It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and the Vatican: A Secret Journey in the Reign of the Chaste

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The pope and his bishops days at the vatican are numbered, the momentum of detestation for these imposters of christs representatives on earth has grown to the point of public demonstrations and will progress to constant vigils outside the gates of the vatican with great numbers baying for blood.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
As much as I despise the church in all aspects I despise those who continue to support and fund it even more. With the thousands of cases revealed involving pedophilia how can any rational person actually believe there is any sense of decency to come from this organization. To abuse the trust and love of children is the ultimate betrayal, yet the vatican seems to take more pride and joy in the fact that they can call the shots and maintain an image.It would seem clear that a life of celibacy is just extending opportunity for these closet rapists.

Good article OP let's hope more and more people see through all the lies the church states as truth and the better life.

brill

This goes the same for schools that have have had tons of these kinds of cases... Why do we keep sending our chidren to school?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The sad part about this whole issue is that if Catholic priests were allowed to have sexual relationships, or if women were allowed to become priests (much like protestant ministers), then the problem would all but disappear.

Male-only celibacy is a condition that is just begging for pedophiles to sign up.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Now let me first say that Im a big believer in if you follow a religion you should atleast know your holy book IE: bible, koran, tora etc...

And frankly the cathloics are about the worst when it comes to knowing their book, they know the traditions of their church but not the book they claim to follow.

So with that being said the bible clearly states that the leaders of the church should be the following.

1 Timothy 3

1 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?

SO by the bible (again this religions holy book) NO catholic priest or nun is qualified to run a church ever or should be in a position of authority over the churches followers, theres more after that vs also..

Also not the only time the bible says that a leader of the church should be married,

Titus 1:6-9 (New International Version, ©2011)

6 An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe[a] and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7 Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

If you have a holy book follow it.

edit on 25-4-2011 by benrl because: another verse with the same thing.

edit on 25-4-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rai76

Reconsidering, this book could be an RC recruiting tool for clergy. What other employer openly accepts societal deviants? "Come do your thing and when you're done the boss forgives you." Meals, a roof over your head, sexual partners galore and all the little black dresses a guy or gal could ever wish for.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thank you for posting the info. I've spent the morning listening to the whole documentary.

It's painful. It invokes such anger I'm glad I'm sitting down. And the tears fall for these little children raped of their innocence and their future. I just can't even imagine the HELL everyone has gone through over this and I just hope and pray good comes from it, somehow, and it will.

Between now and then one of the best parts of the documentary is the father of one of the victims who insists these priests not be named 'molesters' but RAPISTS!

They are not 'victimizers!
They are NOT 'molesters'!

THEY ARE RAPISTS!!!

That they are not treated and convicted for what they are is a travesty beyond belief.

peace

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
The sad part about this whole issue is that if Catholic priests were allowed to have sexual relationships, or if women were allowed to become priests (much like protestant ministers), then the problem would all but disappear.

Male-only celibacy is a condition that is just begging for pedophiles to sign up.

Interestingly, the stats don't seem to agree with this generally held belief. The problem would very likely NOT "disappear".

In the past few decades, there have been plenty of ministers from various faiths, that do not require celibacy, and yet they find themselves in the same kinds of trouble.

The ones who got the headlines, the televangelists, etc., were not isolated cases. It seems that those who enter the ministry (regardless of denomination), are not so different from anyone else, on average. They are in the spotlight, so we tend to think about them more than our neighbor, who is on his fourth "wife" (and yet still has a couple girlfriends on the side).

Of course, we do hold some members of society to higher standards (as we should), and the clergy are right in there with others we are supposed to trust, like scout masters or doctors, who we would hope don't take advantage of us when we are at their mercy.

So, sexual "immorality" does seem to be a human condition, and these ministers and priests, and doctors, etc....They're human.

We shouldn't forget this fact, even when horrific crimes are reported. Yes, they should do a better job of living up to their responsibilities, but the fact is, many ministers and priests, DO a great job of living up to pretty high standards. Probably in many cases, standards that most of the rest of us would not even care to attempt to live up to.

After saying all this, I would NOT then conclude that celibacy is "not" a problem. Clearly it is, but this gets into a politically sensitive area. Regarding the all-male Catholic priesthood, we shouldn't be surprised that we run right into the issue of homosexuality. No, not politically correct, but perhaps some precision can help to illuminate the reality beneath the problem.

