It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Evidence Of Consciousness Leap Within The Human Race

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
BF: These are children who can move objects across
the room just by concentrating on them, or they can fill
glasses of water just by looking at them.

Seriously, DNA is supposed to do magic now?

I'm skeptical that a 3rd strand of DNA suddenly allows this too, but if it were true, it would do nothing to call it "magic." As has been wisely said before, any sufficiently advanced technology appears as "magic" to those who have never seen it. The same could be said of unusual or novel human abilities.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Yes, this particular part of the article is pretty...bold. I appreciate your view on magic and perception

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The kid was born blind. How is that a leap forward?

The author of the 2nd article needs to get a degree in biology or genetics before she even begins to speak about matters of genetics. I mean the 2nd article is just like a giant rant with accusations that scientists all over are keeping the fact that people are obtaining extra helices as a big giant secret. Yeah you would keep it a secret...for about 5 seconds.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Although I believe that humanity is on the cusp of some sort of "mind changing" event, I don't think the 3 DNA kid is good evidence of a consciousness leap. I mean the poor child had a lot of problems, he was constantly in and out of hospital and he would even stop breathing at times.

If thats a leap then I don't think I'm gonna jump.

ALS

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yes, it may be confusing. It is said their body will probably get better over time. I guess we'll have to wait and read any new articles coming out on him, even though I doubt any report will go out.

I think many may have been born unnoticed. I mean, do we really check every baby's DNA? This one has been checked because he had health issues. Many may have been born with more than 2 strands of DNA and gone unnoticed, and perfectly healthy.

Who knows, your question has me wondering.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gsup1

Not every baby has its genetic code/DNA checked and analyzed when they are born. Unless you have some serious problems, I think it's pretty rare to be DNA checked.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by gsup1

Not every baby has its genetic code/DNA checked and analyzed when they are born. Unless you have some serious problems, I think it's pretty rare to be DNA checked.

If many babies showed the same symptoms, don't you think they would genotype them to see if there is any mutation?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gsup1

Yes, they probably would. The problem is...mainstream science may think it's an isolated case, and not investigate on the mutation probability, mostly because it would cost a lot of money.

But again, maybe other babies have been born this way, but have been perfectly healthy. Maybe he's the only baby/mutant (lol) to have health problem, then afterwards they noticed his different DNA.

I don't think they will investigate a lot on this. Fact is, TPTB are the ones in control. If it really is coming to a consciousness leap, I don't think we'll hear more of this baby. I may think they would try to make us forget about him.

I know it's a lot of "maybe's" and speculation, but with such a rare condition, I think speculation is legitimate.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I went through a 12 strand activation by a light worker couple of years ago. I wonder if it worked. I definitely feel different.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You are right, I have changed the title to something more accurate.

JingleLord, you are right as well. It could be linked to our brain, simply because we use so little of its capacity as we speak.

Urban legend, I'm afraid. See Snopes (and many other sites) : www.snopes.com...

I believe DNA and the brain are tied together.

Exactly true, but probably not in a way that you may be considering.

Your genetic code does affect the way things are wired in the brain... but that code can be impacted by many other environmental effects. One negative way that genteics affects the brain is the condition called Alzheimers (which is a gene-linked condition); depression is another, but so is the talent for music and math (apparently related to the wiring for spatial and analytic abilities.)

As to "extra DNA", there are a number of people with extra DNA -- extra chromosomes and so forth. In general, they are not "advanced people" (Down's Syndrome is one such condition... many others are fatal within the womb or do not give long term survival.) They have no special abilities in math or anything else, though the men with an extra "y" chromosme tend to be unusually aggressive and violent.

Here's a whole list of currently known chromosomal disorders -- the "T" category (and some of the ones in "C" category) are the ones with extra genetic material. None of them seem to give an advantage (many involve infertility and low IQ) :
en.wikipedia.org...

Descendants of famous people (including inventors, mathematicians, scientists, artists, musicians) show some of the talents of their famous ancestor but if extra chromosomal material gave us an advantage, a significant number of people in the world would already have this gene mutation.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Your genetic code does affect the way things are wired in the brain... but that code can be impacted by many other environmental effects. One negative way that genteics affects the brain is the condition called Alzheimers (which is a gene-linked condition); depression is another, but so is the talent for music and math (apparently related to the wiring for spatial and analytic abilities.)

I just wanted to throw in some research popularized (but not all done personally) by a Dr. Bruce Lipton, a bio-chemist if I remember correctly.

Anyway the point is that while genes influence these things, genes in turn are triggered "on" or "off" by environmental factors. So while everyone may have a "cancer gene" or etc., it's not going to be activated for everyone because not everyone is going to be exposed to the same environmental conditions, for example radiation. So genes/DNA don't have full say in how your body operates, but maybe 50%.

Now what is also interesting in this case, is that "environmental conditions" to your cells in your body also includes stress hormones, or any hormones or other chemicals released by your body, into your bloodstream. These can also trigger cell reactions, which is how things like adrenaline work, but they can also trigger changes in whether or not a gene is presently activated in constructing proteins within a cell.

I guess the way this would relate to the OP, is to show that genes/DNA don't determine everything. In many ways they are simply responding and reacting to what is already going on in your body or other environmental conditions.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
As far as cancer goes, some people have more tumor suppressor genes. This explains why some people who smoke cigarettes most of their life did not get lung cancer.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Psychic abilities are supposedly available with the extra strands of DNA.

Based on what exactly? Who makes that silly claim?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
this thread is an embarrassment. the people who disagree are being given the boot under the shameful guise of open-mindedness. since the intelligent discussion of fact is demonized in this thread, I will keep my remarks brief. no one loves to speculate on these matters more than me...but unfortunately for me, I have a "useless" degree in molecular.biology.

dear op : you are wrong! I don't say that sort of thing too. often around here but in this case. you and the two authors of the articles would be well served to learn a bit about what.you speak. science does not understand as little as you seem to think it does. "shadow DNA"?! yes, I could tell you both what the books say AND my own speculation.....and these would both be more interesting than yours because they are grounded in workable models.

please, I encourage you to take a look at some of my most recent threads.

finally, I can find no-where that claims poor Alfie has a third HELIX. the article says he has a third "arm" on his seventh chromosome. if you had a degree, you would know that those are tow completely different things. please provide authatative evidence of even a single case of triple helix DNA....preferably across their entire genome .... I really would be quite interested.

and please, be gentle with us poor educated dimwits.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Wait...so an abnormal chromosome equals a triple helix DNA?
How exactly?
Far as I know at doesn't.
And if this abhorrent chromosome was a new, viable one and not a defect, I'd be more inclined to believe this would more lead to a possible third gender than I would believe it would lead to some grand "ascension" into super-psychic beings. Wishful thinking and grasping at straws it seems to me.

To whit, a genetic mutation does not mean that you have "The Shining."
More likely just how you react to the microbiology of our world,i.e..being more or less resistant to bacteria, viruses and the like.
edit on 4/25/2011 by dethduck because: Addendum

top topics

<< 1   >>

join