It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An opinion on the McDonalds thing, along with other beatings.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
First thing I want to say is forget about race. Forget about it entirely. It may be relevant, but that's not what I'm going to talk about.

It seems to me, from personal experience and from videos like the recent McDonalds one, that we are reverting to a tribal mentality.
Marshall McLuhuan talked about this extensively. Particularly in this video you can see it:

Think about this for a minute. Think about how you see "tribes" fighting, even primates fighting between "tribes" and then compare it to the MD video.
www.liveleak.com...

Before this goes the wrong way, I really want to stress that I am not, absolutely not, saying anything about black people. White people act this way, very often. This isn't a race issue. It involves the mind and how media changes the way society behaves and thinks.

We are becoming closer together, we are becoming more connected and, as a result, more collectivized. McLuhuan never saw the rise of the internet, but I'm sure if he did he would be thrilled and terrified by it because it is exactly what he was thinking along the lines of.

As western society has moved from a private-thinking "book-based" mind set and towards a less individualized "collective entertainment" type of thinking, we are becoming something tribal. Something we haven't been for several hundred years.

I can't explain this as well as I'd like to, mainly because I haven't read enough of McLuhan's work yet, but I hope I did it well enough to get my point across.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
the mcdonnalds beating was because she was actually a he in a girls bathroom (crossdresser)...after asked to leave he/she refused and got beat up...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The reason doesn't matter so much as the mentality. I realize these girls didn't do this for no reason at all. The fact that everybody just accepted it was what I cared about.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

first of all before u judge what im gonna say which is potentially offensive,i am not racist,my brother is half black, but god damn it,every week theres some video of some black chicks starting a huge brutal fight somewhere,i think its not only the current american cultural influence by the targeters to the targeted audience such as reality tv crap,but damnit they became animals,ever been on a bus with a group of em in the back? they cant even have a convo they all talk at the same time loudly,not even listening to eachother cuzz they talk about the same ignorant nonsense,me and my ex had to get up and leave 15 minutes into a live night at the apollo,a whole row of them behind us screaming at 145 decibles the whole time,F'ing irrational uncivilized animals,its mostly the women though

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have no idea what is going on latly. i have been stocking up for civil unrest, but the more i look at it it's be coming a race war. i know this guy/girl was a diffrent reason but have you not seen the other videos coming out. its 80% black vs white. i will be adding more rounds to my list of items to stock up on.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Still not a reason for the vicious attack.
Even if something was said off hand.
I like the old lady.....showing the world that someone who grew up when WW2 was being raged that her Generation is still the greatest Generation this country has produced so far.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Headshot

We have in our modern society this myth of the individual. Our schools and entertainments tell us we are unique.
Adults dote on children telling them they are special as if all of this is just a given.

I do not see any of it as given. I see it as achieved and developed. We create ourselves or have ourselves created for us. If we accept the self that is created for us we are only of the tribe. In creating ourselves we must necessarily do so in spite of the tribe. This struggle is what truly makes the individual.

With the saturation of media and culture this individuation becomes more and more difficult to continue achieving.

Individuals of the past who have made marks on society end up being the inspiration in the founding of another tribe.

That's all I can come up with now as like you, these thoughts just swirl around in my mind and are difficult to pull together for conversation.

Ya got any more thoughts?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Interesting but I'd go back and look at this more carefully. Not the beating video because no matter how you slice it, it was wrong! I don't care if that person was a man, half man or villiage bum, it was uncalled for.
But back to the video:
Seperatism, NATIONAL IDENTITY, individualism, the need for individuals to express individuality through violence? This is clearly NWO reprogramming telling you, you no longer should be an individual but a government zombie. Isn't this the same attack they used on Civil Liberities? Propoganda Demonology 101. And individual expression was never a term used for violence in the past - it was muse, the necessity being the mother of invention, creativity...
What he described as tribal was more of what we thought the neanderthol would have been, not today's human being. He's right, this is LEARNED and where do they get it from? Try reality tv - the conundrum of this century. See, everyone wants their 15 minutes and those girls saw their opportuity when they noticed they were being filmed - that's why they went back. Where else do you see stuff like this? Try The Bad Girls Club and these Whatever for love shows. The media wants us all to be the angry Ameican so we end up like these people and as long as you are told you are going in this direction, most go. A true individual would never do what these ??? (sorry I can't even say women - they were RealityTV automotrons!) did to another human being.
Most of these mindless zombies will eventually quote songs or movies to justify their actions. Still think it's all innocent stuff on TV? Go back again and count how many times those attackers looked into the camera!
You are now seeing for yourselves the effects of brainwashing from television "PROGRAMMING". Now go back on all the sociatal break down entertainment shows you've seen in the past and compare.
The reason: Depopulation. Let's face it, no one kills Americans like Americans! You are being programmed for Civil War II with your hosts the elite, tptb and illuminati. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

