It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do as I've told you to do my son (a visitation)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Alright here goes nothing ATS....

Seven years ago in Hot Springs, NC I believe I was visited by something...

I was laying in bed praying... not the normal sort of praying, but really pouring my heart out to the Creator(or whatever you want to call It) asking what in the world It wanted me to do... Just totally giving myself up... I promised that if it just let me know I would do whatever It asked... I don't really know what led me to pray this way, cause I never really had before...

Suddenly a light appeared in my room and quickly enveloped me ... The best way I can describe it is I felt like I was in a womb... a warm womb of the purest, warmest most bright light... but it wasn't the kind of bright that hurt your eyes... and it definitely felt alive... it was something... not just light...

My head, and really my whole body, was filled with "Do as I told you to do my son" over and over again... It was permeating... It was as if it paralyzed everything... I remember trying to ask what have you told me to do, but it was like my brain was taken over and the "do as I told you to do my son" just continued....

I honestly don't know how long it lasted.... It felt as if time didn't exist... The voice slowly seemed to get further and further away and the light just dissapeared... like it was just sucked away back into the nothingness where it came from.... I remember my first thought afterward being "what in the eff was that"... I've never felt so at peace and wiped out emotionally... I went to sleep...

I just want to convey that I have no dillusions about being the messiah or anything like that... At the time I considered myself an agnostic and still do to this day... Like I said praying wasn't really something I did very regularly... Although now I pretty much can't deny that there is something out there... what it is who knows... it didn't really identify itself... and though I have tried it hasn't revealed itself again...

I also want to say that I had four or five beers and had smoked some pot a couple of hours before the first experience... but at the time I smoked pot on a regular basis and never had anything like this happen before or after while under the influence of mary jane....

I had a similiar kind of feeling when my kids were created on both occasions... not on the same scale though... I didn't feel paralyzed ... the light wasn't the same... I didn't hear the voice... I could just feel the womb... and felt as if something "different" was there... I don't know how to describe that feeling... the first time I didn't realize what it was that was happening... the second time I looked at my wife and said you're pregnant(she was on birth control for the second one)... you should have seen the look she gave me, but sure enough.... these were the only three times I've felt anything like this atall

I just would really like your guys' expertice in trying to figure out what in the hell it was I experienced here.... and maybe even what it was it meant... it's the kind of thing that tends to stick with a person... I have done some research into things like the great white brotherhood... angels ... spirits... ET's... even demons... I just know there are a lot of people here who know a lot about this stuff...

All opinions and thoughts are welcome..... even the one who say I'm full of it... cause I know there will be some....
... Thanks guys and gals....
edit on 22-4-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: elaboration

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Cool knowing about the kids!!!
Lucky guy - you have been touched by the power/grace/light/Love of the Creator/Universe.
A beautiful thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Yeah, I didn't quite connect the dots until after I found out she was pregnant the first time.... The second time I knew as soon as it happened.... it was cool... thanks for the comment...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Every time I read a post similar to this one, at the end there is always an admission of drug and/or alcohol being involved. Hard to know what really happened you could have had some mary jane laced with something, unless you grew it yourself. Could have been the real deal, perhaps meditation and more prayer asking what is was you were told to do to begin with.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
YYYYYeah... the weed had some magic truth drug that told him right when his child was conceived... And he just happened to score the same stuff at the time of his 1st childs birth and one other time but that time he had a vision. Yeah I`d rather believe in the odds of that happening than believe there could be a God that answers prayers when you pray hard and true to your heart because that`s how stubborn I am... First of all, it cost the "dealers" extra money to "lace" their weed with something... And they are supposed to be businessmen but they are just doing this for the kicks even though they don`t even get to witness all the people out there trippin out from their laced weed? I swear, people who say stuff like that or think weed could make you have an experience to that degree, have never really been involved in the drug world. They just believe the misconceptions out there. I`ve seen some people act strange off weed but only begginer smokers and nothing like a full hallucinating experience or anything dangerous. Also, you have to remember, some people already have things wrong with them and they should probably stay away from a lot of substances. Another thing to remember, tribal people use drugs to induce spiritual experiences. They have much more knowledge about the proper use of drugs. So, just because someone was on a drug, doesn`t necessarily discount their experience. If you have a knowledge about the drug they were on, or combination of drugs, then you can use your own judgement. Otherwise you are left to speculate. But just to be clear, in almost any case, the stuff you would lace weed with, is gonna cost double or quadruple what the weed itself costed. I just have one question though, What was it that you were told to do, "my son"? It seems you got a partial answer to your question. Unless your kids are the answer... maybe your purpose is to be a good father and I say that because you had the same feeling you had, when your kids were born/concepted as when you asked the question. Anyway thanks for sharing, it`s good to hear you be honest about the beer & weed. Lucky for me, I`ve had beer & weed before, so I am fully aware iof what it does to you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Reminds me of some of the description given by those of Near Death Experience.

