It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top US military officer urges Iraq to decide soon if it wants US troops to stay past 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
BAGHDAD - The top U.S. military officer said Friday that Iraq must act very soon if it wants American forces to stay longer in the country, as discussions intensify over whether to keep any troops past this year.
Adm. Mike Mullen told reporters in Baghdad that time is running out for negotiations over an extended American troop presence. He emphasized the U.S. position that it would consider any request by the Iraqi government to keep American forces in the country past their expected Dec. 31 departure date but said that so far Baghdad has not asked the U.S. to do so.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

So, we can see it IS a possibility US troops will pull out of Iraq and the end of the year...
Ultimately, I'd like to think, it will be the Iraqi governments final call.. but hopefully Obama will get recognition for setting this long term exit strategy into place.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Can anybody explain to me why did US go to Iraq?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
LOL Iraq decided when the 1st bomb dropped that they don't want us there..

Deebo

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarylHamblett

O.I.L and profits.

The same reason they are now supporting the rebels, terrorists in Libya.

But dont expect the news media to tell you all this, they work for the crocks.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
^ I don't wanna talk about why they are there... We dedicated like 5 years to that here on ATS.

I want to discuss the true possibility of bringing the amount of US soldiers in Iraq down to 5k by the end of the year.
Significant!!

There will always be a presence there, of course; largest US embassy/greenzone was erected there.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well considering the Iraqis never wanted to be invaded in the first place, and the war was an illegal terrorist act by the most militaryist nation on Earth, then I say pull the troops out now and save a few more 1000s of lives.
Was'nt it supposedly, to "secure" the oil and make it cheaper for the West....All its done has inflated oil beyond what its really worth, and played into the hands of the Illuminati and energy controllers anyway...they are smiling all the way to the Presidents office...then the bank.
When will human greed ever disappear?
Perhaps People power could force some reason into the whole mess. Tho I Remember the Millions of people who demonstrated at peaceful protest gatherings around the World for "No War in Iraq" in vain, prior to the illegal move,(against the United Nations decision) because of those Nasty W.O.M.D. (that never existed).
Look whats happened since.....Things are much worse now than prior to 2001. (except cars are nicer
Perhaps the Average American Citizen should stand up and let their congressmen and elected officials know, that they do not support anymore war in the Middle East. Maybe shoot a few of them, in the good ol American way.

top topics

join