It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was SPONGEBOB Emplaced to tell kids its OK to be GAY?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
He does have Sandy the Squirrel.
But (corect me if i'm wrong) the sponge is a-sexual.

I have seen a few times he has replicated into 5 or 6 other Spongebobs.

His mannerisms and attitude (I think) is just down to him being plain dumb.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There has always been undertones of Patrick and Spongebob's relationship being a bit more than BFF's. But realistically that's all kids see in that they're BFF and nothing more. And even if they are and openly said so I'd have no problem whatsoever with it. People don't LEARN to be gay, it's more than a life-choice you don't choose who you're attracted it to - chemistry is chemistry. Even animals can be gay or have homosexual tendancies. Who taught them to be gay? Surely they didn't learn it, and surely not from Spongebob. Kids DO learn things from TV but being homosexual is not one of them. In fact I think MORE children's programs should have positive messages about homosexuality. We need to stop ostracizing people because of their sexual orientation and we should be teaching our kids this message to this ends in the coming generations.

And BTW, why pick on poor Spongebob? Have you ever taken notice of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street? Seriously those two need to come out the closet already.

And for the record I'm straight, married, and have children and see no harm in this.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Adults worry about the dumbest things sometimes.

Violence - Obnoxious language - - yeah I watch for that.

But Gay? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by g146541

like i said before,sandi is more manly than spongebob so i question her too...shes a cowboy

I don't know, Sandy is pretty hot when she's wearing her bikini...and SpongeBob and Patrick both have been known to have interest in her.
edit on 24-4-2011 by goddesslovr88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So what if it does? I mean in school we read the book Huckleberry Fin which had the N-word in it some 200 times and my teacher despite feeling uncomfortable saying the word said it every time do you know why? He told us that in order for one to become desensitized to something they must first be subjected to it. And it did what it was intended to... So if the Creators of Spongebob want to make the next generation of children desensitized to gays then I have no complaints

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This whole argument goes away when you finally realize that being gay is NOT A CHOICE -- it just happens like being left handed. Yes it is that simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Why force straight characters on gay children?

Why is that okay?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
First of all, I'm gay.
Being gay is OKAY.
And being gay is not a CHOICE.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
This whole argument goes away when you finally realize that being gay is NOT A CHOICE -- it just happens like being left handed. Yes it is that simple.

How odd!

I was born left hand orientated, but over the years have become much more used to and able to use my right hand.

Guess you can change those things! In fact I can't write with my left hand at all anymore, and who'd want to!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Now I'm PO'd . Unbelievable. I have no problem with gay people ! BUT OMG ARE MY KIDS THINKING IT'S OK!

SPONGEBoB WILL TURN YOUR KIDS GAY. Totally....

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Peopel really took this thread in the wrong direction...i really need to learn how to word things better. i was trying to talk about desentitising our kids for the future by pertaying popular figures in the way thy do spongebob..then posters even got me headed off the main topic bringing out my views which i really didnt want this to turn in to...im sorry if this turned into gay bashing thread..wasnt inteaded to be...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
Peopel really took this thread in the wrong direction...i really need to learn how to word things better. i was trying to talk about desentitising our kids for the future by pertaying popular figures in the way thy do spongebob..then posters even got me headed off the main topic bringing out my views which i really didnt want this to turn in to...im sorry if this turned into gay bashing thread..wasnt inteaded to be...

Yeah I understand but desensitizing them to what, "gayness"? I'm just saying. Should be nothing wrong with that. I know you may not have meant to but it's still kind of offensive.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I thought spongebob was a kid. If anything I say why is spongebob a fry cook. It makes it seem like it's okay to be a fry cook. Why couldn't he have been a ceo or something. And mr krabs represents the boss! respect your boss and do what he tells you. Spongebob lets people know it's okay to slave at work for nothing and not get any raises.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
OP, I think I totally get your point. You were making an observation, not a judgement. Say the word "gay", tho, and it starts all kinds of conversation. I'm a huge Sponge Bob fan, my 50th surprise birthday party was all done in a Sponge Bob theme. But I have often wondered the same thing as you. If S. Bob wants to be gay, no problem here, just saying. I don't think there was a direct effort to teach kids anything by this though.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stigup

Yeah, I don't want my kids thinking that it's alright to work at McD's as a career, yo!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Personally I still want a crabby patty.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

If you think Spongebob Squarepants is "forcing homosexuality" on our kids, you should probably see someone.

How about Bert and Ernie? Ren and Stimpy?

EDIT: ad for Spongebob online game at the top of the page! OP...looks like none of us are safe
edit on 24-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Bert and Ernie used to be my favorites.....
Maybe that's what happened to me!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Sorry I have to say WTF here. First of all not all cartoon characters have romantic relationship of any kind. Second of all Bugs Bunny was a crossdresser and "seduced" many of his enemies but I'm not a lesbian nor is my brother gay and we both stick to our traditional gender clothing.

You cannot manipulate sexual preference. I hope Spongebob is gay and I hope we start seeing a hell of a lot more gay cartoon figures so maybe our children can escape the insanity of this issue.

LOVE this post.
And to the OP,
" I understand completely and feel that if kids want to be then ok its their lives...But why push it on them in cartoons? "

If you think that kids WANT to be homosexual, then no. You do not " understand completely " at all.
So sick of people saying it's a choice. Saying that homosexuality is being pushed upon kids through Spongebob is bigotry.

What about Pinky and the Brain?
"Hey are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
" Yea Brain, since we don't have a female counterpart we must be forcing homosexuality upon our younger viewers !"
edit on 24-4-2011 by Justin9258 because: .

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin9258

What about Pinky and the Brain?
"Hey are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
" Yea Brain, since we don't have a female counterpart we must be forcing homosexuality upon our younger viewers !"
edit on 24-4-2011 by Justin9258 because: .

Narf!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join