It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Librivox Free Audio - The Book of the Damned - Charles Fort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
For those interested in the history of the paranormal, Charles fort wrote this book back in 1919. To quote from this link on wiki ,

The Book of the Damned was the first published nonfiction work of the author Charles Fort (first edition 1919). Dealing with various types of anomalous phenomena including UFOs, strange falls of both organic and inorganic materials from the sky, odd weather patterns, the possible existence of creatures generally held to be mythological, disappearances of people under strange circumstances, and many other phenomena, the book is historically considered to be the first written in the specific field of anomalistics.

While he's hard to read for some and probably harder to listen to for others.. this is the lazy mans way of "reading" this very interesting book. If you can get past his philosophical outbursts; this pioneering gem is worthy of absorbing for skeptic and believer alike.

enjoy public domain at it's best
[url=http://librivox.org/book-of-the-damned-by-charles-fort/] --> Linky

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have listened to some of this in the past. it is very interesting, and definately a premier historical text on the paranormal. However, I do feel that we have come a long way in science (but, not very far in true understanding) since 1919, and much of this is outdated for obvious reasons. Who's modern books are worth a read? Any ATSers feel that there is a modern author that is ahead of the pack when it comes to understanding? I am not talking about Sylvia Brown. Just kidding, i highly doubt that many of you believe her ramblings.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Thank you for the link.

I look forward to listening to it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Not a prob..
he definitely doesn't like the establishment

b

new topics