It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The absolute truth about the democratic party!! Greatest scam in the history of US politics.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama is aware that the democratic party is actually the Party that supported slavery. Started the Civil War. Tried to settle make peace with the South with a deal that would have divided our country into two. This party Countless times has tried to destroy the US. After the civil war. They had to change the name of their party they were so hated through out the united states. google the democratic party during the civil war see for your self.

They want the american people on welfare, that way they can control you. The Republican party isn't much better. But when someone opposes them they don't simply make up lies about the people that opposes them. the latest. That republicans don't want women to get their breasts examined. Thats why they couldn't pass the budget supposedly. DON"T FALL FOR DIRTY POLITICS LIKE THE LAST ELECTION!!!

Raised gas prices and got the news out of the blue to say over and over how bad our economy is. Well the stock market is all about consumer confidence. They crushed the real estate market by doing this. How much money did you all lose???. All to win an election. After the election for NO REASON gas prices go right back down. That's how smart the American people, and look at our country now. Are you all gonna fall for it AGAIN? Another four years? Are you kidding me?

www.syracuse.com

edit on 4/23/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Is this really what ATS is becoming?

Obama's an alien, this politician is a shill, that politician is a Nazi. Tea Party is this, democrats are that.

I thought this was a conspiracy site, not the Huffington Post.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

this topic has been brought up time and time agian but it will still fall on deaf ears

kudos tho

they will never believe anything negative about their own party never man.

but there are alot of us out here that know the truth of it all

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes the democrats have quite a few things they've done that they shouldn't be proud of. I'm finishing up my degree in history and some things came as a shock to even me but it's not fair to lump them all into one category just like they shouldn't do with republicans.

They may have been on the pro-slavery side but there were many northerners who sympathized with them and vice-versa.

Many may be surprised to know that republicans were actually more involved with the advancement of the Civil Rights movement than the democrats were. Even the beloved Kennedy didn't want to be bothered with it and only took action during the Free Riders because in his own words, "those troublesome negro's are making us look bad in our dealings with Kruschev."

He basically couldn't argue his position of wanting to surround Russia with nuclear missles on the grounds of human rights while his own country was in upheavel so he was forced to take action. He would have preferred to let the states deal with it on their own.

Only after his death and the ball had already been put in motion did the democrats pick up the mantle of Civil Rights Reformers.

link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
I wonder if Obama is aware that the democratic party is actually the Party that supported slavery. Started the Civil War. Tried to settle make peace with the South with a deal that would have divided our country into two. This party Countless times has tried to destroy the US. After the civil war. They had to change the name of their party they were so hated through out the united states. google the democratic party during the civil war see for your self.

Haha, not a single thing in your above paragraph is true, even the vaunted scholars at Wikipedia disagree....

In 1854, despite strong protest, the main Democratic leader in the Senate, Stephen A. Douglas of Illinois, pushed through the Kansas-Nebraska Act. Although it was not the initial purpose of the act, it established that settlers could vote to decide to allow or not allow slavery. Against the backdrop of the slavery issue, a major re-alignment took place among voters and politicians, with new issues, new parties, and new rules. The Whig Party dissolved entirely. While the Democrats survived, many northern Democrats (especially Free Soilers from 1848) joined the newly established Republican Party.[13] Buchanan, a Northern "Doughface" (his base of support was in the pro-slavery South) split the party on the issue of slavery in Kansas when he attempted to pass a Federal slave code; most Democrats in the North rallied to Stephen A. Douglas, who preached "Popular Sovereignty" and believed that a Federal slave code would be undemocratic.[14]

Link
edit on 23-4-2011 by dontdrinkthewater because: (no reason given)

link   
JerryB08,
I feel lots of frustration vibing from your op. At this point, it's a great thing when people become angry with government and the way things are going. But I believe, in my opinion, that you are blinded by the illusion: The Democratic and Repulican parties have been long since infiltrated by the banks and corporations! We are, today, looking at a One Party system with two different names to confuse the masses. Republicans and Democrats are 2 sides of the same coin. Please move past the bipartisan bickerings and realize that regardless of which party is in power, the same policies and agendas are pursued.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
He's not incorrect. The republicans were the abolishinists and the democrats were pro-slavery. They pushed through that act because it was a compromise. They wouldn't go against the south and openly declare that slavery was wrong.

