It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Easter!!! or should i say Eostre?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TattooedWarrior

The date for the Spring Equinox is on a different day each year and by attaching the story of Jesus death to this festival this has resulted in Easter day being on a different day/date every year. So there you have it - Jesus birth is celebrated at the WINTER SOLTICE and correspondingly his death is celebrated at the SPRING EQUINOX.

You are right about these being based on Pagan festivals but I believe you are incorrect about the solstice/equinox which is always the same day every year.

The reason for the movable date of easter is because it based based on the first full moon after the vernal equinox. (url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter]Wiki[/url])

The reason for this is actually to do with planting seed I believe and is therefore rooted deep in the farmer roots of society as opposed to the hunter/gatherer roots. Most agricultural timings are/were driven by the moon.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brizellious

oh dude, the uneducated christians LOVE shooting messengers of truth!!!!!!!!

they have never been anywhere or done anything and yet they know everything. except

WHO WROTE THE BIBLE
WHO EDITED THE BIBLE NUMEROUS TIMES
WHAT BOOKS WERE AROUND HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THE BIBLE OR JESUS
EPIC OF GILGAMESH
GREEK MYTH
and on and on....

yet they want others to "know the word" in order to "be saved".. yet they will literally do the whole HANDS OVER EARS, EYES CLOSED, "LALALALALALA" at the hint of ANYTHING which in any way DOES NOT AGREE with what they "know"

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Sorry, but through the confines of cyberspace I could not see much humor there.
It just seems to me that this is an informative post about the origins of modern rituals, and all you had to say were simple minded comments that neither added to the discussion nor debated what was being said.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join