It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

It looks like a training exercise. As you decode it more information reveals itself on how to decoded it futher.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
obviously the NSA is honeypotting all you gullible UFO enthusiasts. You are now all marked as potential helpers when the demonic invasions occurs.

I personally think its a psych operation,, testing the waters.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
www.nsa.gov...

Key ToTheExtraterrestrial Messages
nv H. [~AlII'AIl;N~:
( IlIdll~,.ili,'Ii
Dr. ('lIl11lJlli/:11(' pn'~""/l'fl a serie« uf 29 1III'~~al!",. [mill III1/.'r ,.pan' in
"l-:.rtmt"rf1'strial Int"/Iipl'nn>." NSA Teehnico! Journnl, Vol. X1. Nil. ~,
IIIJ. /11/ If. arid in Ih" Sp,~'ial Ma/hl'matil',' and 1':/1.~i",~'rill.1[ 1~,.'II· of II",
.JfIIlrIllIl, I'll. II i If. '1'111' rlll/owi'JI! artid~ d"'I'I~luJl~ II k,'y til th"IlI' n..'~~a!l"Il,
Parauraph' numlwr.• parallel the serial numbers of the 1II1'••SlII!I'S reprinted
ill /hl' alllll'lIdi.r bt'I,,,,'. This illdlld~s 1/111 ""II' s,'r;,',.--:III lII,d :11'--1111/
illl'llldl'fl ;11 /hl'pn't'illu~ artie/,'.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/23/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was looking around on the interweb and found some information about the topic.
Math at Uky EDU

"``The final statement is the formula for the volume of a sphere with a radius of .0092. As Bell recognized when he gave the answer to his message (Japan Times, January 29, 1960), there is an ambiguity here that could have been avoided only if information about the use of brackets or the order in which arithmetic operations are to be performed had been given previously. The formula suggests that an actual sphere is being described. If the receivers of the message are on a planet in our solar system, they should be clever enough to deduce that the sun's radius is providing the unit of length, and that the radius of the third planet from the sun is .0092 of the sun's radius. The expression therefore gives the volume of the earth and is a sign-off statement indicating the source of the message"

Kinda interesting.

Morpheus~

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

I don't understand what you mean by Verify. To Hoax a US government document or misrepresent it is a Federal Offense. That is a .gov site. If someone hacked into it just to post this, they are already in Prison. They don't even need to chip us computer users, they can locate us in a few seconds, no matter how much it is rerooted.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
obviously the NSA is honeypotting all you gullible UFO enthusiasts. You are now all marked as potential helpers when the demonic invasions occurs.

I personally think its a psych operation,, testing the waters.

Exactly what I thought...lets release fake disclosure documents,pretend they are real for a while,then see who bites,how people/media etc behave.

Then of course we let out the info it was all an innocent exercise.

Valuble NSA data gathered???

Yes,they noticed people didn't freak out on masse for a start.

Oh well,the trial run went smoothly,lets see when its the real deal..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

All you have to ask yourself is why would almost a billion dollars be spent on Seti in the past 20 years, and they are still adding on like crazy, Yet they tell the public they found only one little piece of a WOW message once, but have never located it again. That is BS.

Link www.skyandtelescope.com...

The task is daunting. To begin with, the sky is huge — with 400 billion stars (and possibly as many planets) in our galaxy alone. The radio spectrum is also huge — with roughly 10 billion channels to scan per star, and that's just in the "microwave window" of frequencies that come in best through Earth's atmosphere. The distance any signal has to travel is astronomical — so it will be weakened by an astronomical amount squared. It has been said that SETI is like looking for a needle in a haystack. But if the instruments proposed by this group are built, SETI scientists will stop sifting the hay with spoons; they'll have a pitchfork.

The Future of SETI: www.seti.org...

While SETI experiments have traditionally been carried out by borrowing or buying observing time on massive radio telescopes normally used for conventional astronomical research, that scheme is now changing. In Australia, a major SETI search known as Southern SERENDIP is "piggybacking" on a survey of the galactic plane being made with the Parkes 64 meter telescope, the largest such instrument south of the equator. The SETI search is done simultaneously with the galactic survey work, and thus SETI and conventional radio astronomy can co-exist to make the best use of precious telescope time.

If they haven't recieved a message in 50 years, they would have been shut down long ago.

The scientific Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI), which began with a simple experiment in 1960, is undergoing rapid change. Scientists who participate in this research are more optimistic than ever before that they could find signals from space that would indicate that we're not alone.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The document was released to the public 2004, it is not classified and even says "UNCLASSIFIED", pay more attention.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

WoW interesting.
Hopefully the super computers can come up with some decoding.
Intuitive it seems to me a legit contact and maybe telepathic prowess is
called for here. Though i've not read the pdf yet.
That it was at one time classified, does mean nsa had deciphered it and are now
releasing it to look like a controlled disclosure, who knows.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

The document was released to the public 2004, it is not classified and even says "UNCLASSIFIED", pay more attention.

