It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cigarette pack defied the laws of gravity last night. Pics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Also, at second look at your picture, the box is bowed. You say you slammed it down, and your pictures are consistent with that.

The odds are not that great (but you are right, it is a fluke, and not something defying gravity). But it can happen. And does happen. And will happen. Especially with this type of box.

A full pack of smokes will not cause the box to bow. I didn't squeeze them and I'm not sure how you can see a bowed box. But thanks for the thought

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

nice, but i could say the same about your picture then couldn't I? Take it for what it is. BTW, what's with the crease along the center of the lid on yours? Manipulate it much?
edit on 23-4-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Looks like the trusty grinder behind the bag.

I got a good belly laugh from your reply.

I have done many similar things.

I just never tried to pass it off as paranormal,

In front of the "Worlds Biggest Debunker Network".

reply to post by grindhouzer

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
With the correct balance and displacement you can get anything to stand up.

Check out this pic as an example

Bowling balls

Ive seen this done on Ripleys believe it or not with only 1 ball at the base but couldnt find the image on google
Have also seen examples with rocks, pencils and eggs

Not saying its not cool, Im just saying is not mysterious or supernatural.

Thanks for the post dude

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
HAHA wow.....what a claim...and yet nothing to back it up....great

Its easily done, as the other member proved

Nothing paranormal, things balancing is far from paranormal.

link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Also, at second look at your picture, the box is bowed. You say you slammed it down, and your pictures are consistent with that.

The odds are not that great (but you are right, it is a fluke, and not something defying gravity). But it can happen. And does happen. And will happen. Especially with this type of box.

A full pack of smokes will not cause the box to bow. I didn't squeeze them and I'm not sure how you can see a bowed box. But thanks for the thought

Slamming a box down on a counter WILL cause the box to bow. It is visible in your pictures.

Bottom line is, again, gravity is not being defied here. A box is balancing on the surface area of its corner.

link   
reply to post by Nobama

just bumping my post, because this is exactly the same effect, it's nothing weird at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ya that's pretty cool. I wonder how long it took to set that up

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
definitely a weird way for smokes to land, indeed the odds are astronomical. Come to think of it, my boyfriend has a really odd video he took at his house while eating, he had a spoon that just started balancing itself and rock back and forth by itself for over 30 seconds.. i wonder if i could talk him into letting me post it =p

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

nice, but i could say the same about your picture then couldn't I? Take it for what it is. BTW, what's with the crease along the center of the lid on yours? Manipulate it much?

The crease on the lid has to do with the package being in my pocket, and had nothing to do with it standing on edge.

It's a simple hoax, that took less than a minute to create. And I assume you know exactly how I did it, judging by your pictures.
edit on 23-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I think your the one admitting to a hoax there partner lol. It was a fluke that is defying physics, and I have already stated that. So what are you going on about?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I think your the one admitting to a hoax there partner lol. It was a fluke that is defying physics, and I have already stated that. So what are you going on about?

Ok,You're still making false claims, so lets try this from a different angle....

Care to explain what part of physics is being defied?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Yes, that was my whole point. To show how easy it is done. Although I never made a thread claiming it to be something paranormal.

I posted it, to show how easy it is to hoax. Yes, mine was fake, I never claimed otherwise.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Ok,You're still making false claims, so lets try this from a different angle....

It was one shot in a million that they ended up like that. I'm sure if you spent the time and patience trying to balance it, it would be no biggie. But that isn't what happened. Dude, why are you being so anal?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Did you even read the first sentence in the OP? And the difference between you and me is, I didn't try. So again, your point?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

It was one shot in a million that they ended up like that. I'm sure if you spent the time and patience trying to balance it, it would be no biggie. But that isn't what happened. Dude, why are you being so anal?

So, then, are you admitting now that it does NOT defy the laws of physics? Just that it was a fluke?

Im not being anal, I'm calling out your blatantly false claims, and pointing out the contradiction of what you are claiming...how can it be defying a law of physics yet still be able to be duplicated?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

well i cant say it didnt happen, as ive seen a can of beer shuffle across a table once.

but a 2 year old could recreate that pic quite easily.
i beleive you though

I think you may be undermining how difficult it would be to recreate this in the manor that it occurred.

Heh, perchance the packet dropped into something like a well placed grain of rice?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by grindhouzer

Riiiiight. And if I'm just seeing things, then so are you.

I think you might have been a little bit Stoned last night dude....

"woah man, check it out....my ciggy pack is fully like....floating on its edge"
(simultanious) "WOOOOOOAH"

"Its like fully...defiying the laws of gravity dude, Quick! get your phone out and take pics and videos man, we are gonna get sooooo many stars and flags on ATS with this sh*t!!"

Unfortunatly, your cigarette packet is not flying around the room, and Boncho has already duplicated your pics.

I see a FAIL
edit on 23-4-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Because your explanation about a bowed box is bogus. There is nothing wrong with the box.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Because your explanation about a bowed box is bogus. There is nothing wrong with the box.

Oh good lord. So you cant explain what law of physics is being defied. You wont admit that the flat edge of the box makes this easier. You wont admit that it can be duplicated, fairly easily.....what a joke.

But you are going to call ME bogus.

I guess you're right, an easily duplicated, easily explained phenomena MUST mean that the laws of physics are being defied.

I think the earlier theory about the little baggy was right on the money here....
edit on 23-4-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join