It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shapeshifting demonic creature terrorizes South African town

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

"He said one man had reported it changed from a man wearing a suit into a pig and then into a bat."

hmm...no pics yet.

sounds quite strange......barring further proof...my guess is fungus in the local grain supply causing hallucinations (like salem mass)

any other interesting theories?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

"RUMOURS"!!!! This "source" went out the window with its "2012 and beyond earth changes".
Made up story is my theory.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Interesting

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wanna hear more about this! its fake no doubt but it would make a good read.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I cant find an online source for this, but I actually saw it on the front page of a reputable newspaper, not the ones who usually carries stories like the tree who eats people, an actual, factual credible newspaper. Too bad I was too broke to buy it.

But you have to understand that the majority of black South Africans are highly superstituous, there is a very real belief in the supernatural and strong support for sangomas (whitch doctors).

Almost every domestic worker we have had slept with their bed on brick so that the tokoloshe couldnt get them.:lol. Here we go found it on news24 a reputable news source.

www.news24.com...[/url]
edit on 23-4-2011 by demoncleaner because: classified

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
if theyre evil or demonic (causing hurt to another being) then its best to focus on the love, & heart of your life. look to your fellow brother!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Here ya go..

www.news24.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Ha ha just beat me to it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Maybe it is the same being that was reported several years ago aswell, alhough I have forgotten from which part of Africa, unfortunately. Anyway, there were reports coming from a village about a Centaur sneaking around, that looked just like a- well- Centaur, and had a muscular Human upper torso and short stubby head-hair, I remember the article saying.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This would make a great sci-fi/adventure/horror/creature-feature/thriller novel!

All it needs is an SF team dropped in to investigate why a CIA operative with a shady past and connections to local terrorists has gone missing. Of course they would be joined by a paleobiologist and an expert on South African tribal cults. Don't all SF teams work this way? One of the two scientists has to be a hot female who falls for the leader of the SF team. They are led by a local shaman and his young grandson who's father was killed by the shape shifting beast and now the two seek revenge. Then, one by one, the team slowly starts disappearing as they make their way through the bush...

OK, I'll stick with my day job

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The monster strikes again.

Heres the latest updateSteytlerville monster strikes again

I wonder if this is just superstitious minds gone wild or if there really is something there.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Maybe it is some kind of '___' laced chemtrail (had to get it in there haha)

Send some my way please

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
South Africa? I seem to remember reading a story about men there stoning a goat to death because they thought it was a shape-shifting witch.
I'm inclined not to believe this story because from what I gather, people there are overly superstitious.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
this story has not been covered by any major news outlets as far as i can see it is interesting that the police seem to be taking it seriously

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
My guess is its a man who can change himself into various animals.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Keep in mind, this is the same place where people drink menstrual blood from cows...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Scales

*retching sounds*

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Interesting thread i wish there were pictures of this thing ..But there are so many superstitious people in that part of the world it makes me wonder if it isn't rumors gone wild

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Strange this rumors, I have heard them before. Once worked with this guy from Cameroon, a hardworking, friendly guy, intelligent to and good to have around. When we talked about superstition once he became very serious.
He had witnessed a man shapeshifting into a crocodile, right in front of his eyes. I told him I have seen my share of paranormal activity but I didnt believe his story.
He told me I have no idea and crazy stuff happening in some African villages. There was no alcohol or drugs involved in fact the guy was a prof soccer player for the national team.

Theriantrophy is known in many cultures worldwide. I really think its somehow drugs related or can there be another occult explanation for this phenomena?
edit on 23-5-2011 by ahamarlin because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
No pics= no monsters...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join