It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Filberto Caponi Close Encounter 1993 revisited.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I first came across this case through the work of Timothy Good and was amazed how quickly it was dismissed by by the UFO community because : A, the alien pictures "looked" fake and B, the witness happened to be a clay sculpter.
I have felt for a while that a case of importance may have slipped us by through snap judgement.Of course i could be completely wrong but i think it would be good to have a fresh look at the case.

The account below is a brief case overview.

www.ufocasebook.com...

This is the account of the repeated encounter between a humanoid being and a 23 years old Italian from Pretare d'Arquata, who took a series of 6 Polaroid pictures of the being.
The alleged series of encounters starts in Pretare d'Arquata, a small sector in the province of Ascoli Piceno, at the top of the Monte Vettore, a few kilometres after one leaves the road to Salaria.

They show, in sequence, a being in a various positions, seated, nearly erected, in seemingly painful physical conditions although this may be only an anthropomorphic impression. The being seems to have small dimensions, rather sturdy, with the skin that in some instantaneous ones appears burnished and thick and in last photograph, completely red, moisted, with the aspect of a badly wounded skin.

The photos were published in the weekly magazine "Visto" n. 43 on 28 October 1993, and then produced on TV during the program "I Fatti Vostri" ("Your facts") on Friday, November 5, 1993, hosted by Giancarlo Magalli.

May 24, 1993
The first photo showed a small shadow, as Caponi stated. The effect of the mysterious combustion of the two first pictures, altering the zone where the being was, resulted in this. May 24, 1993.
The first investigation was headed by the CUN and consisted of several inspections, interviews of Caponi and his relatives and the answers to their questions to other indirect witnesses. At the end of the investigation, they had a detailed report on the case but drew no firm conclusion whatsoever.

At the same time, other investigators approached Caponi and obtained from him similar statements, substantially coinciding with those published by the CUN. Some of them gave their interpretation of the events, such as Massimo Fratini Maximum from the CETI, in Rome, who stated that he has always been convinced by the sincerity of the witness.
"In the course of our inquiry and during last the three years, we have had to reconsider, step by step, all the vicissitude, to reconstruct all the details, meeting Filiberto Caponi several more times and trying to collect other testimonies."

Also here is an alien photo gallery (some bad fakes).

www.ufocasebook.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
From the Terms & Conditions: Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website

edit on 24/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's a shame. I want to believe too and it's a good story. Unfortunately coming to the least likely conclusion in this case is the most ignorant thing I can think of.

But as usual (and oh how so convenient) there never seems to be enough evidence to actually convince us darn "close minded" free thinkers. Odd that, don't you think? In 20-30 years when you are reading the same stuff, recycled over and over and nothing ever changes what is going to be your opinion of crap like this case?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
It's a shame. I want to believe too and it's a good story. Unfortunately coming to the least likely conclusion in this case is the most ignorant thing I can think of.

But as usual (and oh how so convenient) there never seems to be enough evidence to actually convince us darn "close minded" free thinkers. Odd that, don't you think? In 20-30 years when you are reading the same stuff, recycled over and over and nothing ever changes what is going to be your opinion of crap like this case?

So do i take it that you don't think this case is worthy of re-evaluation?
I thought we were here to look at incidents like this.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm not an alien fan, I personally think that most of it is pure disinformation provided by TPTB. I don't reject the idea of aliens and their visits and this is a case that should be reviewed.
It doesn't have to be an alien, there are numerous accounts of elves, pre-internet trolls, daemons and other mythical beings. There is no mentioning of a UFO or strange lights in the sky. None the less, definitely an interesting case.

new topics

top topics

join