It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are genuinely people on ATS who...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
truly, hopefully, excitingly, authentically and actually want to witness hundreds of thousands of people dying.

Whether it be WWIII, mega-quake, tsunami, nuclear disaster etc... They seem to be almost praying for it to happen.

My question...

Will the be scared?
Can they be helped?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I agree and disagree.

People, from my experience, just want justice.
With the rising feeling that we are not getting justice
people are starting to reach out to nature, supernatural, and the divine.

And to them I have this to say.
Remember the people of New Orleans prayed for the levies to break for fourty years.
But when it did, did it wash away _any_ corruption?

Be carefull what you wish for.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I wouldn't go so far as to say they want to witness hundreds of thousands of people dying but rather people just want to be a part of something....to either witness and be able to tell about it later or even just to be there when it all goes down. We've been ingrained with everything "end-of-the-world" and "apocolyptic" from birth. Our religions all talk about everything being tossed upside down and more. Of course we want it to happen during our lives...humans are selfish as a species.
edit on 4/22/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Sadly not just people on ATS. It seems like alot of people are so bored with their life these days that they want something exciting to happen even if it means global destruction and death.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just want whatever is going to happen, to just happen already

This feeling of anticipation is driving me nuts

I don't want anyone to die etc etc.

I'd settle for disclosure....that makes everybody happy...no death, no destruction, and it is something huge.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think most people want to see a system reboot... I know I would

Then we could all start over... I think the medieval times," A New Aira" life would be kool !

Thanx

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you how I feel about it all, and what seems to me to be a general consensus among many...
I have seen so much change in my short lifetime. Earthquakes are increasing. Severe weather patterns are becoming not only more frequent, but also more severe. Our politicians and corporations are becoming more corrupt. And we cannot feel safe in our own homes. We are searching for answers. Many prophets have fore told of disasters... are they right or are they wrong? We look to the unknown hoping for a glimpse of the truth, whatever that may be. We are not hoping for a global disaster, but we ARE hoping for concrete evidence that we are not crazy. We want to know that the changes we see are really happening, and not just in our imaginations. We want to know that it's all for a reason...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

glad u got the balls to say that so to speak...personally ive been wishing this since i read nostrodamus at 10 yrs old but i like other good natured people only wish that when/if it happens i hope the dirty peados rapists and all other scum (including tptb) have a slow and painfull death...sorry if thats extreem..flagged...dave

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I would definatly settle for that but seriously, I don't think anyone on ats want thousands of people to die etc..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you how I feel about it all, and what seems to me to be a general consensus among many...
I have seen so much change in my short lifetime. Earthquakes are increasing. Severe weather patterns are becoming not only more frequent, but also more severe. Our politicians and corporations are becoming more corrupt. And we cannot feel safe in our own homes. We are searching for answers. Many prophets have fore told of disasters... are they right or are they wrong? We look to the unknown hoping for a glimpse of the truth, whatever that may be. We are not hoping for a global disaster, but we ARE hoping for concrete evidence that we are not crazy. We want to know that the changes we see are really happening, and not just in our imaginations. We want to know that it's all for a reason...

I think a large part of earthquake increase has to do with media these days.
If you look further back than a few decades you will discover that current earthquake activity aint unusual at all even though we might have a bit more activity compared to last few decades..

Same thing about polar shift hysteria.. If you look at the long term history of our magnetic field you would discover that current level aint that low at all and that there have been periods with weaker magnetic field without any polar shift happening.

edit on 22-4-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22

I have seen so much change in my short lifetime.

How old are you? 9?...