To say democrats were not pro-slavery is just plain silly. Any college history book will show this to you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sorry OP. The greatest scam in the history of US politics is that people still
think there is a difference between Republicans and Democrats. Both are betraying
us on an equal basis. They answer to someone, but its not the American
people. Fortunately, more and more people are starting to wake up to the truth about
American politics. There is no difference between our Republican and Democrat politicians.
Hopefully you will see your way through that BS as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Sorry OP. The greatest scam in the history of US politics is that people still
think there is a difference between Republicans and Democrats. Both are betraying
us on an equal basis. They answer to someone, but its not the American
people. Fortunately, more and more people are starting to wake up to the truth about
American politics. There is no difference between our Republican and Democrat politicians.
Hopefully you will see your way through that BS as well.

If there was no difference they wouldn't have separate names. There is actually quite a big difference between the two as you can see in the current budget debates. How you can say there is no difference is just silly.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yes, and if you actually read what I posted, you will see that the Kansas-Nebraska Act caused an entire realignment in the political parties existing at the time, which included many Northern Democrats who joined the NEWLY FORMED Republican party. Those who were progressive enough to see that slavery was wrong left the "Democrats" as they were known at the time.

I can see the difficulty in trying to reason with people who believe a logical fallacy so egregious as "there were 'democrats' back then who supported slavery, so that must mean the 'democratic' party today is the exact same thing". The names are recycled throughout American history, the values the parties hold change over generations.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You can't make everyone happy all of the time. So they have "two separate parties" shouting arbitrary arguments to appease the two sides of the fence. Group A is happy while in power, then Group B gets a turn. They argue up and down about irrelevant issues to polarize the masses, then when it comes down to domestic and foreign policy the SAME direction and agenda is pursued. Then while pursuing the same agenda which us "common folk" do not agree with, the "two parties" can take turns blaming each other to lessen the blame, while the entire time pursuing the same goals; different means, same end. Very clever trick.

Democrats + Rebublicans = Two sides of the same coin

edit on 4/23/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontdrinkthewater
reply to post by kro32

Yes, and if you actually read what I posted, you will see that the Kansas-Nebraska Act caused an entire realignment in the political parties existing at the time, which included many Northern Democrats who joined the NEWLY FORMED Republican party. Those who were progressive enough to see that slavery was wrong left the "Democrats" as they were known at the time.

I can see the difficulty in trying to reason with people who believe a logical fallacy so egregious as "there were 'democrats' back then who supported slavery, so that must mean the 'democratic' party today is the exact same thing". The names are recycled throughout American history, the values the parties hold change over generations.

Fine you may argue that this was the turning point. Look before this period and tell me what party supported slavery and which was against. The whigs were basically republican in case you didn't know. You will find it is the democrats who promoted slavery since they were known as the party of Jefferson.

It's like someone from the south trying to argue that the civil war wasn't about slavery, just pointless.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

There is no point or logical reasoning in arguing the past of the parties or their foundations. The past is long gone and those "two separate parties" have both been infiltrated and overrun by banksters and corporate leeches pursuing interests outside that of the common people.

Republicans made an oil war in Iraq.
Democrats made an oil war in Libya.
Inflation has continued unappeased regardless of party.
Rights have been stripped under both parties.

Get over the bipartisan bickering. The two party system is a sham, an illusion, and an outright lie.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I agree that their views in the past should remain there and has no bearing on them today, but I do like to correct people especially in regards to history.

We do have a 2 party system and whether you like the political influence corporations have or not, it is not fair to say they run everything as they most certainly do not.

A simple problem with people who say that is this, what if 2 separate yet equally powerful corporations were on the different sides of a particular issue? Everyone assumes that coporate america is one complete entity when in fact they are extremely competitive.

More often than not it's the politicians playing them off of one another so the politicians do have plenty of control.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bush / Republicans:
• Saddam Hussein halted oil sales to the West for one week in support of Palestinians, USA then invades for the lie of liberation.
• Patriot Act which stripped rights
• DHS, TSA, and FEMA created to oppress us.
• Creating worthless paper with the Federal Reserve to devalue the U.S. Dollar

Obama / Democrats:
• Gaddafi said he would only sale oil to China, Russia, and India, USA then invades with the lie of humanitarianism.
• Obama enforces and builds upon the Patriot Act, DHS, TSA, and FEMA.

