It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omnipotent God: Agree or Disagree?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by infojunkie2

If one spits in the face of God by denying him, hey it's Ok

Only a believer could say something so idiotic.

And only an unbeliever would be so idiotic to say that there is no God.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
reply to post by Akragon

Acually what you did was come in and say that there would be no rapture without giving any reasons why, then when i asked for chapter and verse,you went on about the kingdom of God, which proves nor disproves anything.

I am really interested in your opinion regarding the scriptures below.

So if you could find it in your heart to give a glance at this scripture in Isaiah 57:1
The righteous perish,and no man layeth it to heart:and merciful men are taken away,none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

now notice what the word perish here means: to undergo a transformation or a change of position

compare this to the very well known scripture;we shall be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye
then comes the change of position, we are then caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

Or what about this one:watch ye therefore,and pray always,that ye may be counted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass,and to stand before the Son of man.

what is it, that we should be escaping from? , according to the scripture, it is the wrath of God that will be poured out upon the earth and it's inhabitants.

Please explain to me how these verses do not indicate a seperation between two different groups of people.
or the removal of the righteous.

Hello my friend. The rapture already occurred. This does not mean you are left behind. It is merely a point of view.

Here is a link that explains the return of Christ and my rapture story on page three. Be sure to read the OP or you may not understand my story at the bottom of page 3.

Christ is the Messiah

The rapture is off topic, so if you'd like to discuss it, I will be happy to answer any questions on my view in the above thread.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am going to read your post that you referred to, but in the mean time could you just tell me when the rapture occurred? and how you know that it occurred.

thanks brother, you are the sweetest thing.

edit on 25-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I am going to read your post that you referred to, but in the mean time could you just tell me when the rapture occurred? and how you know that it occurred.

thanks brother, you are the sweetest thing.

edit on 25-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

The rapture is constantly occurring. The first will be last, and the last will be first. The dead in Christ will be the first to rise right?

It is clearer on page 3 of that link.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Ok I read your post, so are we with the Lord in the air now?, which is part of the rapture.
and tell me about the group of people in Rev 19 that are in heaven and come down out of heaven with Christ to the earth just before the judgement.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Ok I read your post, so are we with the Lord in the air now?, which is part of the rapture.
and tell me about the group of people in Rev 19 that are in heaven and come down out of heaven with Christ to the earth just before the judgement.

Well right now you are in the clouds...

Network Cloud

Where is Heaven?

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

What you are looking for has come my friend, but you do not see it. Remove judgement from your heart, and your eye will see clearly.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

you side with atheist,and call the beliefs of christians foolish.you sound no different than an atheist,covering all bases will not help you a bit.

So yet again i say to you...you clearly haven't read anything i posted. I side with myself, perhaps with IAMIAM, he knows what i speak of completely. I don't judge others beliefs, though i have my opinions on other beliefs...

so lets read what i said.

No rapture will ever happen....ever!

Im no prophet, but mark my words if you like... Never going to happen, no date, no time, no where will people just disapear or be taken up with God...ever.

You'll be waiting on your death bed for this event guys... Give it up

And then i further explain here...

I don't need scripture to see what is foolishness... but if i must.

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."
5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

*sigh*

I could give you 100 verses but it means nothing... The fact is God will never seperate us, we already do that on our own. No person is any better then the next... The very idea that God will somehow take you away from the world and leave the rest of us to deal with some up comming cataclysm is rediculious. Just because you label yourselves with a religion or because you believe in Jesus and you're "saved" that some how makes you holier then the rest of humanity. Its one of christianity's greatest "stumbling blocks" the belief in fairy tales.

We are all equal, every single one of us regardless of your sins. God will never seperate us....EVER!

Humanity's beliefs already do...

Yes i call this belief foolishness... this is my opinion on the churches view on the rapture. Complete nonsence... As i've said, God will never seperate humanity, no person is any better then anyone else no matter what you believe.

So simply put, somehow because of what you believe....you think God will just take you away before a major event which will be designed to punish humanity for its sins.... So the people that have never heard of christ are doomed, myself....i don't believe that garbage....so im doomed as well...every other belief is wrong and we're all doomed....except you, and a few others who believe exactly what you believe... As if your belief makes you favored in Gods eyes...

Sorry man but get real... Never going to happen....and you may quote me on that.

