It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does This Make Sense to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
An interesting perspective, I think, on government and how it works. This seems to explain it all.

Peace sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have seen that video,, and makes plenty of since to me ,,

feed the dot (gov suckubis) or face force. failure to comply will result in use of force !

Sure glad taxes are fair, and voluntary !

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think this is as simple as it gets.

I don't understand the logical fallacy of our society sometimes. I just don't.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

The whole world is obsessed with pyramid power structures. We really are so stupid. Pyramid power structure would have worked well in the past, but we have evolved past that stage now. I'm really sick of the way this stupid world works. No wonder it's so broken...we think we can assign some one the president of a country just as like the captain of a sports team. "yay, our leader looks hopeful this time, things are looking up, change is on the way"...

Stupid humans...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker
I have seen that video,, and makes plenty of since to me ,,

feed the dot (gov suckubis) or face force. failure to comply will result in use of force !

Sure glad taxes are fair, and voluntary !

I had never seen this video before i liked how they explained everything i got a chuckle out of it..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific
I think this is as simple as it gets.

I don't understand the logical fallacy of our society sometimes. I just don't.

yes i agree its all so simple how its layed out but look at what society does makes ya wonder..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 211220121111

The whole world is obsessed with pyramid power structures. We really are so stupid. Pyramid power structure would have worked well in the past, but we have evolved past that stage now. I'm really sick of the way this stupid world works. No wonder it's so broken...we think we can assign some one the president of a country just as like the captain of a sports team. "yay, our leader looks hopeful this time, things are looking up, change is on the way"...

Stupid humans...

well we sure didnt get the change we thought we were going to get and things sure arent looking good to me ...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
that video does describe how goverment works

its how congress works and its also how unions work.

aint democracy grand

what a shame we are not a democracy we are a republic.

where the minority cannot hold the majority at gunpoint.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Oh geez. Another thread about how "taxes = theft/evil/tyranny/et al.". Seriously, do you know what I country would look like without any taxes? You people would be the first to complain about a lack of roads or public safety, firemen, health services, basic necessities like electricity, water, and food. The reason citizen pool their money and pay taxes is because certain services would be completely unaffordable if we each had to pay for them as individuals (imagine trying to build your own road, or pay for your own personal fireman) I take it most of you don't even know what your taxes go to pay for and how much each one of you personally benefits from taxes throughout your lifetime (from medicine researched through gov't grants, which is to say, practically all medicine, to public roads, safety and fire services, hospitals, education, etc.) This video is so simplistic in it's "arguments". In fact, I don't think I encountered one "fact" in that entire piece. Let's see, there was the "scary little voice" it uses to animate the "little dot", the "appeal to emotion" type arguments, and of course the repetitive comparisons of the "big huge throng" of people compared to the "little bully dot". Honestly, if people fall for these types of "emotive" based arguments (as opposed to those based on fact/logic/evidence/etc.) then what CAN'T you be convinced of so long as it's got a simple "cute" little animation. Of course the video fails to mention one of the reasons we fought the revolution, which is so we could elect our representatives who would then vote on how taxes are spent (as representatives of "we the people"). This was the idea behind the "no taxes without representation" argument. The founders were not against taxes per say, they were against the fact that as a colony they were not allowed to vote for representatives of Parliament and therefor had no say in how tax money was collected and spent. (source) Of course one could certainly argue that this system has been subverted by lobbying money and corporate bribes...However in this case the solution is not to eliminate taxes, but to end corruption.

Here's a good piece that sums up some of the reasons why, as a civilized society, we have taxes. (here)

However, if you really wish to pay no taxes, there's several countries that might be better for you than this one. In Afghanistan and Albania individuals pay no taxes and taxes are "optional" in Saudi Arabia. If you move to Jamaica or Bosnia, the most you would ever have to pay is 5%. In Bulgaria and Kazakhstan the max is 10%, and Belarus the max is 12%! Woohoo! Isn't that enough to make you want to pack up and move to Saudi Arabia? Afghanistan? Bulgaria? Anyone? No? Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
that video does describe how goverment works

its how congress works and its also how unions work.

aint democracy grand

what a shame we are not a democracy we are a republic.

where the minority cannot hold the majority at gunpoint.

That is how everything seems to work great point..thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by meeneecat
Oh geez. Another thread about how "taxes = theft/evil/tyranny/et al.". Seriously, do you know what I country would look like without any taxes? You people would be the first to complain about a lack of roads or public safety, firemen, health services, basic necessities like electricity, water, and food. The reason citizen pool their money and pay taxes is because certain services would be completely unaffordable if we each had to pay for them as individuals (imagine trying to build your own road, or pay for your own personal fireman) I take it most of you don't even know what your taxes go to pay for and how much each one of you personally benefits from taxes throughout your lifetime (from medicine researched through gov't grants, which is to say, practically all medicine, to public roads, safety and fire services, hospitals, education, etc.) This video is so simplistic in it's "arguments". In fact, I don't think I encountered one "fact" in that entire piece. Let's see, there was the "scary little voice" it uses to animate the "little dot", the "appeal to emotion" type arguments, and of course the repetitive comparisons of the "big huge throng" of people compared to the "little bully dot". Honestly, if people fall for these types of "emotive" based arguments (as opposed to those based on fact/logic/evidence/etc.) then what CAN'T you be convinced of so long as it's got a simple "cute" little animation. Of course the video fails to mention one of the reasons we fought the revolution, which is so we could elect our representatives who would then vote on how taxes are spent (as representatives of "we the people"). This was the idea behind the "no taxes without representation" argument. The founders were not against taxes per say, they were against the fact that as a colony they were not allowed to vote for representatives of Parliament and therefor had no say in how tax money was collected and spent. (source) Of course one could certainly argue that this system has been subverted by lobbying money and corporate bribes...However in this case the solution is not to eliminate taxes, but to end corruption.

