It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey for survival supplies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just would like to take a moment and see how many other people here are preparing for the unknown. If you are preparing please be specific on what you have acquired or suggest for a long term hold out. I've started buying guns,ammo and medical supplies. If something big breaks out i'm heading into deep deep wilderness.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

I've definitely been stocking up on some survival items. I have plenty of guns myself, but within my family we probably have enough firearms and ammo to last several years. I'm trying to stock up on food but I have a limited space in my current house so it's been hard. Also been trying to acquire stuff like emergency blankets, clothes, rain gear, paracord, etc. I think if anything happens, I'll be bugging IN, instead of out. Well either bugging in here, or at a family members house.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Take a look at the Survival forum. There are people who are very, very well prepared and willing to give any advice you may need. On a personal note, I've been stocking for 2 years and still not sure I've got everything I'll need if TSHF. Research and MAKE LISTS, then get those things you'll need the most. Get the "luxuries" last. Take a look at your everyday life and what you have around the house that'll be handy to have. Shovels, hammers, axes, hatchets. etc... Never know what'll be useful. One of the most important things: Any one in your group on meds that they HAVE to have? If so, find the nearest pharmacy and be prepared to get there in a hurry if needed. If things go sour, go grab what you need. No body is gonna be paying for anything anyway.
edit on 22-4-2011 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Obviously, only an idiot would be specific about what they have on hand other than the basics. These are our basics. As Stringfellow Hawke once said "We always like to hold a few surprises back".

For bartering, we have several hundred pounds of coffee, 200 gallons of whiskey, 50 pounds of tobacco and many silver coins at 90% purity.

We have a bug out facility in northern Michigan that can be accessed via back roads if needed. Currently on hand are 6,000 servings of food and dry goods, easily transported. Also have the appropriate defense mechanisms in place, electronic monitoring of the main home and other ah....defense systems. Water is provided via storage in 5 gallon containers (sealed, purified, 1 tbs bleach per), sand filter to be assembled if needed.

1 laptop, shortwave radio, inverter, solar charger in Faraday cage, all power provided via deep cycle battery bank ( 220 amp hour deep cycle batteries, 2,000 amp hours, 1,750 cold amps each). Charging is provided via solar panels, wind turbine or generator. Currently have an adequate storage of fuel in a rotating supply method.

We have one Buffalo wireless network router with a captive portal to broadcast survival information in the clear for close by neighbors. Antenna is a wide path stick type mounted behind a fiberglass fascia.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here is my list of basic goodies www.kwakakev.com... .

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Quality books on surviving in the wilderness, and many trial runs over the weekends with various groups of supplies. Have lived for weeks in the woods with ultralight gear and skills. It will take everything you have and then some just to stay alive.

I get the feeling i'm going to be tripping over lots of skeletons still wearing plate carriers and empty gas tank generators and what not, if it ever goes that way.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i think nightvision is a must have for any bug out bag or home bug out location

monocular or whatever in my humble opinion its one of the most needed item to have

among what most people already have bought.

they have become cheap enough not super cheap but affordable.

battery or handcranked.

and rechargeable batteries and a flexible solar panels

those items are definately must haves i think

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
I just would like to take a moment and see how many other people here are preparing for the unknown. If you are preparing please be specific on what you have acquired or suggest for a long term hold out. I've started buying guns,ammo and medical supplies. If something big breaks out i'm heading into deep deep wilderness.

Any one with half a brain isn't going to post what they do or don't have...google survivalist...bug out bags...bug out locations...check out other sites as well....read...do some research for yourself...learn...if it happens your going to need to know things...a lot more than you seem to know right now...it is for your own good to do as I have stated for your survival in the event of a SHTF.

top topics

join