It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government wages sock puppet war against its own citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by burntheships

And we see in this how the government specifically wants to avoid citizen accountability, all the while touting itself as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, but conspiring constantly to disenfranchise the people from being taken seriously when it comes to crticism of it.

Yes, and in the past they may have attacked largely "fringe" cultures of society, these days they
have gone very mainstream...the government "of, by, and for, the people" seems to be doing it......
"to" the people..... that makes it no longer political.... it has become oppression, subversion, or
suppression of thought, intimidation of free speech.

I suspect we have barely scraped the surface in our findings...consider Team Themis.

Who - What - Where are they?

A Corporate Information Reconnaissance Cell - Comprised of a team of three companies...

HB Gary Federal - Palantir - Berico Technologies

One of the most illuminating documents I have found to date on this subject, its actually one of thier
white papers. Its shocking to say the least...nothing less than a modern day Trojan Horse.

www.scribd.com...

A little more light on Team Themis...

On a proposal bearing Berico Technologies’ document header, Themis places their proposed
“Corporate Information Reconnaissance Cell” next to a Joint Special Operations Command F3EA
“targeting cycle” with this explanation:

"Team Themis will draw on our extensive operational and intelligence experience to rapidly make sense of the volumes of data we’ve collected through the application of proven analytical/targeting methodologies. Drawing on the principles and processes developed and refined by JSOC in the “Find, Fix, Finish, Exploit, Analyze” (F3EA) targeting cycle, we will develop and execute a tailored CIRC intelligence cycle suited to enable rapid identification/understanding, refined collection/detection, focused application of effects, exploitation, and analysis/assessment."

Mind you, this is just a fancy graphic for “analysis”–the kind of stuff civilians do all the time. But Themis–led by Berico Technologies in this case–decided to brand it as a JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) product, applying an American unconventional warfare model to targeting political opponents engaging in free speech emptywheel.firedoglake.com...

Themis–led by Berico Technologies in that case decided to brand it as a
JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) product, applying an American unconventional warfare model
to targeting political opponents engaging in free speech.

The proposal also highlights the JSOC experience of one Palantir team member.

He commanded multiple Joint Special Operations Command outstations in support of the global war on terror. Doug ran the foreign fighter campaign on the Syrian border in 2005 to stop the flow of suicide bombers into Baghdad and helped to ensure a successful Iraqi election. As a commander, Doug ran the entire intelligence cycle: identified high-level terrorists, planned missions to kill or capture them, led the missions personally, then exploited the intelligence and evidence gathered on target to defeat broader enemy networks.emptywheel.firedoglake.com...

Berico’s statement (from their CEO, Guy Filippelli, whose experience as Special Assistant to the Director of National Intelligence was also highlighted in the proposal) denied they would proactively target any Americans.

Somehow, I just dont think they tell the truth....

I think they are targeting certain topics, certain current events.

edit on 22-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

One of these things about these guys is they have a way of phrasing and saying things that makes what is not true more or less true as it pertains to those making the statements.

Corp CEO "I promise I will not use this software to target American citizens"

This is true, he is out on the Golf Course having three martini lunches with his corporate lobbyists and congressional reps, while his sales reps are busy selling the stuff to people and agencies and organazations that will use the stuff to target American citizens.

He absolutely has not lied, but he absolutely has not told the truth.

Because he doesn't incorporate his sales force and the end users they sell it too in his statements he is telling the truth.

But it's only truth by omission or deflection.

One of the big problems with our corporate owned mainstream media is it wouldn't follow up with the kind of hard questions you or I might in clarifying just what his statement means and doesn't.

End result is confusion and false information and beliefs on behalf of the people such a person targets with such ambiguous statements.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

In a lot of ways the Government is just the smoke, it's the corporate body and their agendas that are the fire.

Thanks for posting friend.

Ya I've debated the same thing imho i think we need to start at the top if the people take back the government then we make the rules and have the power to enforce them.

Lots of examples of this already in those representatives fighting for the people. You just need to get more of them in. A good president could have a massive impact as well.
check out this guy if you havnt already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
+ stars all around lots of great info all the work is much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Go to any big city Air port and look around the industrial park that usually surrounds such a place. See all the nondescript, windowless buildings, with a name like ARJ ltd., parking lot nearly full, keyless touchpad entry, etc.

