It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Are Totally Finished

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Source

n A Nutshell: Corporatocracy Has Replaced Capitalism

Capitalism Fixes Problems & Preserves Democracy: Capitalism is what we should be relying on to fix our problems. Capitalism has it's own ecosystem, just like biology's ecosystem. An economic ecosystem that weeds out the weak, has parasites that eat the failures and new bacteria that evolves and grows replacements for that which failed. A system that keeps everything in balance.

The problem is we are no longer a capitalistic society. What we were taught in school is now utter and absolute nonsense. Capitalism is a thing of the past.

As outlined in "It's Not A Financial Crisis - It's A Stupidity Crisis", we created two back to back bubbles. The air out of the Tech Bubble was sucked up for fuel by our next stupidity crisis: The Housing Bubble.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0493ea547aaf.png[/atsimg]

For blowing up the world's economy this Stupidity Crisis was falsely named an Economic Crisis by CNBS and 535 morons on a hill in DC (Ron Paul and a few other fiscally responsible adults excluded). The idiots who created the mess were rewarded with a 700 billion dollar "bailout". This "bailout" was anything but a bailout and had a price tag of anything but 700 billion. The actual price tag is closer to 11 trillion and puts us on the hook for another 13-17 trillion - not counting interest.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28632fa6c8ef.png[/atsimg]

In Summary: Our debt and our inability to revive capitalism and cut the waste in government will be our demise. Sadly, the only glimmer of hope I see is that Corporatocracy will destroy itself. I say sadly because it will destroy the average American citizen like some parasite that kills it's host.

Capitalism is dead and that is why we are totally screwed.

Absolutely brilliant article that sums up what the hell is going on and why the hell did we get here.

I found it quite informative, and will help out those that are not sure of our current financial situation. I recommend reading though for anyone, as it is by itself a good read.

I hate the system and am upset that the people have to suffer because of others choices. The people never made these choices, although they did choose the path of ignorance.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It is a big messy can of worms with some very deep long term trends. What can we do about it? Do nothing, revolt, petition, question, understand, lobby, strike, study, find the answers, prepare for the worst, hope for the best, pray.

It is good you are bring this up, it is a tough cultural issue. It took a long time to get into this position and it will take a long time to get out of it. But we need to know it is there and it is a problem before we can anything about it. With the way the global economy is going I can see two main trends. A move towards a single global currency and a complete fracture of the system where we all become are own treasuries, maybe a bit of both.

Money does need a serious reality check. At its core it is about measuring the individuals social input and output. This has become seriously lost and corrupted with the imbalances in the system. At its base it is about managing supply and demand, this has also become lost through massive inequity. The 'greed is good' culture is still valued, this needs to change 'responsibility is right' is a better direction.

To take this on the legal system needs some adapting as well, transparency is key. Education and understanding needs to be promoted over punishment. The black market also needs elimination, decriminalisation will strike it down the quickest and hardest. Yeah things are a shambles and complete mess, but we ain't dead yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Star and flagged.............yes Reagan signed over America to the Corporations and most people still are so stupid as to consider him a good president.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f77a8219b358.jpg[/atsimg]

Now look at the people in the picture with Reagan, you should, if you are politically aware know who each and everyone of them are.

Hint: Read my location.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Why we are totally finished..............the average person has the IQ of a turnip and can't figure out the shell game our world governments are playing on us.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Why we are totally finished..............the average person has the IQ of a turnip and can't figure out the shell game our world governments are playing on us.

But, the only reason people are so dumb is that the government runs our education system. People choose to learn more about their favorite celebs than laws that are being passed because they have been told how hard it is to understand politics and economics.

Both of those things are very easy to understand but have a veil of mystery around them, almost like physics, most people think it is so hard and boring, but it explains patterns in nature. How much more beautiful can something be than that?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

This is a clip from Stanley Kubrics AI
a scene called "Flesh Fair."

I think this is Kubrics attempt to show how the public will react to the
idea that Corporate Identities are more important and more valuable
to the system than people themselves. And in this clip the people
push back. They push back with an old fashioned death show.

On another level I think it is an example of Corporate Persons
facing the justice of flesh people and demagogues.

In other words, little David is a corporation
one that has become self aware.

boxofficemojo.com...

It is ranked 661 for all time domestic
and made 236 million world wide.
It was Nominated for
2 Academy awards.

I think people get it.

Corporatocracy is stronger, faster, and smarter than us.
Home grown Capitalism is like picnic tables on a sandy floor.

What angers us is that Corporations are putting our flesh and blood children in debt to their artificial constructs.

That our children love corporate Christmas toys more than a hand made doll house.

That compared to the slick polish of corporate solutions our homemade dreams looks unwashed and barbaric.

People get it.
It's just that we are embarrassed to be human in public anymore.

David Grouchy
edit on 22-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
excellent thread, S & F...

I want to add that the reason this keeps happening is because we keep allowing it to happen!

We need to become active in our gov't and do more than to just vote for Chriminals to take Power...

Thank you for bringing this to light.....

Don't know if anyone has watched these videos, but worth a look

The American Dream Part 1

The American Dream Part 2

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Nothing I didn't already know and am working to get myself out of lol but that was a great animation.

Shared that with some friends... hopefully wake them up at least a little bit.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Speaking of our educational system ... I think this captures it perfectly.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
They are going bad to worse for so many.
I went to the grocery store last night, and watched a woman with two children have to put back things off the conveyor belt because she didn't have enough cash on her. I offered to lend some and she refused. But I could see these were things they absolutely needed. She made a choice between oranges, apples, and toilet paper. And we wonder why Americans are so sick.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The heads of these companies make millions of dollars and for what being connected they dont do shi$ thats why gas is so high but we support this bs in every election we are in almost every oil producing country and were still paying our ass off wake up america open up our reserves and screw them too what are we doing saving the stuff for our kids grandkids

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
■ No. We're not finished yet.
■ In order for China to become a world reserve currency, it must surpass US gold reserve.