The term "pedophile" is actually not really representative of the majority of molestation cases involving priests. The large majority of cases involving male-to-male sexual contact involves what is considered today as "normal" homosexual behavior. In only very, very few cases are pre-pubescent children involved. The molested are almost always vulnerable teenagers. This certainly doesn't make it right, but the whole pedophile thing is a misrepresentation of the reality. Historically, most societies have considered puberty as a natural dividing line, and legitimate psychology also recognizes this natural division.

This problem of homosexuals in ministry isn't helped when the whole of society has collectively decided to "normalize" formerly forbidden behaviors. Homosexuality, formerly classed (before 1970) as a "deviation" by the mental health profession, is today simply considered a life-style choice.

Of the various institutions that would prove most vulnerable to this tectonic shift in societal attitudes, the all-male Catholic priesthood it would seem has won first-prize in vulnerability.

People who look into this matter do in fact find significant changes occurring in the hierarchy of the Church that correspond very well with homosexual leadership.

Pope Paul VI (Montini) was probably the most "notorious" homosexual pope of the recent past. All Rome knew of his long-term red-haired boyfriend (who was an actor). During his reign, the entire system was compromised by the old-fashioned cronyism that had always been in place, but now gave way to high-level appointments to like-minded bishops.

The more "liberal" bishops that were selected by Montini didn't have to be homosexuals themselves, but many were quite "tolerant", and plenty more were practicing homosexuals too.

These were the "Shepherds" that were responsible for the selection and formation of priests. The seminaries, around the world, became so "infested" with the homosexual culture, that many have written about their inability to complete their seminary education, simply because they found themselves in such a small minority (as heterosexual seminarians).

Perhaps some Catholics imagine this is all propaganda against them? In the US, there are many seminaries that are almost exclusively homosexual today. One of considerable note is St. John's in the Diocese of Los Angeles, California, led by Archbishop Mahoney. This "seminary" is universally known as the "Pink Palace", for very good reason.

Benedict XVI (Ratzinger) is almost certainly a homosexual, and his earliest appointments seem to have proved it. For those who live in the San Francisco area, the name of Msgr. Robert McElroy might ring a bell. Before then, Archbishop John Quinn was leading the parade so-to-speak on homosexual adoption of children. Polish Archbishop Paetz, former communist informant, and personal friend of Ratzinger, is virtually an open homosexual, who maintains a lavish apartment very near to his good friend Ratzinger. Paetz's seminary in Poland ranks right up there with the LA Pink Palace. Another indication of a shift, the official Roman newspaper now has regular articles praising homosexuals like Oscar Wilde and Michael Jackson (that didn't happen under JPII). I'm not saying this is necessarily a "bad" thing, but it does seem to indicate a shift in policy.

Long post, I know, but this is a controversial topic, and I think we do ourselves a disservice by playing into the mostly false media characterization of priestly pedophilia, only to protect the politically sensitive part of the issue, that is, a very gay culture that now runs the Church, from "top to bottom", no pun intended!

JR

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is an old joke I heard a long time ago. I like language, so I thought it was funny.
(Mods remove if off topic)

"A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand. He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript.

So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up. In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son." So, he goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years.

Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot. So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing, "We missed the "R", we missed the "R". His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.

The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?" With a choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was CELEBRATE!"

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by brill
As much as I despise the church in all aspects I despise those who continue to support and fund it even more. With the thousands of cases revealed involving pedophilia how can any rational person actually believe there is any sense of decency to come from this organization. To abuse the trust and love of children is the ultimate betrayal, yet the vatican seems to take more pride and joy in the fact that they can call the shots and maintain an image.It would seem clear that a life of celibacy is just extending opportunity for these closet rapists.

Good article OP let's hope more and more people see through all the lies the church states as truth and the better life.

brill

This goes the same for schools that have have had tons of these kinds of cases... Why do we keep sending our chidren to school?

I don't believe the numbers are nearly as bad as they are via the catholic church. I would argue in the school scenario many are rightfully prosecuted. The church just seems to sweep the problem under the carpet and re-assign priests to other parishes or locations. The fact is the church is allegedly viewed as the pinnacle of trust, at least that's one of the many lies they spew. Yet when confronted with the massive numbers they appear to hold themselves above their victims. To your point, sure this happens at schools. It would be very interesting to see the number of schools that practice religion regularly, name catholicism, in terms of abuse numbers.

brill

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join