Example, you may hear the description of of a light so intense and bright that it is hard to believe a light that bright is possible, though - at the same time - the bright light does not hurt at all to look directly at.

As far as what happened to you, I don't know at all. Can you be absolutely certain that the 'mary jane' didn't have some other, unidentified, drug in it? Can you be 100% positive of that?

It is possible that the 'mary j' did have something in it you have never ingested before or since, because a similar experience has not happened to you before or since.

Possibly the 'MJ' did contain something extra that interacted with the alcohol in your system at the time.

Can you be certain, 100% that this isn't the case? If you cannot be 100% certain, you may want to look into psychedelic/hallucinogenic*(sp?) experiences and try to find something matching your experience there as well.

Also, have you ever considered a possible out-of-body/astral experience? It has certain characteristics that can be found in the descriptions of some NDE's. NDE's also carry some similar characteristics to OBE's. Your answer may possibly be found by searching there.

You also indicate that you had never really 'prayed' in such a way as as during the moments just prior to this particular incident. Could your stress level have been heightened? Could you have triggered a psychotic episode of some sort?

The combination of THC (with possible unidentified components), alcohol, a heightened stress level, and lowered inhibitions from a new activity (such as praying and psychologically opening yourself up completely to an unknown force or entity) could have easily induced an experience like nothing you have ever gone through or anything you have ever heard of before.

If you would like to experience something similar to this in a couple ways you described, I would recommend that you study a bit on the methods for astral projection and out-of-body experience. These things are 100% real and can be manually induced through proper procedure and practice.

Below is a couple videos detailing a few methods that detail methods to induce an out-of-body-experience:

OBE Techniques Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

The following is an excerpt from a good resource for information on Lucid dreaming, which can be associated closely with OBE
SOURCE :

There are two basic categories of lucid dreams: DILD (Dream Induced Lucid Dream) and WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream). The key difference between these two techniques is whether or not you have a period of dreamless sleep before the lucid dream (DILD), or whether you pass directly from the waking state into the lucid dream (WILD).

Here is description of a couple different types of Lucid Dreaming, which may or may not contain similarities to you experience:

MILD (Mnemonically Induced Lucid Dream)

This technique was created by Dr. Steven LaBerge who wrote about it in his book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. It can often overlap with reality checking because the goal is to do a reality check in your dreams. Typically, though, this technique involves spending a little time every night doing an affirmation or visualization that you will have a lucid dream as you fall asleep.

EILD (Externally Induced Lucid Dream)

This technique relies on some sort of external cue to help you get lucid as you are dreaming. The most famous of these is probably the NovaDreamer, a device you would wear on your head which emits soft blinking lights that you will see in your sleep. Unfortunately, this equipment is hard to find and is generally expensive. There are other devices and signals which are more cost-effective, such as vibrating alarms. These will work for you if you are very familiar with your sleep cycles and will be able to accurately guess when you will be dreaming.

The astral and OBE experiences can be different for everyone, though many aspects are commonly described by majority percentage of individuals who are lucky enough to successfully accomplish Astral-Travel/OBE.

