It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant and Counter-Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Sometimes it's good to come on here just for the laughs!

People get mad sometimes and voice their anger/frustration in the rant column (or that's usually where it gets moved to eventually). This usually goes something like this:

"I'm mad about X, and here's why..."

Then there are the posts of agreement, "chill out", and "I DISAGREE...so there!", along with a few reasoned disagreements. Stars and flags fly like feathers in a pillow-fight contest.

Then /rant.

What I find amusing is the counter-rant rant thread. It goes something like this:

"To the ranter that ranted about X, I rant about your rant, and I use the same words against you! So there!"

Then there are the posts of agreement, "chill out", and "I DISAGREE...so there!", along with a few reasoned disagreements. Stars and flags fly like feathers in a pillow-fight contest.

While I put this in the rant forum, it probably should be in jokes, etc., but since I'm talking about rants, I put it here.

I really find the whole thing entertaining, and I encourage you all to keep it up. Every once and a while we all need a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Uhm, so?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh. I was expecting a rant with a built-in counter-rant. This wasn't it, but I'd like to see that....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
He picked the perfect username for himself.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I know that sometimes we all need a good laugh.
That is one of the reasons why I post!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I disagree,

ATS should be a place for serious discussion, not jokes and frivolity.

This is one of the few places on the net where I can be informed about real and relevant topics in todays world.

Some great examples of this are the threads about the end of the world, sure so far none have come true but hey its only a matter of time. When the world does finally blow up Ill be one of the ones who will be able to say "told ya so, shouldnt have laughed at that guy on ATS who said this would happen"

And where else can I find reliable information about the Royal families reptilian shapeshifting ways (Note to self: Idea for thread, Kate Middletons shock on wedding night to find Prince William has a tiny Lizard like schlong)

And then theres the people who have had psychic contact with inter-dimensional beings, If the site is full of threads promoting cr@p how will people be able to find these messages and alter their lives accordingly.

Its people like you who cant see the truth around them that are bringing this site down and clogging it with nonsense

top topics

join