Those places are filled with data miners and sockpuppets either freelance, or on the payroll of govt. military, big corp or even some nonprofits.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Hey thanks for the link, I will surely check that out.

I would like to believe changing the government alone could result in the kind of legislation that would real in the corporations but I fear as long as the Federal Reserve exists as more or less an independent body of private banks, many of them foreign owned, that the Corporations will ultimately always have the leverage that they need especially over the President.

Fail to play ball and they (the banks and corporations) simply stop arranging for the unlimited credit that has the US Treasury 14 Trillion dollars and debt and growing by the seconds that ultimately our children, and their children, and their children are going to be on the hook for.

I suspect it's going to take more than a crop of honest politicians to set this house in fair order.

You know what they say though, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Go to any big city Air port and look around the industrial park that usually surrounds such a place. See all the nondescript, windowless buildings, with a name like ARJ ltd., parking lot nearly full, keyless touchpad entry, etc.

Those places are filled with data miners and sockpuppets either freelance, or on the payroll of govt. military, big corp or even some nonprofits.

It's pretty amazing how brazenly and openly these firms and shadowy organizations do operate, flush with either Homeland Security Money or Department of Defense Money, we literally pay to be at times both degraded and defamed by the Government.

I wonder if honest work is going to become obsolete one of these days.

Thanks for sharing that keen observation my friend.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What we see with their language is implementation of Psycological Warfare.
The terminiology we are familiar with orgiginated back in the 20's and came to light to the general
public in the 40's when an article entitled "Psychological Warfare and How to Wage It" appeared in a popular American journal.

Fast forward to today, and we have a "SYWAR" as it was known then being waged upon us.

In this era of Pentagon outsourcing - one contractor is of particular interest due to the
fact that they have been hiring as of late, recruiting candidates with a desired background in PsyOps.

Barbaricum -

Barbaricum is an ancient Roman Army term referring to the frontier beyond the charted Roman Empire--
the great unknown, full of chaos and void of order.

How fitting.

One only has to google the term Centcom together with Cubic to put the pieces together.

Indeed we are experiencing a state where military doctine is rapidly advancing and blurs the juridical lines of operation between policing and intelligence; obscures the distinctions between war and peace; transcends the definitions of local, and international police and military operations.

www.psywar.org...
edit on 22-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Another excellent find, just another nail in our coffins which reminds me of this.

Destruction is coming at us from everywhere, even places you wouldn't dream of.

S&F

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I see it as a more black and white kind of thing!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

According to Obama's blog yesterday, all Americans are "engaged in discussions that will effect there entire lives and politics"...obama double-speak at Facebook visit in Palo Alto.
m.whitehouse.gov...

Dis-info on steriods...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

According to Obama's blog yesterday, all Americans are "engaged in discussions that will effect there entire lives and politics"...obama double-speak at Facebook visit in Palo Alto.
m.whitehouse.gov...

Dis-info on steriods...

One mght say that's a bit ominous, Americans discussing issues publicly could be effecting their entire lives as the Domestic Terrorist and Domestic Extremist labels are used more and more liberally by the Obama Justice Department everyday.

The Think Tanks and the Government of course do monitor the Internet and have a very good idea of what kind of opposition is brewing to their many and varied unconstitutional policies and acts.

They do consider us the enemy, and it shows more and more in the words that they coin to describe Americans critical of the Government in deragatory and forboding ways, it certainly shows in the actions that prompted this expose, video and thread.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

It's pretty amazing how brazenly and openly these firms and shadowy organizations do operate, flush with either Homeland Security Money or Department of Defense Money, we literally pay to be at times both degraded and defamed by the Government.

I wonder if honest work is going to become obsolete one of these days.

Thanks for sharing that keen observation my friend.

Thanks and don't be surprised when some of your favorite mods on some of your favorite conspiracy sites are revealed to be sockpuppets; military, exmilitary, LEOs etc. Some have even admitted it. It's really expected, isn't it? Do you think that there is really any anonymity by using a name like "whaaa" ...........I don't. I'm positive they have my iphone link and know where I am, who I'm doing and what I'm doing it with!!! 1984 is here at last. Tonite I will receive a phone call with no one on the line, no return number as a reminder that I better keep my mouth shut.

edit on 22-4-2011 by whaaa because: viva la pepa

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see

Sounds like some of the stuff we see around here.