You may find that your physical and mental reactions to a successful OBE closely resemble the experiences you've detailed.

It is possible that you may find very similar experiences detailed by others who undergone successful OBE's.

It seems the description of certain aspects which occurred during your episode most closely resemble a Near-Death-Experience (NDE). However, I do not reccomend you try and achieve a successful NDE for obvious reason (
)

I am going to link you to a couple sites that have a massive amount of information and descriptions from individuals who have gone through many successful OBE's and those lucky ones who have lived to remember a Near-Death-Experience (NDE)

If it doesn't answer your question entirely, I feel confident that you will find many instances described that closely resemble many details you shared about your incredible experience.

The links I mentioned above are:

Click here for the Out-of-Body Research Foundation (oberf.org)

Click here for the Near-Death Experience Research Foundation (nderf.org)

Click here for Near-Death.com

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think I should have expanded my answer to say you are not alone in having a divine experience in the midst of heavy pleading prayer - why this thread is all over the place because of the pot use is interesting, meanwhile there are published accounts of what you describe. I have had friends suddenly convert to Chrisitanity after an experience like you described because they do whole heartedly believe it was the savior. I like that you didn't automatically just assume it was God but instead have poundered on and been mystified by the experience.
In most cases where I have heard this happening it is not really spontanous - it is requested in the form of asking, even pleading with a "higher source" and that is interesting. I have a book on my shelf thats titled "How God Changes your Brain" - it is argued even thinking for or against a God has an impact on the way the brain is wired. I had a friend near sucide who pleaded with "God" and had an experience as you described - this is a pragmatic female friend who is skeptical and leary of the "woo-woo" and does not do drugs. She was at a place of complete loss in her life and so . . . prayed - and she describes an experience similar to what you shared.

Many faith sets have an explaination for what you describe, there is possibly even some scientific explaination, and if you stretch you can attribute the whole experience to drug use - though these are mild drugs in that respect. What ever it was - it was a beautiful expanding experience - and you are fortunate to have known that in life. Peace!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
I think I should have expanded my answer to say you are not alone in having a divine experience in the midst of heavy pleading prayer - why this thread is all over the place because of the pot use is interesting, meanwhile there are published accounts of what you describe. I have had friends suddenly convert to Chrisitanity after an experience like you described because they do whole heartedly believe it was the savior. I like that you didn't automatically just assume it was God but instead have poundered on and been mystified by the experience.
In most cases where I have heard this happening it is not really spontanous - it is requested in the form of asking, even pleading with a "higher source" and that is interesting. I have a book on my shelf thats titled "How God Changes your Brain" - it is argued even thinking for or against a God has an impact on the way the brain is wired. I had a friend near sucide who pleaded with "God" and had an experience as you described - this is a pragmatic female friend who is skeptical and leary of the "woo-woo" and does not do drugs. She was at a place of complete loss in her life and so . . . prayed - and she describes an experience similar to what you shared.

Many faith sets have an explaination for what you describe, there is possibly even some scientific explaination, and if you stretch you can attribute the whole experience to drug use - though these are mild drugs in that respect. What ever it was - it was a beautiful expanding experience - and you are fortunate to have known that in life. Peace!!!

I too had experienced being engulfed in a light after pleading to God. I had weird experience, first as an atheist who had given u[p on life, then as someone who felt doomed to hell.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Yeah man... I don't really think it had to do anything with the weed... thanks for the back up...
... I had smoked like two hours before and there was no buildup like if I was tripping.... this was a sudden thing.... I just figured one of the first questions I would be asked is "what were you on?"... so I figured I'd throw it out there up front...

