It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump now trashes Jerry Seinfeld

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is an example of how divided the left and right are. They have become too intolerant of the other side, like cults. The truth is that both Trump and Seinfeld are...

edit on 24-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

"Donald Trump now trashes Jerry Seinfeld" ... "not that there's anything wrong with that."

Jerry: "I don't know if I feel comfortable handing out baloney sandwiches in the building."

The Donald: "You're fired!"

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sienfeld doesn't want to be seen in the same company as Trump as all Trump does is attack. Trump has yet to provide adequate proof of his Birther stance.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Trump can't handle criticism. Say anything bad about Trump and he'll go for the throat. That isn't something I would like to see in a president. He thinks too highly of himself and likes to brag about how much money he has. If he does run, he's going to be criticized a lot, and if he can't be calm under pressure than maybe he should think twice before running. What he needs to understand, is he won't be negotiating for investment property, but with people of various cultures and ideologies. If he can't stay calm because someone says something he doesn't like, more countries will hate us.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Trump can't handle criticism. Say anything bad about Trump and he'll go for the throat. That isn't something I would like to see in a president. He thinks too highly of himself and likes to brag about how much money he has. If he does run, he's going to be criticized a lot, and if he can't be calm under pressure than maybe he should think twice before running. What he needs to understand, is he won't be negotiating for investment property, but with people of various cultures and ideologies. If he can't stay calm because someone says something he doesn't like, more countries will hate us.

True, and the old addage more then applies here, "If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen". Trump attacks when his stances are threatened and critiqued and as you said and I fully agreee, a POTUS is to be thick skinned and be able to take alot of hits, something Trump knows nothing about.

He cannot handle the truth, a gloater is someone we clearly do not need now or ever. He has not offered up one stance or proposed one new, original idea but continue the TP GOP mantra.
edit on 24-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Even though i am no fan of Jerry, i highly doubt he was being serious in that clip.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Idiots. Seinfeld was joking on Larry King. He appeared on LK many times after that and they had a running joke about his "ripping" of LK.

ATS sometimes is the lowest common denominator when it comes to emotional reactions.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Sinnthia

Maybe Jerry Seinfeld should not have used a charity event to play politics of his own?

I fail to see how he did. Trump is the one that made this into some publicity thing. Trump is the one that made this all public. Jerry made sure the charity got their money and declined to be part of a show including what he considers ignorant and damaging rhetoric.

I am lost at how people are so quick to trash Jerry and praise Trump when if Trump had not been running around talking smack, he would not be polarizing people and making enemies thush scaring people away from putting on a comedy show in his honor. Perhaps Jerry saw that trainwreck of a roast and just realized that was not the kind of unfunny, mindless, incest joke, crap that fit with his act as well.

He has the right to not do a show. It is not like he screwed the charity out of anything and he did not go out and make it a public statement, Trump did. So who was playing politics with Eric's charity event? I would go with the guy that ran to the news with his open letter to Jerry.

If Trump can run around spouting ignorant lies, Jerry can decline to do a show for him. Freedom of Speech. Capitalism. Free market. All that good stuff. I know, it only applies to some, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If Trump can run around spouting ignorant lies, Jerry can decline to do a show for him. Freedom of Speech. Capitalism. Free market. All that good stuff. I know, it only applies to some, right?

All that only applies to people of the same political spectrum as the people demanding those rights...the second they are on the other side, they turn into sub-humans with no rights

Just goes to show how good they are at dividing the country, people completely forget about basic freedoms

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Cant blame him for bashing Jerry.......I mean come one, its Seinfeld?

Jerry is an idiot.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Cue: Whereweheaded to further prove your point.

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Cant blame him for bashing Jerry.......I mean come one, its Seinfeld?

Jerry is an idiot.

What a great argument. Considering all the business Jerry bankrupted and all.

Seinfeld Networth $3.2 Billion.
Trumps?

"My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feeling,"
But surely it is like $7 or $8 Billion like he says, right?

Mr. Trump was asked whether he has ever exaggerated in statements about his properties. "I think everybody does," he said in the deposition. "Who wouldn't?"
Oh, well that changes everything. But, you own all those buildings that people claim you do not own, right?

"Because this is such a strong licensing agreement that I consider it to be a form of ownership," Mr. Trump said. "I'd rather have this than own the building," he said. Moments later he said: "I would say that it could be interpreted to be a form of ownership in the building."
link
Oh, you do not understand the difference between owning something and not owning something? Pure Sheenius!
edit on 25-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Precisely.

Trump's version of ownership is, well, tantamount to a couple who had purchased a home on credit they never should have gotten, in a climate that was overinflated without hope of ever making enough income to ever pay the mortgage off in their lifetime, and calling themselves homeowners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join