only just getting started, yet 12 new movers have been elected to the (local) state senate already.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Are you suggesting I move to NH to support Marijuana?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Best places depends on what you want
English Speaking: UK Canada Australia New Zealand USA Carribbean
Best for an "American" lifestyle: Western Europe & English Speaking
Best to go native: South America - Oceania

Given the option, I'd prefer ocean-going transportation and accomodation.
My current preference: Ecuador - have more exploring to do in South America

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RainboStar

Singapore is a neat place. Warm ( a little to warm ), lots of foreigners, although everybody speaks english there. Awesome city.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you but the problems which are making you consider leaving the US are going to be worldwide before we all know it and no matter where you go there is going to be enough difficulties of the same magnitude just a different nature. A change of scenery isn't going to rid you of these issues. Sorry

My advice would be do what you can to change the problem here in the US or PA (I'm in PA too) or acquiesce to the fact that it is what it is and try to just enjoy everyday you have before tshtf.

Not trying to be morbid just trying to be real.

Trowa
edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I am not trying to escape or run away from problems, as I realize that there are going to be positive and negative wherever I go.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RainboStar

I'm not accusing you of that I'm just saying that their is going to be problems anywhere. Believe me I feel the exact way that you do. I just think that up and leaving the country is specious

Respectfully

Trowa
edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just what (specifically) are the reasons for wanting to go?

For starters, you mentioned healthcare. Well, the US has some of the best docs around, and that comes at a cost. Sure, places like Canada have socialized medicine, but guess what, they also have higher taxes to pay for it, so whether it's more taxes, or you're paying insurance premiums, guess what? You're still paying.

Also, that is for CITIZENS, so unless you're seeking citizenship in your adopted country, you've got limited rights, abilities, opportunities, etc. If not a tourist, you'll need to get a work visa, which means you've usually got to have an employer vouch for you, so already have a job, etc.

I don't want to put you off of this, but just saying you really need to be more aware and educated on the reasons you want to go, and be sure of them, before making such a change (and be aware of all the things it entails).

I'd recommend you try and find a job in your country of choice and try it out for a couple years, before trying to live there permanently. Japan's earthquake didn't affect the whole nation you know. (and everywhere has SOME kind of natural disaster that COULD happen). I have a friend who's been over there during all of this, is still over there, and is enjoying it immensely. He's been over there now for a few months.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainboStar
reply to post by civilchallenger

Are you suggesting I move to NH to support Marijuana?

No, if you would have followed the source you'd have learned the FSP has nothing to do with Marijuana. The point is, if you are accused of doing something "wrong" that is actually perfectly fine to do, you will have people supporting you when it goes to court. You don't get that in any other place in the United States!

The other point is that Free State Project members are helping prevent economic policies that destroy states from happening in New Hampshire. New Hampshire is simply not suffering from an economic depression and it is in small part because the Free State Project helps to install policies that prevent such a thing from happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join