I don't know what It told me to do.... That's kinda the point of this post... I didn't know if this was a common phrase that people hear in these types of situations... If it has a more profound meaning... I have kind of just taken it as follow my heart... listen to my intuition.... Although I have had the same thought as you about the message being to be a good father since there is the correlation with my kids etc....

edit:@ the rest of you who have questions about the drug use.... I can't be 100% sure of anything.... but I have tripped a few times on different substances.... this was nothing like those experiences.... unless there is some drug that I'm not aware of that that takes a couple of hours to manifest itself with no build up what so ever ... then yeah I'm pretty sure the pot I smoked was not laced... and if it was I guess I just happened to have flashbacks at the moment of conception of my kids...
...I have a hard time making that correlation... though trust me I have pondered long and hard about every circumstance surrounding this experience... at one time I was wishing that it was the pot... but honestly I just can't attribute this to that... it would really be a stretch...
edit on 23-4-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

thanks for all the info... gives me a lot to dig into... I really appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
That's a pretty interesting experience. The question remains, what were you told to do? If you were never given an answer, maybe the whole point was to give you the experience so that you could tell others about it. The people who know you well would likely believe you, so maybe the reason was to get others to believe in things that we cannot perceive on a regular basis. After all, we can't see dark matter, but we pretty sure it's there because scientists generally have enough credibility to be believable when they postulate things that we can't perceive. Likewise, the people who find you credible may very well be inclined to believe you.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
it was kinda interesting and then you mentioned the pot and the beer.

sorry. pot can on occasion cause hallucinations.

the world is a very different place when you are free of drink and drugs.

you can have very very interesting experiences with drugs but ultimately i don't think there is much truth in these experiences.

i have tried both sides of the fence and had much more powerful encounters when free of drugs/drink. (not religious)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This sound familiar?

I can guarantee you I haven't had any alcohol and have never done any drugs at all during my life

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not a day has gone by where I don't think about that night for me
edit on 5-7-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Each of these stories that appear on this site lack one vital aspect - a specific "something" that the OP has to actually share with the world at large that means much of anything. So many messengers with no actual message.

This god - or whatever it is - isn't much good at actually accomplishing anything with all this mysteriousness and surges of transcendence that it tosses around like glitter on all these people. It seems as if these days, everyone wants to be either Jesus, Elvis or Marilyn Monroe, and it depends on the Internet forum as to which archetype is most prevalent. Here, it's Jesus. No one can handle just being an ordinary person anymore.

Maybe it's always been that way, but the Internet dumps it into everyone's lap now. All I know is that you all can't be Jesus if I'm Jesus. That much seems obvious to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I see where you said that it didn't tell you what to do. Seems rather odd, since it wanted you to obey... something.

And calling you its "son"?

I'd be a little suspicious of this thing if I was you. I know, I'm not you, but the idea of something telling me this makes me think I'd rebel against it, and I dont care what emotions it gives me to TRY and reinforce its order(s) to obey.

I take it that you are 100% sure that you weren't dreaming this? I've had instances where I dreamt something, and had real emotions to match the dream, and thought it was real after waking up, so I know it happens.

edit on 6-7-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

No I wasn't dreaming... I suppose it's possible I could have slipped into a trance like state or daydream while praying, but I certainly didn't fall asleep...

I am suspicious... why do you think seven years later I'm still trying to fgure out what the hell happened..
edit on 6-7-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I'm well aware Pot can cause hallucinations... I think it was the second or third time I smoked that I experienced that to9 some extent first hand... However, at this point in my life I smoked dang near every day at least once for a couple years straight... The pot wasn't that good and I'd only taken a couple hits a couple hours before... in other words I was barely stoned if at all...

I agree with you... I'm on the other side now too... I definitely have had some cool experiences experimenting with my chakras and different forms of meditation... but nothing like this one, and like I said I don'treally think that the small amount of foreign substances in my body caused the experience anyways...
edit on 6-7-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LovePeaceNFreedom

could be... I've also had the thought that maybe the message was cryptic for a reason... it opened my mind to a totally different reality. It has certainly made me search and investigate many spiritual paths and learn about how others experience whatever higer powers are out there... In all honesty this experience has shaped who I have become without giving me a specific task...

top topics

join