It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was SPONGEBOB Emplaced to tell kids its OK to be GAY?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainboStar
reply to post by Hawking

Bert and Ernie used to be my favorites.....
Maybe that's what happened to me!

Another innocent child scarred for life by gay muppets...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
First off, How can a sponge be gay? Hes not even human, hes not even real.

/thread

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Cartoons were a bit weird and violent in the 50's.
These newer cartoons are mind bendingly strange
and probably are a form of indoctrination
into this strangeness.
People who grew up watching them have no
perspective on how their lives have been
transmogrified.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
SpongeBob and Patrick are BFF. Like a previous comment explained,that is what kids see. Since this is a conspiracy theories website, maybe,you might be focusing on the wrong character. Look at Plankton. He's definitely a blatant Illuminati figure! The one,all seeing eye, the evil plan to rule the world (oh,and to steal the recipe for crabby patty). Forget Spongebob and Patrick - keep an 'eye' on Plankton!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alohagirl21

I'll go ahead and give a thumbs up for that post.
Nice job, nice job.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

gdaub23 you may recall past similar questions cast in the media about Muppet characters, Teletubbies and more. The further you go back, the more you'll find.

I don't see where SpongeBob or other childrens TV show characters are depicted as sexual beings. Perhaps I have a hard time associating the concept but I just don't see it. I watch a huge amount of cartoons, always have. I firmly believe cartoons & comics are pretty much the best thing printing presses ever ran.

SpongeBob is the epitomy of naivete, and I think his innocent side may be mistaken for fey or effeminate. I'm confident SpongeBob and his trusty starfish sidekick Patrick would follow the path of nature if they were suddenly to come to life.

I do not know the sexuality of sponges or starfish. Is there a large homosexual population amongst the sponge or starfish community? Sadly, I would not be surprised if we found out someone got a $5,000,000 Grant to find out the answers to these important mysteries.

I'm a major SpongeBob fan from episode one, and my personal SB collections have grown so large that I've had to sell off lots several times. Trust me, if SB was gay I wouldn't be the first to know, but after all these years I would have caught on by now. And if there is anyone that is gay in Bikini Bottom, I'd say place your bet on Squidward Tentacles.

Squidward is a shriek away from being a bitchy waiter; it was fate that he wound up behind the cash register. As far as stereotyping goes, Squidward fits the bill with his flair for the dramatic, love of fine arts, participation in interpretive dance...the list goes on. Again, the concept of sexuality is silly to me, it's a cartoon character. And it's a squid.

When we step away from childrens entertainment we have plenty of characters who are brazen in their sexuality. Your avatar friend Roger is the finest super freak on TV cartoons IMHO, but he is allowed slack in my mind because he's an alien. Roger doesn't have to play by our rules, he has a get of out jail free card.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
There has always been undertones of Patrick and Spongebob's relationship being a bit more than BFF's. But realistically that's all kids see in that they're BFF and nothing more. And even if they are and openly said so I'd have no problem whatsoever with it. People don't LEARN to be gay, it's more than a life-choice you don't choose who you're attracted it to - chemistry is chemistry. Even animals can be gay or have homosexual tendancies. Who taught them to be gay? Surely they didn't learn it, and surely not from Spongebob. Kids DO learn things from TV but being homosexual is not one of them. In fact I think MORE children's programs should have positive messages about homosexuality. We need to stop ostracizing people because of their sexual orientation and we should be teaching our kids this message to this ends in the coming generations.

And BTW, why pick on poor Spongebob? Have you ever taken notice of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street? Seriously those two need to come out the closet already.

And for the record I'm straight, married, and have children and see no harm in this.

Terrormaster you make an excellent point about animals and homosexuality. It is natural, it is of nature. I remember reading about this for the first time in Playboy, the Sept. 1969 issue ( i think ). The article was in-depth about the observed actions of several species in the wild. Homosexuality is common in nature.

"There's no accounting for taste", said the old woman as she bent to kiss her cow.

I'm a married hetero too. I think earth will be so much nicer when people finally lighten up about the differences between this one and that one. Seeing how things are right now, I can't imagine how horrible it was in the 1950's or 1850's for those who were not free to be with the love they longed for. Life is just too damn short for this crap to exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

First off, I'm not big on watching cartoons at my advanced age, but I think I remember seeing a "squirrel friend" or something along those lines. Spongebob, like the Three Stooges, was put in place to tell kids it's OK to be an idiot. I'm pretty sure he's not there to promote inter-species sex between sponges and starfish. "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by RainboStar
reply to post by Hawking

Bert and Ernie used to be my favorites.....
Maybe that's what happened to me!

Another innocent child scarred for life by gay muppets...

Bert and Ernie were not gay. Despite having a man's hand continually in their orifices they were simply glorified oven mitts. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Someone mentioned this years ago on the Radio.. "The Crusty KRAB" , The CHUM Bucket" "Bikini BOTTOM" lol.
There are LOTS of sexual innuendos in that cartoon, thats just off the top of my head.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Why is it when a guy is peaceful loving and sensitive he is called gay.
Does it take sexual relations or to be killing or hunting something to be called a HE-man?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Its all part of the gay agenda to try and stop whites from procreating and render us extinct.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
That's like asking if, was George Bush put into the Presidency in order to show people it's OK to be a nonsensical idiot.

Come on man. Sponge Bob isn't gay. He is a annoying idiot. Not gay.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have to wonder what people's response would be if Spongebob was giving out anti-gay messages?

I'm sure that would fine and quite "normal". Nothing to complain about there - just good ole' American gay bashing.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

How odd!

I was born left hand orientated, but over the years have become much more used to and able to use my right hand.

Guess you can change those things! In fact I can't write with my left hand at all anymore, and who'd want to!

Then you weren't born left handed. It is not unusual for children to switch back and forth between left and right. There is also Ambidextrous - - which my father was. He could write with either hand or both at the same time.

Left/right handed comes from the brain. Which recent studies show may also determine gender.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I dont think that Spongebob was created to teach the teeny ones that GAY IS OK. No more than Bugs Bunny was for me when I was teeny one. He liked dressing up as a female, right? Not feeling very gay here. Spongebob was created so I would be able to laugh my ass off at Patrick, nothing more...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I started watching spongebob when i was about 6 or so probably. I'm 16 now and i don't even really watch TV anymore, but i've rarely view an episode occasionally in the past few years. I know what you mean by the gay behavior and such, but when you think about it, he kind of does have a girlfriend.. Sandy. There is an episode where he goes to Sandys air dome and goes on a date with her, but dries out from being out of the water. There are also episodes though, where Spongebob and Patrick will engage in some sort of homosexual behavior. For example, where they have the baby Clam and Spongebob begins dressing like a woman, and Patrick is the lazy father that doesn't want to do nothing. I can say growing up it never had any affect on me thinking that it's ok to be gay. Which i think it is, I just cant recall feeling that it had any impact on me, or that i even noticed it until this thread. Funny thread tho. But all in all i see where you're coming from, but i doubt it has any affect on the kids. Who knows, maybe my mind isn't suseptable to subliminal propoganda

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join