I find it best to simply ignore the trolls.

As far as the investigation goes, I'm going to assume nowhere so long as the investigation is internal. That's a major problem with our system here in the US. It's as if they delegate the criminal to do their own "investigative" work.

COR RUP TION

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing, good to know im not the only one to notice.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Speaking of anomolies and Internet manipulation 10 minutes ago I pulled up the thread to respond to Granites post and the thread had 24 flags.

I typed out two paragraphs at my usual 110 words per minute and posted it to find out that the flags on the thread had doubled in scracely a minute and had hurdled to the Home Page second most hot topic slot.

It's been a slow day on ATS and I can't imagine 24 members all flagged the thread in that minute, and in part because while it picked up 24 flags, it didn't pick up one star for the opening piece.

Likewise last night a new member who had just joined yesterday managed to post six back to back threads in breaking news, one of them actually just an advertisement for a gasoline saving product, without have 1 post to his credit, and not typing one word that didn't come from the actual articles and websites the stories were based on.

What was even more interesting is that they all with the exception of the advertisement were recent stories within the last 24 hours, but each one of them came from sites I had never heard or seen before.

Quite a remarkable little feat for a brand new member.

This morning when I awoke after alerting the mods before going to bed about the unusual activity all the threads were gone.

So I think we do have to ask...

a. who all has the power to manipulate sites like ATS and to what end

and

b. Do I slip occassionally back and forth between alternate universes?

or

C.

Both of the above!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I wonder that all the time proto...been called paranoid for it too...I guess maybe I am...but at least I have justification for being paranoid

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

I wonder that all the time proto...been called paranoid for it too...I guess maybe I am...but at least I have justification for being paranoid

I am observant by nature (spy, cop, gangster kind of observant) and I pay close attention to numbers and other things that can establish 'predictable' and 'reliable' patterns.

In recent months I have seen more and more activity here on the Internet where the numbers can't actually add up to how they add up, yet they are adding up to that, in defiance of what are predictable and reliable patterns that would typically be the norm.

The do tend to center around certain topics and certain posters and groups of posters, to where these anomolies themselves begin to establish a clear pattern.

People often think I am crazy or paranoid or just 'jealous' when I observe these things and point them out.

Yet I know math is hard and fast thing, and that the trends it establishes are reliable.

So I often do believe something is up, when of course those likely involved tell me 'that's just crazy talk'.

It really isn't, and to tell you the truth I sometimes find the most disturbing thing of all the blatant manipulations where it's presumed people aren't going to notice.

That's really how our government and some of these organizations and corporations think, that we are too dumb or innatentive to notice.

edit on 22/4/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I notice ANON is going after Metal Gear.

anonnews.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow... I always thought people here were crazy when they talked about government shills on the internet.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Great find Proto! If the Army Corps of Engineers employees got online to distort the facts or ridicule the victims of such a tragic calamity like Katrina, it was an insult to injury and downright rotten. Apparently, they have a lot to hide about their role as caretakers of the levees in New Orleans? Those employees along with their supervisors should have been fired on the spot. However, judging by the news report; it seems they tried to whitewash their involvement.

Shame on them or any propagandist or disinformation agents online or elsewhere. The city was underwater and many lost their lives. Below is a reminder for the "Sock Puppets," about just how bad things got during Katrina.

It was not something to joke about, ridicule, or try to lesson the severity of such calamitous event. The eye witness accounts and video taken both during and after the storm should put everything into perspective about the alleged negligence by the local, state, and federal government about their roles in the preparation and response to storm. All we can do is continue to debate the controversial topics, and smoke out the provocateurs with facts and legitimate arguments. They will go away when others realize their lies and blatant disruptions of important discussions on controversial topics.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Jakes51 because: Added more text.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

hopefully anon can figure out what it's all about...if it's another program for internet disinfo or more god help us...as the internet is slowly turning into a war ground for truth...could even be dangerous soon to actively state your opinion concerning government projects...big brother coming to a site near you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join