What's the difference!!!!???

We can sit here and argue gay marriage, gay rights, abortion, whites versus minorities, liberals versus conservatives, and any non sense pertaining to the bipartisan bickering!!! But do those things ACTUALLY change the world or our standards of living!!!? NOOOO!!!! But the wars, and economy, and rights, and freedoms do... and BOTH parties are against the core interests of the common man in favor of the corporations, the Fed, the Bank for International Investments, Trilateral Commission, and Council for Foreign Relations runs the whole show by BOTH parties.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
A simple problem with people who say that is this, what if 2 separate yet equally powerful corporations were on the different sides of a particular issue? Everyone assumes that coporate america is one complete entity when in fact they are extremely competitive.

I would love to see one example of this.

Every single corporation involved in the oil business wants the same thing - easy access to the resource and no environmental regulation. What corporation is on the other side of that equation, and if so, how could they possibly compete with the companies that make the most money on the planet? Also, every corporation in the agribusiness, retail, etc. wants cheap oil to both produce their goods and later transport them cheaply across the world, so they implicitly support the agenda of Big Oil.

Every single coproration involved in the health care and pharmaceutical industry wants the same thing - expensive tests, chronic diseases, regulation preventing non-patented cures from being used. For example, did you know that, according to the journal of orthomolecular medicine, some researches have had success curing cancer with a series of simple high dose injections of Vitamin C? What coporation is on the other side of this, able to compete with this companies and get information like this out there?" Why do Doctors trying to use these methods have to move their offices to Mexico?

What "equally powerful" corporations are on the other sides of these issues?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Bush / Republicans:
• Saddam Hussein halted oil sales to the West for one week in support of Palestinians, USA then invades for the lie of liberation.
• Patriot Act which stripped rights
• DHS, TSA, and FEMA created to oppress us.

Obama / Democrats:
• Gaddafi said he would only sale oil to China, Russia, and India, USA then invades with the lie of humanitarianism.
• Obama enforces and builds upon the Patriot Act, DHS, TSA, and FEMA.

What's the difference!!!!???

We can sit here and argue gay marriage, gay rights, abortion, whites versus minorities, liberals versus conservatives, and any non sense pertaining to the bipartisan bickering!!! But do those things ACTUALLY change the world or our standards of living!!!? NOOOO!!!! But the wars, and economy, and rights, and freedoms do... and BOTH parties are against the core interests of the common man in favor of the corporations, the Fed, the Bank for International Investments, Trilateral Commission, and Council for Foreign Relations runs the whole show by BOTH parties.

Quoted for truth. Both parties are a damn scam, they bicker over BS that doesn't even really matter in the grand scheme of things, while giving their buddies lucrative contracts and making themselves richer. Both parties started wars, for nothing other than economic purposes. Both parties erode our rights.

Republicans are turds painted one color, democrats are turds painted another color. They are both smelly crap when you get down to it though.
edit on Sat, 23 Apr 2011 20:05:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
wait someone hasn't opened up a history book

woodrow wilson and the democrats created the federal reserve.

and the democrats have not even tried to repeal the patriot act and they have extended its intrusiveness.

just a few points of contention i have with that post.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When you say say there are not two corporations going against each other you bring up 2 examples where there was no one on the other side but do you honestly think that the drug company's and oil company's comprise the whole corporate world?

I don't feel like doing your homework for you but just google corporation vs. corporation lawsuits 2010 and see the list you come up with. All these people compete for the ear of politicians the same way that unions or environmental groups or groups like AARP do.

Corporate america certainly doesn't have a lock on influence when it comes to how politicians vote.

And as far as democrats and republicans being the same they are not. Democrats certainly wouldn't have done the same things Bush did in regards to Iraq..that makes them different.

Republicans certainly wouldn't have pushed through a health care bill like what Obama did...that makes them different....

You could list these differences forever but I think i've made my point

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Not a fan of reply threads like this.

Why?

Because they go no where.

We'll all be hashing out the same arguments in this thread that we have been in the other one.

The democratic party as an institution may be a fraud...But so long as the American people keep voting for the moron that says all the right things and stokes their class warfare notions this problem will continue on BOTH SIDES of the isle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join