It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Traffic Controller (ATC) Problem Solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Air Traffic Controller (ATC) Problem Solved

www.examiner.com

The problem: keeping Air Traffic Controllers in the airport towers awake for eight hours at a time. The solution: not all that difficult with all the technology available these days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Air Traffic Controllers are the employees at airports that the pilots depend on for the information they need to land their aircraft safely. It's amazing that staying awake on the job has become such a problem for these employees. With the many lives for which an Air Traffic Controller is responsible, any necessary measure should be used to keep the employees awake, alert, and functional.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Don't feed this union plot on ATS too guys. Everyone knows this is all a plan trying to force the FAA to hire more controllers so the Unions have more power and dues. Happens all the time in smaller companies, and now they are getting brave and going after Federal jobs.
Don't feed this story.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Nonsense. As someone who worked nights and had trouble sleeping during daylight hours, it's a legitimate problem that should be examined and all measures taken to assist them in staying awake.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Wow, that would get annoying, thank god for noise canceling earphones.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I stick with my statement. This is a plot to get the FAA to hire more controllers, and it WORKED! I also work nights pal, and I stay up and WORK. No excuse.

top topics

join