It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Bus Railroad Tracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
One day, on their regular route home from school, a school bus full of children was crossing over the railroad tracks on their way to the next stop when something went wrong and the bus stalled straddling the tracks. As the driver struggled to restart the bus, the train alarm signal started to sound and the children saw a speeding locomotive coming quickly toward them. By the time the driver opened the doors and evacuate the children, the train had arrived, and the children’s screams were drowned out by the screaming whistle and brakes of the deadly train. None of the children on the schoolbus survived that horrible accident.

A few years later, a man was driving down the same road and stalled on the tracks, in much the same way as the bus full of children. Again, the driver struggled as the alarm started to sound, the lights began to blink and the guard bars lowered in front and behind the man’s passive car. Just before impact, the driver could feel the train bearing down on him. He ceased to struggle and squeezed his eyes shut, anticipating the explosive collision. Suddenly it was as if time stood still and everything became quiet. He felt his car somehow move and it was as if he was being pushed to safety, guided off the tracks by an unknown force. When he and his car were out of danger from the oncoming train, suddenly sound and time came back to life and the locomotive barreled past him, just inches from the bumper of his vehicle.

To this day if you put your car in neutral on those tracks and sprinkle some baby powder on the back bumper of your car the children from the bus accident will push your car to safety off of the railroad tracks where they met their untimely fate. You will see small hand prints in the powder of the ghosts of the poor children who died that day.

Source
edit on 4/23/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Edit: Anyone got similar storys? Also does this seem true according to the experts? Or just another Urban Legend?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

They had this on "Paranormal Files: Fact or Faked."
The conclusion they reached was that it was actually an optical illusion due to the surrounding terrain. It appeared that you were coasting(pushed) uphill a bit, but in actuality, it was a downhill grade.
I'll try to see if I can find something about it, but they even mentioned the baby powder so I'm pretty sure it's the same story.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Well way to ruin my fun.
Then again it is a Urban legend so I shoulda known. lol

Edit: I'd still be interested in proof that it's fake and stories that are similar.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, just because that is what they concluded, may not necessarily make it a 100% fact.
Maybe they are paid dis-info-ers?

I haven't read all of this yet, but I'm pretty sure this explains it. Has something to do with the trees.
www.roadsideamerica.com...
edit on 4/23/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Is this about the 7 Angels Railroad Crossing in Fox River Grove, Illinois?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

A couple days ago, I was searching for info about the Oak Island Money Pit, that someone started a thread on. I had never heard of it before and found it quite interesting.

I stumbled upon this site while searching for Oak Island- Yet another 10 unsolved mysteries. I haven't gone anywhere else on this site other than this page, but the 10 mentioned are interesting. I wouldn't mind looking into this one a bit more sometime- 4. The Mysterious Kaspar Hauser.

Anyways, I don't know if those are actually urban legends, but as long as you are not specifically looking for paranormal, then you may find some of it interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well I posted in Paranormal because I sorta was. But hey any urban legend is a good one. But there is a different forum for that.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

We have the same exact story here in San Antonio, Texas. I have been there done that and well its not all its cracked up to be. There are simple explanations for all of it. The first time I went it was spooky, it was late at night and the streets all around are named after the children (it seems) but it was obvious to me nothing pushes you and the " little hand prints" were just old prints on the trunk that the powder had stuck to. The wind blows the loose powder and what's left is the "prints".
During Halloween that place and the abandon insane asylum are the places to be but the cops are always there stopping people and sending them on their way.

I just don't think its anything super natural. But it can be fun and spooky to go at night if you've never done it. I think most people make themselves believe things that aren't really there or happening. I still would LOVE to sneak into that abandon insane asylum one night cuz I know I'd scare the bejez outta myself there. I just don't wanna spend a few hours in jail ( something much scarier to me) for trespass. Lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Haha, guess I should have clicked the source before I replied. I said the same things all the people that replied on your source page said.(well most of them)
I think these things are fun,most people enjoy spooky stuff ,especially on Halloween. So if its a story about ghost children saving you it seems a much less a scary thing to do than something involving something that wants to hurt you.
I always said , on Halloween when tons of cars are lined up waiting to take their turn having the ghost children push their cars, those poor ghost children must get exhausted pushing all those cars for no reason. Lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

One of these days they might decide to not push the car. LOL

Alright I guess we can let this thread die. It was indeed fake.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Sarcasm accepted.

My humble apologies for the gesture.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I didnt mean to come across as sarcastic. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've been to these tacks before, I live in San Antonio.

When I went however there wasn't any hand prints that appeared on the car, but it did move slowly off the track, I believe it may have something to do with the way the spot is angled.

Another thing I find strange about the tracks is when you get out and sit on them, after awhile you get the sensation as if you are falling, then you get light headed (totally sober at this time). Quite the experience, you have to be your own judge on it, don't leave it to other people to make the calls.

Then you have the people who have had hand prints show up on the car, it's really crazy; then again, you are never really there when they claim the hand prints appeared.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
lol. ok. Sorry. I wasn't really sure. Hard to tell sometimes with only typed words. I read it a few times, with mixed results. The sarcasm conclusion just came to me more than the opposing result lol.

reply to post by EL1A5

I can't seem to find this particular story on the official website, but I saw it on the episode, and a search online reveals many forums referring to this. Anyways, it seems that you are basically agreeing with the conclusion that was reached by the SyFy show "Fact Or Faked: Paranormal Files."

Link to random forum mentioning that episode.

Basically, it had something to do with an optical illusion created from the surrounding trees. They said that it appears to be a slight incline leading up to the tracks. They used survey equipment and concluded that it actually is a downhill grade, even though it does not appear that way with your own eyes. I am pretty sure most of the road was actually downhill until a few feet before the tracks. The vehicle had already picked up enough speed that the momentum continued to push the car up the small incline which was right before the tracks.

Sorry if that isn't exact, but I am just going from my memory of the show combined with someone else's memory that I read on that forum. If that makes sense, I am just curious if you agree with that conclusion, since you have actually been there.

Originally posted by EL1A5
Then you have the people who have had hand prints show up on the car, it's really crazy; then again, you are never really there when they claim the hand prints appeared.
I haven't personally tested this theory, but it does seem to make sense. I read on that forum from someone around the area. He said that the baby powder trick is only revealing your own oily handprints left from the many times that you have closed your trunk. He said he saw the handprints, then the last time he went to try it, he washed his car. The vehicle still moved, but no prints.
edit on 4/24/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join