It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethying Near To The Sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
hello i will make it short

actualy i was curious about all this thread about the sun and his compagnon and i don't know what to think about
i'v read many passionate thread about that subject and seriously i still don't know what to think...
but i found that video today from a russian who had made a video i guess with his cell phone of the sun and you can see next to it there is a spot... please don't tell me it's a flare, i think many of you know how lens flare are and how it work...and flare don"t stay a the same point .

for those who don"t know a link
www.cambridgeincolour.com...

maybe edited but i doubt ....i work for entairtement i use 3ds max and affter effect all the time i use that programe to make lens flare
www.videocopilot.net...

and i know and specialy if you want edite a video from a cell phone you will figure it out very fastly.

maybe the cell phone lens ?

now i could not tell i was just suprise maybe you have an idea ?

edit on 23-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/23/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would have to agree with you, it doesn't look like a lens flare. It looks like a second sun, literally. Only it's a bit blue. I have seen other videos showing this effect. Not sure how it is produced or if it is something really up there.

A little further into the video, it looks like the object is in front of the clouds.
edit on 23-4-2011 by RainboStar because: n/a

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

It's just an internal reflection in the camera system.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RainboStar

suprising no? i'm not on this nibiru things even if i made some research , but this time i see somethiong near the sun this not my imagination...

link   
thats what happens when you film the sun, or a very bright object. Little orbs which are reflections of it, appear in front of it.

link   
It kind of looks like something that was similar to this video:

worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

ho! the famous stereologist

i'm looking actualy how it could worked but don't find any exemple for the moment

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
very possible that it is the star in the orion constellation that is going supernova...I read something somewhere saying we would be able to see two suns around this time

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Or maybe...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ae6c2026c91.jpg[/atsimg]

Antarctica's Two Suns This image is from the webcam at Neumayer Station Antarctica from around noon today (4/21/11) and it appears to show 2 Suns overtaking the station. I have several Antarctica webcams on my site. --Brad S.

www.coasttocoastam.com...
earthhappens.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

you mean it's a refraction of the sun on the iternal lens of the cell phone ... and Total internal reflection is an optical phenomenon that happens when a ray of light strikes a medium boundary so this is the imitation of the sun light ? i found many article abour Total internal reflection ... i also found a video with the sun and lens flare and internal reflection cause by the strong light of the sun and it look very differente...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Cameras contain lenses. Light entering a camera can be bright enough to reflect inside of the camera. It can reflect off of the film or off of the detector. It can reflect off of the back side of lenses. Better cameras are made with baffles to prevent or minimize internal reflections.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by humpy0067

That makes no sense. Check out the position of the sun right now relative to the background stars.

Here is a hint. Check the horoscope. The current sign is where the sun is located.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Can you show us an image without the intervening building?

Can you show us an image from anywhere else in the world?

It's ridiculous to claim that this event of 2 suns would only be visible form Antarctica.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

ou mean it's a refraction of the sun on the iternal lens of the cell phone

Refraction does not need to be involved. Reflections can account for the issue.

As you are learning, cameras are prone to many problems when photographing bright objects. Cell phones have cheapo cameras in them. They have no internal baffling, cheap lenses, and junky detectors even if they claim a large number of pixels. The use of wide angle lenses allows for a greater depth of field at the expense of lower image quality.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Hi stereologist..let me say I have great respect for your opinions, I have seen many replies given by you and they are good ones, logical ones. Please notice how it says:

and it appears to show

The article is not claiming it is 2 suns, but merely that it appears as 2 suns.

It's ridiculous to claim that this event of 2 suns would only be visible form Antarctica.

Perhaps it is ridiculous..some claim it's the reason for that station down there though..but for purpose of this thread..it makes about as much sense as a vision of the Virgin Mary no?
edit on 23-4-2011 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

i know camera contain lenses...
but i never had this kind of artifact maybe because i use professional camera, i had lens fare and ray, lenses don't like much the sun and we need a special filter, but this one suprise me i never saw something like this, i saw sun dog and reflection of the sun take it frome a window, but this one don"t move and located near the sun, one day i took a picture of the moon and i had a lens flare round has a seconde moon but the reflection was not so close...but i can not argue i don't have appropriate knowledge...my impression is that you have all the answers.. all it's possible even the impossible

edit on 23-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Over the last few weeks I have witnessed the sunrise while walking the dog. Most of the time it's been hazy and I have been able to directly look at and see the outline of the sun. I am glad to say I have only seen one sun. I think all of these reports of a 2nd sun are due the camera lens reflections or just faked. Take everything you see on YouTube with a pinch of salt.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
To me it looks like a pretty normal lense flare.
Nothing else to add...
edit on 24-4-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

The reason people claimed for the South Pole station was to view an object coming directly at the South Pole. They were not claiming anything about looking in the direction of the Sun.

The claim makes about as much sense as seeing Jesus or the Virgin Mary in toast or spaghetti that is certainly true.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

If you own a good camera then you have seen the sides of the optical path that are designed to limit internal reflections. Most of these images are taken through a window where there are reflections inside of the double paned glass or reflections inside of a cheapo camera.

my impression is that you have all the answers

I spend a great deal of time reading and attending lectures to improve my knowledge of the world.

What I find so surprising is that people look at such silly claims as a second sun and cannot figure out for themselves that there is no such second sun. There are lots of videos of wheels appearing to turn backwards and no one is claiming that this actually happens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join