On Nov 2009, Business Rediff reported article on World's Largest Gold Reserves, in which US has 8133 tonnes. China had 1054 tonnes that time.

Assuming China gold reserve is now 2000 tonnes, China has to buy at least another 6133 tonnes. That's about 4.065 times. It means gold price will appreciate further to US$6000 an ounce.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
But we'll still have our nukes right? I mean, they're like not gonna sell our nukes to Monaco or San Marino, or some small country like Peru or something like that so they can have money to start a new whatchamacallit right? Right? I mean, we'll still have our nukes, promise ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
But we'll still have our nukes right? I mean, they're like not gonna sell our nukes to Monaco or San Marino, or some small country like Peru or something like that so they can have money to start a new whatchamacallit right? Right? I mean, we'll still have our nukes, promise ?

Nope, all gone. Link.

Seriously, people are looking at this on a micro scale when they need to look at the macro level. Ignoring the European problem for a moment, a lot needs to happen before things get bad enough for the average person to really feel the pinch. People have been putting things back because they can't afford it for decades. I've done it myself before I learned to grow up.

Anyways, the idea for this to succeed is that they have the personnel at the top, in the government, the corporations for them to start. And that's where it will get scary because they need to have the people at the bottom (that's us) to ask them to help. They need to make us so miserable that we stop asking God to help us and turn to them instead. That's when the fun starts and people really begin dropping out of sight.

I guess a years worth of food isn't going to be enough. A decade is more like it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

did the state schools teach you??
they taught me!!!
the schools teach you enough to venture out and pick up any book to read you chose to read!!
after than, it's up to you!!
and well, I was just observing, and I managed to pick up that something wasn't right....
don't think it's the schools....
it's more like as long as the people are comfy, and see the scams as benefitting to them, welll, all's fine with the world....
and when it's not benefitting, well, then and only then, will they open their eyes to observe and learn!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

you never know, they sold my son's ship out from him, and now he's out of the navy and home!!!

actually, I think they've decided to use their missles before they have to liquidate everything, so well, send a few more bombs to libyia!!! got to get rid of them!!!

the nukes, we're saving for someone special!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
Right? I mean, we'll still have our nukes, promise ?

Thinking about this I started trying to google up what companies one would invest in if one wanted to own nukes.
I haven't found any clear answers yet but I did find this.
It's a 2008 press conference where a Russian General explains
that Russia is prepaired to use nukes in a preemptive strike to defend it's allies.

Two words I thought would never appear in the same sentence together.
Preemptive and Nuclear.

Here is the video.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Just deleted my post because I read some material about the event.

Star and Flag OP.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To remove post.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Great find, Pred! F&S for the pasteup, and your comments are always
a plus for those of us with longer blinders on, yours truly included.

Its' a criminal shame that the business and law schools alike have
refefined 'legitimate' as just about any behavior that hasn't yet been
declared illegal. It seems for that reason alone, a bridged moral chasm
between responsible conduct and outright psychopathy has been
educated into most of the US population. I wonder who got the honor
of cutting the ribbon when they dedicated that bridge.....

Boy, it's going to be tough if not lethal for the people that learned
only what they were spoon fed at the brainwashing camps. I still
feel one of the five most dangerous organizations ever to get
launched in the US during the 20th century was the NEA. Look at
the exiting test scores in our global ranking, to indicate the results
TPTB achieved.

Full throttle psycopaths running useful idiots with our checkbook.
Some things just can't be closer to perfectly scrwd. Thanks again, Pred.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I sadly have to agree that the US economy will FUBARED in the next decades.

I didn't read the article but don't believe it was due to Reagan. It was due to Clinton and Bush. Democrats and Republicans sold us out.

There where Jobs in Reagan's time. Unlike the previous president Carter. ( What current president dose he remind me of?
)

You can read this article by the LA Times in 84. LA Times relay liked Reagan

It describes a situations where Jobs where getting outsourced but Reagan counteracted it by having a STRONG DOLLAR.

I'll quote the last part

Inflation is under control for the present. Unemployment is still at troublesome levels, but Reagan is more impressed by the tens of thousands of Americans going back to work each month. From where he sits, the strong dollar reflects the faith that foreign businessmen and investors have in the fundamental soundness of the U.S. economy under his leadership

The key is a Strong Dollar.

The situation we are in right now is that we will not have an economy like the 40's to 60's because after WWII there was no economic competition. . They where all blown up in the war. But the government spends like its the 60's

In the 70 - 80 the competition started to come back and we where struggling, BUT we had a STRONG DOLLAR. The world invested in US because we where safe investments. They didn't invest in their own countries because their countries where carrying a lot of debt due to social entitlements. Not a safe bet.

The 90 where good because of that Internet. Not polices, Not elected officials, Noting related to Government. Just the greatest invention since paper.

Since things where so good. A Republican congress and a Democratic president decided to repeal Glass–Steagall Act en.wikipedia.org...

That help feed the Sub-Prime Loan and Derivatives fiasco.

Sub-Prime
knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu...
Derivatives
wealthyreader.com...

Now we on a policy that's WEAKENING the dollar to the point where the world doesn't want to use it as a global currency.

money.cnn.com...

If you think times are bad now. You think it's hard to get a loan now.

Once the world switches to SDR the US economy will be FUBAR.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join