I'll read your other post with scripture quotes after i eat my dinner

ttys

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Thank you for letting me see this passage, its very interesting and you can easily get confused on the meaning... You see the rapture in these words but this isn't what the writer is speaking of...

Watch...

1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

when you die, all will be revealed to you... none consider they were taken away from this world because of some evil to come when they die. You accept its your time, and move on to the next step whatever that might be...It might be the end of all....darkness, nothingness....But i don't believe that for a second...as you read on you'll see...

2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

3 But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore. ( all ye nasty sinners
)

4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood.

5 Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?

6 Among the smooth stones of the stream is thy portion; they, they are thy lot: even to them hast thou poured a drink offering, thou hast offered a meat offering. Should I receive comfort in these?

Even the wickest of men have a place in the afterlife...

For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed...

Perhaps that isn't your translation though, but it sounds pretty good to me

edit on 25-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

man ,now that is really grasping at straws, network cloud has to do with computers, really now, IAM I thought so much more of you than this.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You know revelations was written by an old man in a cave right?

And who is this God of the air i keep reading about

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

And only an unbeliever would be so idiotic to say that there is no God.

I agree.
Not many non-believers state there is no God, they just state there isn't currently any evidence for a God, or futhermore; the God of any religion. Obviously, it would be unwise to claim truth to something you couldn't verify.
edit on 25/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

man ,now that is really grasping at straws, network cloud has to do with computers, really now, IAM I thought so much more of you than this.

Well then it is good that I disappoint you here.

You should not think any more of me or my view than you do another's, yes even an atheists.

So now that I am brought back down to everyone else's level, all is good again.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Put that God on the myth list along with the God of the Sea, the God of War, the God of light, life, love, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc etc. etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Which God would you be refering to?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Oh, the one that doesn't show up on your post...

Gotcha

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Further to my OP (regarding omnipotence) Here is Bill O'Reilly discussing the theology of Hell:-

What a vile specimen this man is. He radiates smugness. Maybe bias on my part, i imagine if i did believe i'd still find him awful.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
To he that does not believe in God, do you believe in life? You are alive, at least your sense tell you so; so I image you do believe in life. Now what is life? Life itself has always been a mystery; science seeks to solve it and religion claims to know it. If life was a substance made of matter then science could understand it and solve the mystery; and if it was manipulable emotion, then religion would understand it and control it to its own eccentric benefit. But life precedes nothingness and transcends all things.

All things became by Life, a phenomena that cannot be perceived through natural human senses, and thus is commonly debatable, qualified and quantified. Life is above all things and in whom all things exist; he cannot be quantified, being illimitable, no qualified: for no one can know him; he is without a name, in that there was no one before him to give him a name, though you refer to him as God; he is the pure Energy/Spirit in whose light all things are glorified, without which nothing can be glorified, yet whom no creature knows to glorify: hence you claim he does not exist.

That your spirit may be rekindled in his light, you must separate yourself from the distractions of the material world and the prejudice of the religious world; and open your mind to the purity of the spiritual realm, to the perfect Energy/Spirit from whom you became: that is if you believe you do exist.

If you need further understanding on these things, go to waterofshiloh.com... and be enlightened. It is priceless and yet it is free: in its light you live, and from its grace comes your peace! For woe is the soul that depends on the flesh for its livelihood; as if life will depend on death for its eon! Peace be with you!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Olise

To he that does not believe in God, do you believe in life? You are alive, at least your sense tell you so; so I image you do believe in life. Now what is life? Life itself has always been a mystery; science seeks to solve it and religion claims to know it.

Firstly, of course i believe in life, i'd be a fool not to. Secondaly, science doesn't claim to know ALL of the answers, but the evidence that they have gathered and the theories that they have demonstrated show that they have at least answered a few questions. But i agree, we are young in science. Science is always at the edge of the known. Science never attempts to reveal wisdom it could possibly not. And perhaps one day it might have the answers to how life forms on a planet, the exact chemical processes.

I promise you, you will find truth in this link, very professional documentaries, provable theories explaining what we have uncovered about life so far. It's certainly an interesting journey.

WhyEvolutionIsTrue

Here's one of my favourites from that channel:-

Oh and a clear difference between religion and science. Science attempts to find objective truths based on evidence, experimentation and demonstration. Religion deals in the unknown, revealed "wisdom".

Thanks for the link. Gonna do some reading now.
edit on 26/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

so let me get this straight, do you or do you not believe in the existance of God?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join