Here's a good piece that sums up some of the reasons why, as a civilized society, we have taxes. (here)

However, if you really wish to pay no taxes, there's several countries that might be better for you than this one. In Afghanistan and Albania individuals pay no taxes and taxes are "optional" in Saudi Arabia. If you move to Jamaica or Bosnia, the most you would ever have to pay is 5%. In Bulgaria and Kazakhstan the max is 10%, and Belarus the max is 12%! Woohoo! Isn't that enough to make you want to pack up and move to Saudi Arabia? Afghanistan? Bulgaria? Anyone? No? Hmmm.

sheesh meeneecat
That sounds like a rant..Im sure we all know were our taxes go i sure do..I just thought it was a neat video to watch on our goverment and it did explain it very clear to me i thought it had a bit of humor also

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yeah, except it doesn't explain anything. It's basically just an "appeal to emotion" type argument. Maybe that's cool for some people, but I tend to prefer arguments and explanations based more on facts/evidence/science/data. And yes, sometimes I wonder if people really do know where their tax dollars go to when they advocate for eliminating taxes and then at the same time go out and:
-use a hospital that takes public funds (practically all of them),
-drive on public roads,
-use public airwaves (t.v., radio),
-eat food that was inspected by fda,
-use medicine that was developed with gov't research grants,
-send their kids to public school,
-use the services of police/firemen, and so forth and so on.

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by meeneecat

Yeah, except it doesn't explain anything. It's basically just an "appeal to emotion" type argument. Maybe that's cool for some people, but I tend to prefer arguments and explanations based more on facts/evidence/science/data. And yes, sometimes I wonder if people really do know where their tax dollars go to when they advocate for eliminating taxes and then at the same time go out and:
-use a hospital that takes public funds (practically all of them),
-drive on public roads,
-use public airwaves (t.v., radio),
-eat food that was inspected by fda,
-use medicine that was developed with gov't research grants,
-send their kids to public school,
-use the services of police/firemen, and so forth and so on.

Just sayin'

Im sure they know enough comes out of there paycheck and what we pay out right now the state im in is broke they cant even afford to fix the roads we drive on but i do understand your arguement..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

Nice diatribe cat.You don't seem to be bothered by those so called elected representatives
picking your pocket every payday, but I and millions of Americans do.You miss the point of
this thread. We are talking about Federal income taxes. Nobody denies the fact that we need local infrastructure, but when it comes to billions of American dollars squandered on usless pork barrel projects and foreign aid, then it is time to hold those representitives responsible for their actions. If you ran your household the same way that the federal government runs this country, you wouldn't last a week.The taxpayers of this country have been overburdened for decades. They have cut as much as their budgets can allow and are barely able to provide the basic neccesities for their families. The working class of this country are tired of seeing their hard earned money go to those who can't get up off of there collective butts and take care of themselves. Nobody denies that some people, through no fault of their own, need help but the American taxpayer is overburdened and has nothing left to give.Thanks for the liberal rant. I have to go to work now to pay for some more goodies for the E generation.
Have a nice day!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
reply to post by meeneecat

Nice diatribe cat.You don't seem to be bothered by those so called elected representatives
picking your pocket every payday, but I and millions of Americans do.You miss the point of
this thread. We are talking about Federal income taxes. Nobody denies the fact that we need local infrastructure, but when it comes to billions of American dollars squandered on usless pork barrel projects and foreign aid, then it is time to hold those representitives responsible for their actions. If you ran your household the same way that the federal government runs this country, you wouldn't last a week.The taxpayers of this country have been overburdened for decades. They have cut as much as their budgets can allow and are barely able to provide the basic neccesities for their families. The working class of this country are tired of seeing their hard earned money go to those who can't get up off of there collective butts and take care of themselves. Nobody denies that some people, through no fault of their own, need help but the American taxpayer is overburdened and has nothing left to give.Thanks for the liberal rant. I have to go to work now to pay for some more goodies for the E generation.
Have a nice day!!!

Great post Leo that about says it all ! and we are overburdened so many people loseing there homes the price of food is crazy the american paycheck cant be streched any further the poor get poorer the rich get richer that how i see it ..we have people right here in the usa going hungry and we spend billions on foreign aid and cant feed our own its very sad...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I believe this video holds even more importance considering the implications of what happened yesterday. This "show" that politicians in every country around the world is putting on to subject the masses to fear in order to control us is getting more extravegant than ever. Who knows what they will pull out of the hat next, but hey, if you remember this video, we can easily overtake them at anytime. Power has always been an illusion, I cannot wait for the majority to have that veil lifted over their eyes.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by higns07
I believe this video holds even more importance considering the implications of what happened yesterday. This "show" that politicians in every country around the world is putting on to subject the masses to fear in order to control us is getting more extravegant than ever. Who knows what they will pull out of the hat next, but hey, if you remember this video, we can easily overtake them at anytime. Power has always been an illusion, I cannot wait for the majority to have that veil lifted over their eyes.

What a good post higns07
I dont know what there next move will be but im sure there is one up there sleeve time will tell..I think that veil is being lifted but slowly and people are starting to become aware..thank you so much for posting

top topics

join