It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish village in the grip of slimy black fungus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e78b889751f5.jpg[/atsimg]

A scots village is covered in slimy back fungus - and the locals are sick of having to wash it off their homes and cars.

Villagers in Tullibody, Clackmannanshire, have had to fork out hundreds of pounds on power hoses and spend hours on end cleaning up the goo.

But every time they get rid of the slime, it comes back.
As well as houses, paths and cars, it covers signs, public buildings and anything else in its path.

The muck has been blamed on fumes from the local whisky warehouse, run by booze giants Diageo. Bosses at the multi-billion pound firm deny being responsible

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/faa69c40dd4d.jpg[/atsimg]

You pick it, we can get rid of this fungus, but, no more booze.

Cool story but seems like a real pain in the butt. a whole day to get this crap off of everything? That is kind of nasty.

I was not really sure where to put this thread because this could be similar to "Creepshow," you know the one with the "meteor $hit."

Interesting story though and maybe there is someone here that knows more about fungus to see if it would be possible to actually be coming from the nearby plant. I'll try and do some more digging and see if I can find any evidence, too.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 22-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

My internet has slowed down, so I can’t look for the piece I was after, this reminded me of the mess some chemtrails have left behind.

Have they done any testing on the goo? I wouldn’t be surprised if they found barium in that muck.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
hmmm, i can't imagine any byproduct of distillation that would cause any black residue, (beyond soot from a wood or coal fire), especially a fungus. If it were even remotely normal for this, it would be noticed from other distilleries as well. ??

I could imagine a large store of grain, i suppose, rampant with fungi, releasing spores into a neighborhood.....and that would be my best guess

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ok one search finaly opend up for me

You should also know that a lab-analysis of some “goo” which fell to the ground revealed the presence of biological-agents: Pseudomonas Fluorescens, Streptomyces, and a restriction enzyme used to create viruses. Further, a gentleman who has been following the contrails around the country for years had a medical test which discovered pathogens in his body — the rare V2 Grippe virus among them — pathogens that should only be found in laboratories.

Chemtrails Explained...www.realunsolvedmysteries

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I actually read this the other day and thought "what the hell"........ This does not happen in Devon - The artical read that it was common throughout?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Is it actually scientifically confirmed as a fungus ?

Because it looks pretty much like soot you get on signs around busy roads due to exhaust fumes

If it is indeed a fungus, there's no reason to blame it on any manmade source, it could just be nature finding a new way to survive ?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In Scotland in general, we have had a cold snowy winter with a lot of slushy spray onto road signs all over.

We have now changed, very quickly, into a warm humid spring.

I have seen this happen several times before over the years and can assure everyone that we are not being attacked by some alien fungus.

Sleep well.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by petethespark
In Scotland in general, we have had a cold snowy winter with a lot of slushy spray onto road signs all over.

I have seen this happen several times before over the years and can assure everyone that we are not being attacked by some alien fungus.

Sleep well.

Wait a second... So the people of this town are lying? I'm not sure what your saying, these people are actually saying fungus not grime.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The black plague maybe?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by petethespark

Sleep well.

Its becoming common to see some supposed scotsmen talking out there backside too just like you are, what you are referring too is dirt which covers road signs almost constantly but it does not cover homes.

I am growing tired of people talking trash on this site lately.

This is not common to see in Scotland in the middle of a heatwave.

I also cannot remember the last time I experienced a heatwave in April, in Scotland, it is not normal.
edit on 22-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wasn't suggesting it was dirt splashed up from the road.

I was only postulating that it may be something called "damp mould" which is also black and seems to spring out of nowhere if the temperature, humidity and lack of exposure to sunlight are just right. I have also seen it cover more than one side of a house in a couple of days when the conditions are right.

As for it not being normal for heatwave in Scotland in April, I think you will find it is not that unusual. It is quite common that we have cracking start to the year then a miserable summer after that. Check the meteorogical data over the past 30 or 40 years.

And as it is possible that I am talking from where you suggest I am and you really have discovered that we are being attacked by an alien fungus or growth then I presume you are concerned enough to have already taken a sample to one of the many, easily accessable, Universities in in our small country to have it examined completely free.

If so, I look forward to the results.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No its not normal to have a Heatwave in the Spring. But here in Peak District we recieved 166mm of rainfall during February and then just 13mm for ALL of March-April up to now. The reason being is that a dominant high pressure system we saw back in January that was so characteristic (bringing us the Siberian airmass from Russia) has returned, and as nocturnal temps are higher the flow blocks the Stratospheric Warming taking place so we remain under a Inversion layer. Effectively keeping the airmass warm and dry running off the European Continent, this blocking is consistent and is a predominant feature of the UK for the past 2 years now. Fluctuating occasionally between months. But regaining dominance in seasons.

La Nina also adding to the mix, with the warmer Atlantic flow sending the Jetstream off into the Higher Latitudes above Scotland meaning we miss out on the majority of Frontal Systems trying to edge their way in. Unseasonal but completely forecastable in the short-term.

top topics

join