9/11 happened.. (Event that will forever be etched into world history)
Major tsunami's happen these last 5 years...
Katrina...
Iraq/Kuwait/Afghanistan/Liyan wars (to name a few)..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I believe it stems from all the hatred that has been afflicted to them over the years. People getting sick and tired of being used and abused by the system. Housing market, more in debt, higher taxes and everything else, lies, bribes, fraud called endorsements or gifts, thieving, less benefits, accidents man made or not, job losses, chaos here or abroad. I mean, come on here, you have to admitt that alot is going on in the world. I't is definately not NORMAL. The planet is heating up, mentally. Something has to give and a person can only take so much before they start to SNAP and go viral. Our own world is even taking a brunt of this because people do not care and pollute. Noone cares. The" care side", has left the building. It is getting worse and i fear will only lead us into a direction of total loss of life, everywhere. Not only is there chaos on earth, but what about chaos in space headed towards us, so called. Religions/ peoples saying end times. Everything happening on earth is effecting us all and all that is happening on earth is starting to overwhelm the peoples here on the planet. So, yeah. People will react harshly or get out of the loop entirely by suicide. I believe it will only get worse, before it gets better.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've seen quite a lot of misanthropes on my short time here. They always say things along the lines of "Mother earth needs to shake her fleas" etc. It is sad to see that

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
I think most people want to see a system reboot... I know I would

Then we could all start over... I think the medieval times," A New Aira" life would be kool !

Thanx

You know if things keep going in the direction they are going, you just might get that wish. I believe mankind will go viral before this happens tho. Total chaos.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
I've seen quite a lot of misanthropes on my short time here. They always say things along the lines of "Mother earth needs to shake her fleas" etc. It is sad to see that

wether you like it or not, mother earth just may do just that. You or anyone else cannot control the planets burps here and there. I'm sure the dinosaurs tell quite a tale, or ice samples, or tree samples or any other samples, diaries of doom. It is sad to see that, but it is part of life. Something that is out of your control or anyone elses for that matter.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
truly, hopefully, excitingly, authentically and actually want to witness hundreds of thousands of people dying.

Whether it be WWIII, mega-quake, tsunami, nuclear disaster etc... They seem to be almost praying for it to happen.

My question...

Will the be scared?
Can they be helped?

I flagged this because I find it to be truth, especially personally.

Yes, I am one of THOSE people you have mentioned.

To answer the question of the OP
No, I'm not scared.
Can I be helped? Probably not, mostly because I am not the one that NEEDS to be helped.

Being tired of seeing the greed, selfishness, self righteousness, apathy and outright disregard for each other and our planet is not a sickness, so it does not need to be "helped".

I am disgusted by the state of the world we live in, disgusted by the "me" mindset of most (yes most) people these days.

Hate is a strong word, and my son described it best: Hate is genuinely feeling that the mere existence of something offends you.

Guess what, I HATE the way the world is today. I HATE what humanity is becoming.

We care more about what we HAVE than what we do, we care more about what others think of us than we think of ourselves, and we care more about what is going on in our neighbor's back yard than we do our own.

I'm not scared of dying, I am scared of living in a world where people forget what compassion is about, scared of living in a world that cares more about how much money is in my pocket, than attaining knowledge to better the lives of those around me. I'm scared of living in a world where there are no blue skies left to admire, running streams to lull me to sleep, or rustling winds to soothe my nerves.

I want to live in a world where the value of a person is measured by the deeds that they do, the knowledge that they pass on and the spirit of love that they bring to their brothers and sisters of humanity.

With all that I have seen in my lifetime, how much humanity has digressed into an animistic state I honestly believe that there is only one way that is going to happen....

I still have hope, but the reality is that unless "something" happens, it will probably get worse.

edit on 4/22/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Um, no
I am old enough to clearly remember 9/11, where I was, what I was doing, and worrying over my children and their future.
I am old enough to know about the tsunamis in the last several years
I am old enough to remember Regan in office

Though I'm not sure what my age has to do with it other than the point I was making, which I thought was fairly clear. If not, then I apologize for any misunderstanding

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
well now. looks like the majority are miserable cause they are living negative lives...get used to it. you live that way its going to be that way. dont know what else to tell ya

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think that we're beginning to recognize that despite all of our technological advancements, we are still very fragile.

I think people are scared.

While as Griffo said, there are some misanthropes, I think many people are just holding their breath, expecting the other shoe to drop.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I honestly think that if the world comes to some abrupt end, then it will be by our own hand. There are people who are really wishing for this to happen. If the human race as a WHOLE wants to continue to exist, then we need to get past wishing for the end of the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join