couldnt say it better myself

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I enjoyed your video very much...Seems Marshall McLuhuan knows what he is talking about....You CANNOT put all races of people together and expect them just to fall in love with each other...Hell, you can't even put many of the same races together and they love one another, so placing all races together and hoping for a "Love In" is stupid...You cannot take a piece of $hit and turn it into a Baby Ruth candy bar....There are people in ALL races that are inherently good and there are people in ALL races that should be deprived of oxygen....That's just the way it is here on earth right now....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by speeddr2000
I have no idea what is going on latly. i have been stocking up for civil unrest, but the more i look at it it's be coming a race war. i know this guy/girl was a diffrent reason but have you not seen the other videos coming out. its 80% black vs white. i will be adding more rounds to my list of items to stock up on.

As you should. And I've been saying this for years: The reason you see Black violence against Whites is for that expressed purpose: A big fat race war. Like I said last post - you are being programmed.
Next up: Guys in jeeps with guns and beer. Hey look at what's happening on the Mexican/American border! It's been the patent answer to everything so far!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamVapor

Very true words! I'm so glad that brave American did not get hurt!
Savage and sad. But she is who I would want to be like.
Kudos!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The really sad thing is that it wasn't stopped.

...And the apparent manager is concerned about blood on his floor....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How can any human being watch another being treated that way and just stand there and watch? I gaurantee you if it was two blacks beating on another they would have stopped the attack. I literally got sick to my stomach watching that video and had to stop when the victim went into seizure.
Perhaps it is time to take a road trip to Baltimore and get some cheesburgers with a side of whoop ass.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
First off:
"Police have identified the assault victim as a 22-year-old woman"! Here is a link to the article at TheSmokingGun.com

To say this incident was racially, or tribally, motivated would be nothing but a poor attempt at making an excuse for it. Unfortunately, these seem to be socially acceptable excuses, and that's where part of the problem lies!

Those two female THUGS were never taught about "negative reinforcement" for "negative behavior", so their "guardians" should be held just as accountable as they are. If one of my daughters had been involved in that kind of behavior, she would be in FAR more trouble with me, than she would be the law. That was, without a doubt in my mind, a hate crime and should be treated as such.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
the mcdonnalds beating was because she was actually a he in a girls bathroom (crossdresser)...after asked to leave he/she refused and got beat up...

So are you saying that what you saw those two animals doing was justified?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mandella1099

dude...the crossdresser got what he deserved for being retarded...they asked once for HIM to leave the GIRLS bathroom...he mouthed back like a tard and got sh*t kicked for it...you don't talk sh*t to a couple women (especially black) and don't expect consequences

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Well said!
Parenting seems to be the missing element in our society.
See what happens when you let the TV or the government try to tell you how to raise your kids!
Probably the result of Lazy self absorbed uninvolved parenting.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

dude...the crossdresser got what he deserved for being retarded...they asked once for HIM to leave the GIRLS bathroom...he mouthed back like a tard and got sh*t kicked for it...you don't talk sh*t to a couple women (especially black) and don't expect consequences

.........WOW!

hey DUDE!....Get some help.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamVapor
reply to post by BenReclused

Well said!
Parenting seems to be the missing element in our society.
See what happens when you let the TV or the government try to tell you how to raise your kids!
Probably the result of Lazy self absorbed uninvolved parenting.

Thank you DreamVapor,

It seems that in the "good ole USA" we only like to make children, and leave the "rearing" (?) to someone, or something, else.

It's nice to find someone "on the same page" for a change. I can also relate to your signature. I often feel that way too!

Cheers!
Milt

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join