Hidden in plain sight maybe? If individuals are looking for classified docs it would seem the first thing they would search for is classified docs.. Don't classify it, and many people will not find it.

That is if it was supposed to be hidden in the first place though.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelmass
Well in the PDF it says:

In the most recent issue of the NSA Technical Journal- Vol. XI, No. 1Mr. Lambros D. Callimahos discussed certain aspects of extraterrestrial intelligence and included several messages to test the reader's ingenuity.

So I'm not sure why people is thinking this is about real Alien communications when its clear is all part of a exercise?

I don't see why people are saying that this is "Clearly" an exercise. I don't get that from reading this at all. If it was an exercise, the statement would have read something like, "included several sample messages to test the reader's ingenuity" or something along those lines. The way it was written, using the word "messages" by itself, without a qualifier, the meaning of the sentence is pretty straightforward - they ARE messages from space (sender unknown.)

I find it hard to believe that an agency like the NSA, which prides itself on the accuracy and syntax of its verbiage, would use words that make the meaning of the document ambiguous. After all, deciphering languages and the meaning behind the words in their original form is a big part of what the NSA does.
edit on 4/23/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Interesting indeed. An excercise would indicate that they already know something that we dont and are preparing for when the event does happen. Look at the excercises the rescue services take routinely to make sure there major emergency procedures run like clockwork when the inevitable happens. So why do an excercise? Because they already know they need to be prepared for ET Disclosure day and know already ET exists and is out there or already here.
Something else i have been wondering as well, during the Cold War the BBC had made some pre recorded WW3 alert messages for broadcasting in the event of a nuclear attack. It was all very hush hush until after the end of the Cold War when newsreaders finally spoke about having to make the recordings and were left shaken by the experience. What if the same principle has been done for ET Contact Day? Are there pre recorded messages made in the event it all gets ugly like the Cold War very nearly did on several occasions?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Grasping for straws maybe?

People will cherry pick and see things where nothing exists, because they want to.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by Watts

I don't understand what you mean by Verify. To Hoax a US government document or misrepresent it is a Federal Offense. That is a .gov site. If someone hacked into it just to post this, they are already in Prison. They don't even need to chip us computer users, they can locate us in a few seconds, no matter how much it is rerooted.

That's not true, at all. That I can promise you. A good hacker can get in and out without leaving a trace
Anywho. This is definitely interesting to say the least. Wish there was some other source other than a direct pdf file. .gov is pretty convincing though. Let's see what happens..

P.S. [sarcasm]Glad to see the supermod adding so much useful insight to the topic
[/sarcasm]
edit on 23-4-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
it says: "greeting from space earthlings stay home and stay out of our neighborhood to you sort out all the stupidty thats goes on"

second messages" obama please come home soon"

this is my problems with "messages" from space any advance civilization would they still be using radio waves.

seems to me that there would be better means of communication.

honestly i have to see it to believe for me to believe that man has been contacted

i am not discounting the notion that there are other beings in the universe but really why would they contact us

this planet has its head so far up its own butt theres really no reason to even be contacted.

favorite quote from the movie "contact" if theres no illteligent life out there its an aweful waste of space.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
it says: "greeting from space earthlings stay home and stay out of our neighborhood to you sort out all the stupidty thats goes on"

second messages" obama please come home soon"

this is my problems with "messages" from space any advance civilization would they still be using radio waves.

seems to me that there would be better means of communication.

honestly i have to see it to believe for me to believe that man has been contacted

i am not discounting the notion that there are other beings in the universe but really why would they contact us

this planet has its head so far up its own butt theres really no reason to even be contacted.

favorite quote from the movie "contact" if theres no illteligent life out there its an aweful waste of space.

It's not a case of if they are advanced enough to communicate through other means of radio waves, it's a case of, can we receive it any other way, other then radio waves? On that note, they may have gone about communication through another way, like clicks, moarse code, transmission bursts ( Anything!)

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

It's not a case of if they are advanced enough to communicate through other means of radio waves, it's a case of, can we receive it any other way, other then radio waves? On that note, they may have gone about communication through another way, like clicks, moarse code, transmission bursts ( Anything!)

Jamie.

Crop Patterns, perhaps?

edit on 23-4-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

ah but we are thinking earthlings with our limited understandings and what we know.

think about if someone went back in time with a iphone to when bell was invented the phone.

the technological gaps is quite the hurdle.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The NSA is a joke...I'll prove it.

The NSA has known about this redirect ILLUMINATI spelled backwards itanimulli takes you to the NSA for some time and has done nothing to fix it.

They think its cute.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

The only question I have for these videos is
1) If life exists on the 12th planet, how did they manage to support life?
2) If they are surviving as aliens underground, they possess the technology to survive in ridiculous conditions-- why don't they just come here O_o
3) If they are sending us radio messages, they know of our presence... why not send frequencies back on the same frequencies were sending O_o

O_o

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join